My Madden 11 Review

I will be giving out my opinion on Madden 11 so far, some you may like, some you would probably dislike.

1. Madden 11 graphics are a tad bit better then Madden 10, still have the 4 shadow issues that will never go away!

2. Kicking is horrible, after a touchdown I couldn't hit a field goal if my life depended on it. EA changed the way you kick so instead of using the thumb stick to kick, you have to hit a button for power and acceleration, bad thing is after I stop it at like 95%, I can't stop it again and it always makes my kicks go wide right. Didn't really had problems with kick off but I did had problems with punting as well, the longest the ball went with me was 10 or 15 yards because it kept going out of bounds.

3. Same ol superstar mode, when you play as your created player, you don't get to hear the announcers. It gets boring to fast because you don't hear nothing but the fans and players grunt. (You do hear the announcers in franchise)

4. Might as well call this Drew Brees 11, or should I say Saints 11.

5. Barack Obama is in the game, you see him at the superbowl victory, kinda stupid if you asked me since you could go 30 years in franchise mode. 30 years and Barack Obama still looks the same, he must went through tons of botox.

6. I like the franchise mode some, but they could do more to it.

7. Virtual training is pointless imo.

8. I also like the new player cameras like before the game and after the game, like seeing a QB come off the bus in his suit, etc.

9. They got a thing called Gameflow, they basically pick a play for you. Like Ask madden.

10. Never played the online part and not planning to, I could never finish a game without somebody always quitting.

Oh and last thing, No Bear Woods! :(

At least I didn't find him yet.

Edited by Hatchetinator

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they still have or improve on "The Extra Point" in franchise?

I don't even know if it even have The Extra point, at least I didn't see it yet. Next time I play it, I will check it out. I just started playing it last night.

Oh true, how did you get it already??

I finally found it but I couldn't tell you if its improved or not since I never really watched it much in Madden 10. My friend has it :)

They usually don't have the full training camp roster. They wait until the final cuts and do a roster update right before the start of the season.

Bear needs to make this team!

Edited by Hatchetinator

The kicking game was no problem for me. Just finished playing the demo using the Colts. 42-0 on Pro mode(was expecting more of a challenge). All kicks were more or less right up the middle.

I started to get the handle of the kicking some but I still think the kicking system sucks.

I started to get the handle of the kicking some but I still think the kicking system sucks.

The change is so minor and doesn't really do anything different. Instead of using a control stick you time it with a slider. I can still boot it all the way to the opponent's endzone down the middle every time.

My final verdict of Madden 11.

5/10

Reason being is that this game is no different than Madden 10. Kinda disappointed.

It is a NFL football game. What big difference were you expecting?

The change is so minor and doesn't really do anything different. Instead of using a control stick you time it with a slider. I can still boot it all the way to the opponent's endzone down the middle every time.

It is a NFL football game. What big difference were you expecting?

Kickoffs isn't bad, just going after FG's. Also It's the only nfl football game, wheres the competition?

I really thought it improved from what I saw in the demo. I really like the new kicking system. It makes it to where your kicker's overall actually does matter, instead of just finding the guy with the strongest leg and playing with him. I really like the gameflow too, especially when it'll be my gameplan and not the ******** computer's one.

I think it's improved. I've been playing the demo a lot and I really like the locomotion system. I mean using the right stick you can lean away from tacklers and plus changing directions is a lot faster. You can turn sharply without having to juke a little like in '10. Plus the receivers are much more aware now and drag their toes on the sideline or in the endzone. That helps ALOT. The only problem with that is sometimes when you try to pass to someone in the flat they go too far to the sideline and drag their toes out of bounds on the sideline instead of running up alongside it so you can go upfield.

Commentary is about the same, not any worse or better than '10. I thought the graphics have improved along with the animations. Some new animations and improved old animations make the game flow a lot better. Plus the new cutscenes before the game and during the game are pretty cool i think. Players and coaches faces look a lot better in this game than in '10.

Overall, i think the game has improved nicely.