william moore

He's going to battle with Coleman in training camp, not DeCoud, his spot at FS is safe

No he is basically saying DeCoud will be pressing Moore to start. Coleman made DeCoud look bad in coverage because he was chasing trying to fix his mistakes

Coleman made DeCoud look bad in coverage because he was chasing trying to fix his mistakes

To quote a messageboard oldtimer: Clueless. Totally clueless. :lol:;)

We were dead last in the NFL in giving up big passing plays last season. 55 plays of 20 yards

or longer. You want to blame all that on Coleman? lol

Could it be that maybe you are giving DeCoud a little too much credit here? He was a big reason

we were ranked 28th against the pass. He dropped no less than 3 balls that were put right in his hands that should have been interceptions. He's still young, and while i see a boatload of potential in him,

i'm not ready to announce his induction into the Hall of Fame yet.

Moore is gonna have his work cut out for him. Coleman is no slouch.

Fact is, Moore could replace DeCoud on as many plays this season as he replaces Coleman. Who would you

rather have in there on 3rd and short - Coleman/DeCoud or Coleman/Moore?

To quote a messageboard oldtimer: Clueless. Totally clueless. :lol:;)

We were dead last in the NFL in giving up big passing plays last season. 55 plays of 20 yards

or longer. You want to blame all that on Coleman? lol

Could it be that maybe you are giving DeCoud a little too much credit here? He was a big reason

we were ranked 28th against the pass. He dropped no less than 3 balls that were put right in his hands that should have been interceptions. He's still young, and while i see a boatload of potential in him,

i'm not ready to announce his induction into the Hall of Fame yet.

Moore is gonna have his work cut out for him. Coleman is no slouch.

Fact is, Moore could replace DeCoud on as many plays this season as he replaces Coleman. Who would you

rather have in there on 3rd and short - Coleman/DeCoud or Coleman/Moore?

To drop 3 passes that fell in your hands you have to be in the right spot at the right time. DeCoud had 3 INTs and 7 PDs in his first season starting. Coleman had 3 INTs and 6 PDs last year in the same spot and is a multi year veteran. This year he had 5 PDs and 0 INTs. He was out of place obviously more than DeCoud. Simply look at the MIA when we had a shut out pitched. Who missed their easy assignment of guarding Ricky Williams out of the backfield? Coleman. But instead he gets confused on a simple play and is spinning circles while Williams trots into the endzone. Or the Cowboys game where we are in obvious Cover 2 and I think either Austin/Crayton runs a deep post to the zone where Coleman could have easily made a play but instead he bites on a chase route (underneath)leaving his zone wide open for DeCoud to try and fix. Or 3rd-and-medium in CAR and we could make a stop to give Ryan one more chance to win the game. Stewart gashes one for a TD on Coleman's side.

I like Coleman but he wasn't the same presence he was as a FS. Yea DeCoud isn't a Pro Bowler/Hall Of Famer but for it to have been his 1st season starting, he played VERY GOOD IMO. And in 3rd and short I'm taking DeCoud/Moore all day (you can't force me to choose Coleman) because if it is a play action I'm not counting on Coleman to make the play. He may make the tackle, but after the 1st down similar to Keith Brooking. I don't want my safety having 100+ tackles because that means he is either an in the box safety (lacks deep coverage skills) or is giving up plays in which he has to make the tackle.

Edited by vel

I think he will add a lot, but just not Moore, it's our whole defense this year.

I think what people don't understand is that if/when we have Moore, Decoud, and Witherspoon all on the field we have tremendous speed in the center of the field. Also, with Dunta and (I hope) Owens on the corners with Grimes at Nickle, plus Jerry and Sidburry (i think his second year will top Biermans's) we have a very strong Defense. It will be ineresting to see how things work out in camp, but to answer your question, Yes I think Moore can do big things for our Defense. I compare Moore with a mix between Brian Dawkins and Steve Atwater

I like Coleman but he wasn't the same presence he was as a FS. Yea DeCoud isn't a Pro Bowler/Hall Of Famer but for it to have been his 1st season starting, he played VERY GOOD IMO. And in 3rd and short I'm taking DeCoud/Moore all day (you can't force me to choose Coleman) because if it is a play action I'm not counting on Coleman to make the play. He may make the tackle, but after the 1st down similar to Keith Brooking. I don't want my safety having 100+ tackles because that means he is either an in the box safety (lacks deep coverage skills) or is giving up plays in which he has to make the tackle.

I agree with most of what you wrote. And DeCoud did look good in his first starting season.

But you said "Coleman made DeCoud look bad in coverage". On this i have to disagree. DeCoud made

himself look bad in coverage, but Coleman made himself look bad as well.

For the ridiculous amounts of big plays and passing yardage our defense gave up last season there is plenty of blame to go around. Playing out of position, with first year starters around him, with teams gameplanning against our weak secondary by throwing much more often, i think Coleman still managed to do an admirable job.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

who else is expecting big thing from will mo?

i remember highlights of him at mizzou....the kid can flat out play!

our back end is lookin as good as Vidas

You think the Falcons' back-end is looking as good as Vida's???? really?

249157270l.jpg

Edited by g-dawg

Been saying it since the moment we drafted him: he will be the best player on our defense for a LONG time.

Pumped.

I saw this dude destroy my alma mater for three years. Every time I saw him play I'd think "my god I'd love that guy on the Falcons". Gonna.Be.Nasty.