Falcons WR Harry Douglas (knee), DT Peria Jerry (leg), and CB Brian Williams (knee) have all been medically cleared for training camp.

The Falcons played it extremely cautious with the trio's recoveries in pre-camp work, so this news comes as a relief for the team's outlook. Douglas may get a shot to beat out Michael Jenkins for the starting split end job. Jerry projects as Atlanta's starting nose tackle, next to Jonathan Babineaux. Williams will look to hold off Chris Owens and Brent Grimes at right corner.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=ATL

WR Harry Douglas, DT Peria Jerry & CB Brian Williams all medically cleared to start training camp on Friday, said #Falcons coach Mike Smith.

Edited by head busta from augusta

Clearly the Falcons are lying behind the master mind of Tomas Damitrov. The real truth that I made up is that Perry Jerry will be in a wheel chair the rest of his life, Harriot Douglas is Byron Finnerman 2.0, and Byrant Williams has had his leg amputated from the knee down. We shud have takenz Dez Byerant in teh draft and 0-13 is staring us in the face.

HAHA you're a joke! Byron Finnerman, don't think I know who that is and I thought we played 16 game seasons? and Dez Byerant runs the 11.68K marathon in my neighborhood I think you got him mixed up with Dez White! LMAO

This was a joke right? :huh:

im somewhat excited but not much. you know what they say about returning from an acl tear. take two years to be at full strength. i hope HD comes out and has a big year but im not gonna bet my dollars on it

The one good things is we are not relying solely on these players to be the man at there position! So they all can be worked in.

im somewhat excited but not much. you know what they say about returning from an acl tear. take two years to be at full strength. i hope HD comes out and has a big year but im not gonna bet my dollars on it

That's mostly when you injure it during the season but all cases are different. Wes Welker got hurt in the last game of the season but is already back (which I think will lead to him reinjuring it like Thomas Davis). Brian Williams has been cleared. But Douglas has had a full 365 days unlike most of the others. Even Jerry cleared 300 days of recovery. I think they will be fine.

I honestly think they brought Williams back to show Grimes/Owens/Jackson how to play corner in that defense. He knew it better than any other corner last year and couldn't full teach them during the year as he was trying to get prepared himself for the upcoming games. Now he has a full TC to show them how the defense should work not just telling them from the sideline. More of a walkthrough standpoint from a player rather than a coach.

Clearly the Falcons are lying behind the master mind of Tomas Damitrov. The real truth that I made up is that Perry Jerry will be in a wheel chair the rest of his life, Harriot Douglas is Byron Finnerman 2.0, and Byrant Williams has had his leg amputated from the knee down. We shud have takenz Dez Byerant in teh draft and 0-13 is staring us in the face.

?

Guest Gritz

This is some great news, though I have to admit I'm surprised they didn't wait until the day before camp to make the announcement.

Maybe they're tired of all of the half-azz reporting and speculation about the situation....... ;)

whats he sad caze it de truff.

Home boy needs to get up to speed as quickly as possible for the new plays. (H. Douglas)

In other words, it will be a tough call on bringing him along slowly. But he has had the most

time to get healed.

Responding to whispers that DT Peria Jerry's knee injury was more serious than the team let on, a source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com that the Falcons are not concerned about the situation.

The Falcons have only themselves to blame for the rumors, as they've never disclosed the details of Jerry's injury. In fact, PFT's source now says that Jerry's ACL was never damaged. The injury is believed to have been bone related, and a different ligament may have also been involved. Jerry is now expected to be ready to go when training camp opens, though we remain skeptical that he'll be close 100 percent.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

I think this is funny. They say the Falcons only have themselves to blame because they didn't disclose any information and now it is believed to be bone related.

The Falcons said it was bone related many months ago, but I guess the media didn't get the memo and started speculating. The only thing the Falcons ever said was that it was bone related and that was last fall.

The Brian Williams thing is very surprising to me. I honestly thought he would start out on the PUP list and later be ready to go if our young guys didn't step up. I really thought there was no chance he would be ready and starting for the first game. I'm still not convinced he will be the starter. Get ready for the "I told you so" posts.

:lol::lol: Thanks King Ed, I need a good laugh +1

Its great to hear that our guys have the green light. I wasn't too concerned about Jerry and HD but Williams being ready was a bit surprising to me; I thought he would start the season on PUP. Its great that they will be ready. Lets just hope all our guys come out of camp injury free.

Its great to hear that our guys have the green light. I wasn't too concerned about Jerry and HD but Williams being ready was a bit surprising to me; I thought he would start the season on PUP. Its great that they will be ready. Lets just hope all our guys come out of camp injury free.

I wonder if Williams actually suffer an ACL injury. I was reading a couple of articles and they all described it as a knee injury versus ACL while describing Douglas injury as an ACL. I often wonder why they signed Williams so earlier at the beginning of the year for so much maybe they knew something that we all did not know that his injury was not as serious. Let's be honest it is not as if they forth coming with Jerry injury.

They will be fine guys. They've had nearly a year to recover. Wes Welker tore his ACL in the last regular season game of 2009, yet he practiced in OTA's, the whole 2 years recovery is a myth. I personally believe that Falcons are just being extra cautious, as well they should be.