My co-worker has a handicap parking pass

Rambler

When I hired into my job in May I hired in with a large group which had to take pre-employment physicals. One of the guys in the group pulled up to the front of the dispensary and parked in a handicapped parking spot. This guy is in great physical shape and passes the physical with flying colors and now crawls around on submarines every day. His work requires climbing up and down ladders all day as well as the normal 2-3 miles a day walking required in the yard. I asked him how he got the sticker and with a wink told me he had a doctor who looked out for him after he hurt his leg a few years back.

I have nothing against handicap parking as long as the person is actually handicapped but I hate to see able bodied people taking up handicap parking that real handicapped people need.

When I hired into my job in May I hired in with a large group which had to take pre-employment physicals. One of the guys in the group pulled up to the front of the dispensary and parked in a handicapped parking spot. This guy is in great physical shape and passes the physical with flying colors and now crawls around on submarines every day. His work requires climbing up and down ladders all day as well as the normal 2-3 miles a day walking required in the yard. I asked him how he got the sticker and with a wink told me he had a doctor who looked out for him after he hurt his leg a few years back.

I have nothing against handicap parking as long as the person is actually handicapped but I hate to see able bodied people taking up handicap parking that real handicapped people need.

I hate to see able bodied people use them, too. But I doubt any handicapped person is hurting because of it. If 90% of Virginia was physically handicapped,and every one of them decided to " save more, live better" at the exact same time, the Danville walmart would STILL have 20 too many handicapped spaces.

I hate to see able bodied people use them, too. But I doubt any handicapped person is hurting because of it. If 90% of Virginia was physically handicapped,and every one of them decided to " save more, live better" at the exact same time, the Danville walmart would STILL have 20 too many handicapped spaces.

Yeah, you go to a mall or a store and there is an abundance of handicapped parking spots, but you cannot find a non-handicapped spot within a 1/2 mile of the front door. I get a bit ticked whenever I see that.

Yeah, you go to a mall or a store and there is an abundance of handicapped parking spots, but you cannot find a non-handicapped spot within a 1/2 mile of the front door. I get a bit ticked whenever I see that.

I get ticked when I see people waiting 5 minutes so they can park closer.

My wife does this. I could have been in the store shopping by the time she finally finds a space within 20 yards of the entrance. :wacko:

I hate parking anywhere. So many inconsiderate people when it comes to damaging your car. My old car had so many cart and car door dents in it. **** the one looks like someone rammed the cart into my car with their car or something <_<

I park as far away from other cars as I can and most of the time when I return, there's my car with somebody's hoopty parked within inches of it. There won't be another occupied space within 10 slots in either direction and they have to park exactly there. :angry::angry:

I saw a guy pull up in a Nissan 300 ZX, and park in a HC spot. I was about to be really p.o.'d, until I saw him open the door, swing sideways, reach behind the front seat and pull out a wheelchair. He opened the chair and hoisted himself into it, then proceeded to wheel into the store. It was a lesson for me about pre-judging by what things look like.

I did see a mall security guy spot an illegitimate HC parker, and got all up in her face and made her move. I loved it!

But to your example, if a guy can walk, run and pass a physical agility test, it is a blatant misuse of the privilege, and should be addressed. In this case, if he has a crooked doctor friend, there would be no way to deny him to use the HC spot as long as the pass was valid.

I agree - it's just wrong.

A friend of mine has one that she pulls out at her convenience, especially if the lot is full, smh! She is 30 years olds and will even use the carts in Wal-Mart! If she rides with you, she will get it out the car and put it in yours! The last time she rode with me, I told her that she was going to have to get her FAT AZZ out and walk like everyone else. (SN: girlfriend 375lbs easily)

A friend of mine has one that she pulls out at her convenience, especially if the lot is full, smh! She is 30 years olds and will even use the carts in Wal-Mart! If she rides with you, she will get it out the car and put it in yours! The last time she rode with me, I told her that she was going to have to get her FAT AZZ out and walk like everyone else. (SN: girlfriend 375lbs easily)

Its illegal to do that (putting it in someone elses car). She could lose her HC pass for doing that.

It is awful at Disney World! You get priority EVERYTHING so people hop on them so they can get on/off the buses and stuff first. God help the poor soul that really needs one!

I would take someone with me that was hurt to places like Cedar Point because you get to skip ahead of everyone in line. No waiting times :lol:. My friend broke his leg and they let everyone with him go, no wait times at all for rides.

Its illegal to do that (putting it in someone elses car). She could lose her HC pass for doing that.

I am a cop's kid, I know, and I won't be caught dead with one hanging from my rearview! My boyfriend has really bad asthma and the doctor has recommended one for him several times but he refuses!

Yah same here, its usually waste of space. Almost anywhere you go those parking lots are almost always completely empty. I still think they should exist but definitely in smaller numbers. Cut them at least in half IMO

Yah same here, its usually waste of space. Almost anywhere you go those parking lots are almost always completely empty. I still think they should exist but definitely in smaller numbers. Cut them at least in half IMO

There is a church in danville also and It's like, half the spaces are handicap spaces.

At places like Wal-mart, I can honestly say I can recall the last time I saw a handicapped person use such spaces. unless being a lazy dbag is a handicap.

That upsets me too. I'll usually do a quick scan of a parking lot just to see if a really good space is available anywhere. If I don't see anything that is obviously available, I'll just take the first spot I can get into and I'll walk into the store from there.