Pre-Season Mock Draft

WoTFan

This is based on how I view a players stock RIGHT NOW. It will change. But, I'm not going to try to predict it.

1. DE, Greg Romeus, Pitt, Starting LDE

2. OT, Derek Sherrod, MSU, Has LT potential but might be better on the right side

3. WR, Terrence Tolliver, LSU, elite triangle numbers. QB play suspect

4. LB, Josh Bynes, AUB, played MLB at AUB. Backup at M/SLB that could devlop into a starter

5. RB, Mario Fannin, AUB, Never carried the rock much, surprisingly good receiver for a big back.

6. K, Kai Forbath, UCLA, Didn't miss any kicks under 50 yards last year, 3 of 6 over 50.

7. FB, Owen Marecic, Stanford, Plays both FB and MLB at Stanford. Just a good football player.

This is based on how I view a players stock RIGHT NOW. It will change. But, I'm not going to try to predict it.

2. OT, Derek Sherrod, MSU, Has LT potential but might be better on the right side

4. LB, Josh Bynes, AUB, played MLB at AUB. Backup at M/SLB that could devlop into a starter

5. RB, Mario Fannin, AUB, Never carried the rock much, surprisingly good receiver for a big back.

6. K, Kai Forbath, UCLA, Didn't miss any kicks under 50 yards last year, 3 of 6 over 50.

7. FB, Owen Marecic, Stanford, Plays both FB and MLB at Stanford. Just a good football player.

Very nice

I like it. Don't know the last 2 picks tho. Bynes is a beast.

I had Marecic in my mock. He is very much a TD pick - known for being extremely hard working. He is currently the no. 1 on the depth chart for Stanford at both MLB and FB, so he is versatile. He is one of the best blocking FB's in the nation, paving the way for Toby Gerhart the last few years.

I assume we keep Norwood and let Snelling walk (as we are taking a big back).

If so, great job. Particularly love the first and last picks - definitely want both of them in R&B.

I seem to remember something about an arrest for Tolliver - can anyone clarify? If so maybe swap out but a possesion receiver is a need.

I love your 1st two picks and last two picks.

Romeus is still pretty raw, but has a huge amount of upside. Sherrod is my 2nd favorite Tackle in this class, behind Carimi. He fits exactly what we need - a player capable of playing both LT and RT. Kai Forbath is one of the best kickers I've seen in college for a number of years. Marecic would be a great pick, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

I'm not too keen on picks 3 and 5 though. LSU WR's don't translate well to the NFL.

Overall a very good mock at this point.

Edited by Smiler11

I love your 1st two picks and last two picks.

Romeus is still pretty raw, but has a huge amount of upside. Sherrod is my 2nd favorite Tackle in this class, behind Carimi. He fits exactly what we need - a player capable of playing both LT and RT. Kai Forbath is one of the best kickers I've seen in college for a number of years. Marecic would be a great pick, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

I'm not too keen on picks 3-5 though. LSU WR's don't translate well to the NFL.

Overall a very good mock at this point.

Agree with this, although I like 4.

I don't think you can judge another player based on other prospects that have come through. USC has a bad reputation for that. Yet Steve Smith is the #1 up in NY. You just have to grade them as they come.

I don't know if Tolliver has an arrest on his record. Haven't seen anything on it. But I agree it would take him off our radar.

I don't think you can judge another player based on other prospects that have come through. USC has a bad reputation for that. Yet Steve Smith is the #1 up in NY. You just have to grade them as they come.

I don't know if Tolliver has an arrest on his record. Haven't seen anything on it. But I agree it would take him off our radar.

I've never heard that. :huh:

Countless Trojans have been sick in the NFL. In fact, Reggie's the only exception I can think of, and he's still a valuable part of their team.

Countless Trojans have been sick in the NFL. In fact, Reggie's the only exception I can think of, and he's still a valuable part of their team.

Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams come to mind as he is talking about wide receivers. However, I'm sure there have been more given how many players USC sends to the league each year.

EDIT - Also Keary Colbert

Edited by FalcoChicquera