Brian Williams

atljbo

link

Some consider Brian Williams the front-runner in the Falcons' competition to start at right cornerback, but he may not be ready to fully participate in the battle when training camp starts Thursday. Williams underwent surgery after he tore his ACL in Week Six last season, and word is it could be the end of the training camp before he's playing at full speed. Brent Grimes, Chris Owens and Chevis Jackson are the other contenders to start opposite newcomer Dunta Robinson.

I did find it interesting that TD kept saying HD and Peria is ready for TC but he didnt say B.Williams .... We will see tho.... Regardless... I think Owens or Grimes can start

Williams was great for us last season....but with that injury and playing his position (cb) there is no way he is ready to go!!

That said, I am ready to see Owens take that spot for good.....its his for the taking

Yeah I think it will be Owens for the taking as well. I think Grimes might start the season, but Owens will eventually take it over for good. I would also like to see what Franks brings to the table as well. Can't wait to see our secondary in action this year.

ohhh cmon do u really think williams is better then brent or chris??? of course the staff would say he is either the front runner or in the battle for the job since he is a verteran for one... n to keep his spirts up.... but we all kno he was a stop gap for us, but there would be no use of him on the starting line up if brent or chris can n will take over..... he wont see the field unless there is a serious setback.....

Yeah I think it will be Owens for the taking as well. I think Grimes might start the season, but Owens will eventually take it over for good. I would also like to see what Franks brings to the table as well. Can't wait to see our secondary in action this year.

I think Grimes will play at CB but in three WR sets I think Grimes will cover the slot(in Nickle) and Owens or Williams will be at CB. Just my guess.

I think Grimes will play at CB but in three WR sets I think Grimes will cover the slot(in Nickle) and Owens or Williams will be at CB. Just my guess.

I think grimes is currently the better cover guy, but Owens is excellent in the running game and solid in cover skills.

Owens needs to be in on the 1st two downs over grimes for sure, and we need grimes in on obvious passing downs.

I think grimes is currently the better cover guy, but Owens is excellent in the running game and solid in cover skills.

Owens needs to be in on the 1st two downs over grimes for sure, and we need grimes in on obvious passing downs.

You got a good point there too!

I like that we seem to have depth at the beginning of training camp this year. Last year we thought we might be all right for the season but found out quick our CB's were not ready. That playing time for Grimes and Owens is sure to pay dividends down the road. They should let Williams take as long as he needs to recover, get more playing time for the younger guys but at least try to get Williams back by the 3rd game against the Saints.