Hogs embrace expectations.

SacFalcFan

That's good. We want a confident Arkansas team.

Remember when one of their players last year said that he wanted a confident UGA team to show up, well we too would like a confident Arkansas team to show up.

GO DAWGS

yeah i remember that.. arkansas players and fans were talking some smack before last year's game.. we beat them with a crap defense in their house.. they called it the biggest game they have had in arkansas in some time (not my words but arky fan's words) and they had all offseason to prepare for UGA and we still won that game with joe cox at qb and richard samuel at rb. They can be confident all they want, but this time they are in our house and we don't have joe cox or richard samuel playing on offense and oh yeah no jancek, willie, or fabris. :D

rootdown where are you.. :P

yeah i remember that.. arkansas players and fans were talking some smack before last year's game.. we beat them with a crap defense in their house.. they called it the biggest game they have had in arkansas in some time (not my words but arky fan's words) and they had all offseason to prepare for UGA and we still won that game with joe cox at qb and richard samuel at rb. They can be confident all they want, but this time they are in our house and we don't have joe cox or richard samuel playing on offense and oh yeah no jancek, willie, or fabris. :D

rootdown where are you.. :P

I might be a homer but I honestly don't see our defence being as bad as last year even early on. Just proper technique alone, making a play on the ball, will help. That being said I think we narrowly escape USC with garcia throwing a pick 6 to boykin. Then I believe we will set the tone for the year with a good ole' fashion beatin of arkansas. Play ball control football against there wretched defence, I think there's was worse than ours last year??, and keep mallet where he belongs...on the side line. Just my opinion I've been wrong before.

I might be a homer but I honestly don't see our defence being as bad as last year even early on. Just proper technique alone, making a play on the ball, will help. That being said I think we narrowly escape USC with garcia throwing a pick 6 to boykin. Then I believe we will set the tone for the year with a good ole' fashion beatin of arkansas. Play ball control football against there wretched defence, I think there's was worse than ours last year??, and keep mallet where he belongs...on the side line. Just my opinion I've been wrong before.

our defense will improve and get better as the year goes on IMO, but this game is going to be a tough one. arkansas has a ton of talent on offense, but their defense stinks. we can run the ball at will against them IMO and keep that offense off the field. let's hope we can slow them down and get some turnovers.

our defense will improve and get better as the year goes on IMO, but this game is going to be a tough one. arkansas has a ton of talent on offense, but their defense stinks. we can run the ball at will against them IMO and keep that offense off the field. let's hope we can slow them down and get some turnovers.

It will definitely be a good test. But the level of excitement for our boys going into that game is going to be off the charts. First chance to make a real statement at home they will be juiced up, no pun intended fl fans. Can't wait to see grantham on the sidelines this year setting the tone I would pay good money to hear his pregame speech before this one.

It will definitely be a good test. But the level of excitement for our boys going into that game is going to be off the charts. First chance to make a real statement at home they will be juiced up, no pun intended fl fans. Can't wait to see grantham on the sidelines this year setting the tone I would pay good money to hear his pregame speech before this one.

I'm as much as a UGA homer as you are, but Arkansas should NOT be overlook. Their offense is scary. They can put up points at will.....for all we know defense may be improved from last year. Doubt it. I just hope we can contain their offense or outscore them again.

Its Bobby Punktrino's first trip back to the state of Georgia since ditching the Falcons. I know a lot of folks have moved on given Atlanta's quick turnaround but I want nothing more than to embarrass him on national T.V.

Its Bobby Punktrino's first trip back to the state of Georgia since ditching the Falcons. I know a lot of folks have moved on given Atlanta's quick turnaround but I want nothing more than to embarrass him on national T.V.

I'm in that number. Can't wait.

the one thing as well fans need to remember is mallet away from home is not the same as the mallet at home. there is a big difference and imo part of that is his protection and the opposing crowd is a factor for him and that offense.. we have the right offense to limit their chances.. we just need to get a few turnovers/stops and i think we win this game pretty easily.

Any team facing Arkansas better be prepared to face on offensive onslaught. If their defense improves, even a little bit, the Hogs will be hard to handle. Right now, I believe I would make them my pick at #2 in the west. As much as I hated the Petrino hiring by the Falcons, and I hated the way he abandoned our team, I can easily admit that he's a great college coach. They've got impressive weapons at all of the skill spots. Whomever beats them will almost certainly need to score more than 27 points. Even if Mallet isn't the same on the road as he is at home; he's certainly no Jevan Snead(sp) either.