DirecTV Sunday Ticket discount

So if you are like me and haven't lived in Ga for years due to career opportunites else where, the Sunday ticket is the way to go. The downside is it can be pretty expensive ($300) for some of us.

This year Superfan comes free to everyone (a $100 value) but they added the "On-The-Go Sunday Ticket" for an extra $50, which allows you to watch all the games on your PC or iPhone. For me that was the best part of the Superfan package the last two years was being able to view the games on your PC or iphone as well as on the TV all at the same time.

Now to the discount part, I received my first bill that included my Sunday ticket payment without the On-The-Go Sunday Ticket and I about shat myself. So I decided to call them up. When the automated service asked me why I was calling I said "cancel my service" and it took me right to the retentions office.

I explained to them the only reason I have DTV is for the Sunday ticket and I have been a customer for 4 seasons now and if they can't give me a better deal I am going to cancel my DTV service all together.

So when it was all said and done, I got $60 off Sunday ticket, FREE On-The-Go Sunday Ticket ($50), and one year of free HD ($120) with DTV. So if any of you are on the fence about it because its a little expensive give what I did a try and if you are more persistant I'm almost positive you can get even more of a discount.

Hope this helps someone here out! Go Falcons!

I tried it but they stated that if you have any credits at all on your account, they will not give you a discount on Sunday Ticket. I got them to take the To-Go off because I never use it. That's all I got. Good call, thestufford.

Just a heads up I have a 10 a month credit on the account already and they still worked with me. I gave him my sob story. Told him my wife was going to make me change to another cable company if they were not able to figure out a better rate. Good luck.

Did you add the NFL ticket yearly for renewal? The was I get the discount every year is to let them upload it on my account without asking me every year. In other words I told them to automaticly give it to me without asking and I get a $60 discount over the regular subscriber rate.

Yah, mine auto-renews every year and in years past I got a discount but not this year, which was another reason I called...

Just followed what you did. And it worked. They gave me the hd off for a year 120 and a one time 150 credit. Thanks for the info. RISE UP.

Dang! $150 credit is nice!! I guess its all about who you talk to... I even told them I'm in Iraq right now, which I am, to get a little bit better of a deal and what I posted earlier is all I walked away with... but either way I'm happy :)

Just a heads up I have a 10 a month credit on the account already and they still worked with me. I gave him my sob story. Told him my wife was going to make me change to another cable company if they were not able to figure out a better rate. Good luck.

Yea, it's ALL negotiable with DirecTV. It can depend on who you talk to but I encourage folks to keep trying.

Yah, mine auto-renews every year and in years past I got a discount but not this year, which was another reason I called...

This year "the spouse is going to make me cancel and switch to another provider" or in my case " the wife will make me quit the Sunday Ticket and Direct TV if I don't get the price down" is good for $120 off. You have to act like it is true. If they don't give you a deal you say" I will have to see if my spouse is still going to switch"

There is a whole thread that runs every year on footballguys.com the discusses the do's and don'ts

Yea, it's ALL negotiable with DirecTV. It can depend on who you talk to but I encourage folks to keep trying.

i agree

i called twice today, the 1st time i called i threatened to cancel n the rep cud care less, then i called back n at the prompt i said cancel n i was transferred to the discontinue line n the rep bought it hook line n sinker. she even mentioned she was a CheeseHead living n Idaho. i think the superfan n red zone is free but anyway its included along with a total bill of $180 instead of $300. good looking out thstufford!

I just finally broke down and installed DTV and ordered the ticket after not having cable for two years. My main reason was it being more expensive going to a sports bar every sunday than to shell the $300 for the ticket. I know this won't work for me this year since it's my first year but I had read about this in another thread and told my cousin to try it out since he has had it for a long time. Naturally, he asked the wifey to take care of it so she tried it and it worked.

They gave him $20 off a month which dropped it down to $179.99 without a hassle. They even gave him a bunch of free movie packages for 3 months for no reason at all so he was pretty happy. I still had to pay him for helping me paint my house but a deal is a deal.

Just thought I would share this here so everyone will know it's the real deal and not a big hassle. The worst that can happen is they say "sure" and you can call back in a week or two and talk to someone else and reorder it. Why say no to saving some money. I just hope it works for me next year.

Edited by Sho'Nuff

I just finally broke down and installed DTV and ordered the ticket after not having cable for two years. My main reason was it being more expensive going to a sports bar every sunday than to shell the $300 for the ticket.

For me its not the Sunday ticket that kills me... its the $80+ a month I spend during the offseason just to watch NFLN in HD. The only other use I get out of DirecTV is my 15 month old daughter loves watching "Yo Gabba Gabba" :)