So tomorrow is the day

As a few of you may know, my wife and I found out she was pregnant in December. Well, the time has now come for the baby to be here. My wife is now 41 weeks and 3 days, with 42 weeks being the safe medical cut off point, we have decided to let the doctor induce her tomorrow am. We did not want to go past the 42 week mark for it is unsafe for both. We also wanted the baby to come when he is ready, but you can only wait so long.

So maybe around lunch tomorrow or tomorrow afternoon, I WILL BE A FATHER! I have his little Falcons outfit ready to go as long as he fits in it. He is expected to be around 9 pounds or so. I cannot wait until tomorrow am, I am so excited. There is also a part of me that is nervous and just hopes everything goes well, too. So I ask my fellow Falcon brethren here to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if you don't mind. I can use all the help we can get!

I will try and post up some pics tomorrow and update how everything went. I pray that everything will go as smooth as a baby's bottom and we will have no complications!

GO FALCONS!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

As a few of you may know, my wife and I found out she was pregnant in December. Well, the time has now come for the baby to be here. My wife is now 41 weeks and 3 days, with 42 weeks being the safe medical cut off point, we have decided to let the doctor induce her tomorrow am. We did not want to go past the 42 week mark for it is unsafe for both. We also wanted the baby to come when he is ready, but you can only wait so long.

So maybe around lunch tomorrow or tomorrow afternoon, I WILL BE A FATHER! I have his little Falcons outfit ready to go as long as he fits in it. He is expected to be around 9 pounds or so. I cannot wait until tomorrow am, I am so excited. There is also a part of me that is nervous and just hopes everything goes well, too. So I ask my fellow Falcon brethren here to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if you don't mind. I can use all the help we can get!

I will try and post up some pics tomorrow and update how everything went. I pray that everything will go as smooth as a baby's bottom and we will have no complications!

GO FALCONS!

GO FALCONS!

Your first? Congratz--lot of work and tough going without 8 hours of sleep but in the end so worth it---I will say a quick prayer everything goes good!

Edited by Nono

Your first? Congratz--lot of work and tough going without 8 hours of sleep but in the end so worth it---I will say a quick prayer everything goes good!

Yep, this is our first. We have been together for 10 years and married for a year and a half. How we made it this long without a kid I have no freaking idea, but obviously that all comes to and end tomorrow! :D

Yep, this is our first. We have been together for 10 years and married for a year and a half. How we made it this long without a kid I have no freaking idea, but obviously that all comes to and end tomorrow! :D

Boy or Girl? Names?

Congrats, it's probably the most amazing moment you will ever experience in your lifetime. Both of ours were induced, she was relaxed and I was relaxed, no nerve racking "we've got to go NOW!!!!" rush to the hospital. Just an unhurried drive there and back, in go the iv's out comes baby.

Congrats, it's probably the most amazing moment you will ever experience in your lifetime. Both of ours were induced, she was relaxed and I was relaxed, no nerve racking "we've got to go NOW!!!!" rush to the hospital. Just an unhurried drive there and back, in go the iv's out comes baby.

Did your wife have to undergo a c section in either one of those induced births? We hope that isn't going to happen to us.

A son, and I'm naming him Jackson. B)

Your life is about to change in a way you never thought imaginable.

I have a son that turns 11 on Saturday. This summer I have set up a football field using orange cones in our back yard. I've stepped off a forty yard playing area complete with yard markers. I'm teaching him various WR routes and putting him through 'drills'. He loves it. He looks forward to his football 'practice' everyday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier this summer I was explaining to him about insomnia. I said, "you know when it's really hard to get to sleep because you have something on your mind.

He answered quickly, "Like when you get a new pair of shoes to wear to school the next day?"

Congratulations! You're in my prayers and I'll be nervous with you.

I'm already so nervous I effed up my reply!

GO FALCONS!

Edited by TeamPlayer1

Did your wife have to undergo a c section in either one of those induced births? We hope that isn't going to happen to us.

No she didn't. At this point you might have an idea as to whether that is a likelihood or not based on ultrasounds and baby's size mostly and somewhat due to position. An experienced midwife can turn a baby, I do think there was a little trouble turning the second some but both came out without complications. We arranged on having a midwife rather than a doctor for delivery, we expect them to be more patient and not so quick on the c-section trigger as a doctor would.

No she didn't. At this point you might have an idea as to whether that is a likelihood or not based on ultrasounds and baby's size mostly and somewhat due to position. An experienced midwife can turn a baby, I do think there was a little trouble turning the second some but both came out without complications. We arranged on having a midwife rather than a doctor for delivery, we expect them to be more patient and not so quick on the c-section trigger as a doctor would.

Thanks for the info, gives me a better idea of what we're in for. The baby is positioned right. He turned around the 6 month mark and has been down ever since. He is somewhat of a big baby, he was 6 lbs about a month and a half ago so that should give you an idea of what he should be now. We haven't heard any reason to suggest that we are going to need a c-section, but the wife seems to think inducing will lead to that. But hey, what can you do. Thanks again.

That happened with my first. I have always thought that the Dr. was just trying to get all of his patients finished by a certain time that night.

I really hope our doc doesn't do that. From what I understand the hospital has orders that the doc gave them to follow. I assume he won't even be there until it is that time anyway. They will probably call him when the contractions are <5 minutes apart.

I really hope our doc doesn't do that. From what I understand the hospital has orders that the doc gave them to follow. I assume he won't even be there until it is that time anyway. They will probably call him when the contractions are <5 minutes apart.

sivik, I'm still thinking about you, your wife and Jackson. I know that you think things are out of your control but a reassuring thought is that this is your first baby but the hospital has delivered thousands.

My prayers for your family continue.

I'm sure your wife appreciates your strength and I realize you won't get this post until tomorrow.

Edited by TeamPlayer1