I'm going to be a sports writer :D

I'm really excited that I get to be a sports writer for the school paper at Gainesville State :D. Of course, as a Falcon fan I am going to only write about them and leave the Bulldogs writing to those who know more than me.

I'll probably ask for help on these forums here and there because I have seen some very well thought out posts. Hope you guys will help if I need it.

GOOD FOR YOU KID. YOU'RE GOING TO BECOME A GREAT SPORTS WRITER.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM, AND ALWAYS DO YOUR LEG WORK, TAKE

NO ONES WORD AS FACT. LIKE I SAID, YOU'LL MAKE US PROUD. AND WE

DON'T HAVE ENOUGH "GOOD" SPORTS WRITERS. WAY TO GO KID.

Kid is a term of respect and admiration,

besides ... I'm old enough to be your

Gran-Dad! :D

I have some advice to get you started. If you really want to be a sports writer, you need to write about a lot more than the Falcons. I'm sure writing about the Falcons will be fun, but if you want to be taken seriously as a writer, you need to stay objective. It's a lot tougher to do that for a team you love. Career wise, you'd probably be better off writing more about any other team and less about the Falcons. If you're just doing it for fun and trying to create a Falcon's fan club, I look forward to reading your articles :-)

I have some advice to get you started. If you really want to be a sports writer, you need to write about a lot more than the Falcons. I'm sure writing about the Falcons will be fun, but if you want to be taken seriously as a writer, you need to stay objective. It's a lot tougher to do that for a team you love. Career wise, you'd probably be better off writing more about any other team and less about the Falcons. If you're just doing it for fun and trying to create a Falcon's fan club, I look forward to reading your articles :-)

I know, I would enjoy more to write about all NFL teams, but because it is a small school paper, they seem to stick to only Georgia sports.

GOOD FOR YOU KID. YOU'RE GOING TO BECOME A GREAT SPORTS WRITER.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM, AND ALWAYS DO YOUR LEG WORK, TAKE

NO ONES WORD AS FACT. LIKE I SAID, YOU'LL MAKE US PROUD. AND WE

DON'T HAVE ENOUGH "GOOD" SPORTS WRITERS. WAY TO GO KID.

Kid is a term of respect and admiration,

besides ... I'm old enough to be your

Gran-Dad! :D

Lol, I will remember where I came from. I'm not really interested in sports writing as a career. Whenever I start to want to do that, I get depressed on here when I see well thought out posts. I think to myself "If they can't be sports writers, neither can I." I am very interested in sports management and sports media/video production and this will look good for resumes. Sports writing is still an option though. And btw, I know I am a terrible writer on here, but I promise that all my grammar/etc. will be MUCH better written in the paper. I am a pretty good writer when it comes to college papers at least, and hopefully it will translate.

Lol, I will remember where I came from. I'm not really interested in sports writing as a career. Whenever I start to want to do that, I get depressed on here when I see well thought out posts. I think to myself "If they can't be sports writers, neither can I." I am very interested in sports management and sports media/video production and this will look good for resumes. Sports writing is still an option though. And btw, I know I am a terrible writer on here, but I promise that all my grammar/etc. will be MUCH better written in the paper. I am a pretty good writer when it comes to college papers at least, and hopefully it will translate.

KID YOU CAN BE FAR BETTER THAN ANY OF US. YOU PROBABLY ARE RIGHT NOW AND DON'T KNOW IT.

JUST WRITE WHAT YOU THINK, WHAT YOU FEEL, AND WHAT YOU CAN PROVE, AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE

ANY TROUBLE. DON'T BE DEPRESSED, BE OBSESSED ... YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND

TO DOING. THE GREATEST WRITERS IN ALL OF HISTORY ... GOT STARTED SOME WHERE. AND YOU'RE

STARTING HERE.

TO BE A GREAT WRITER, YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH CRITICISM. NEVER TAKE NOTHING

PERSONAL. TAKE THE CRITICISM, THEN KEEP WRITING THE SAME STUFF. THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW,

THE CRITICIZERS ARE TRYING TO WRITE LIKE YOU. HANG IN THERE KID. :D

KID YOU CAN BE FAR BETTER THAN ANY OF US. YOU PROBABLY ARE RIGHT NOW AND DON'T KNOW IT.

JUST WRITE WHAT YOU THINK, WHAT YOU FEEL, AND WHAT YOU CAN PROVE, AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE

ANY TROUBLE. DON'T BE DEPRESSED, BE OBSESSED ... YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND

TO DOING. THE GREATEST WRITERS IN ALL OF HISTORY ... GOT STARTED SOME WHERE. AND YOU'RE

STARTING HERE.

TO BE A GREAT WRITER, YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH CRITICISM. NEVER TAKE NOTHING

PERSONAL. TAKE THE CRITICISM, THEN KEEP WRITING THE SAME STUFF. THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW,

THE CRITICIZERS ARE TRYING TO WRITE LIKE YOU. HANG IN THERE KID. :D

Thank you :). I am obsessed with all forms of football (and even basketball) and I think I can easily come up with material. I just need to work on making it into good articles. I might post them here for feedback if that's okay.

Conrats FF...you are living a dream for many of us. It is always important to have a career that you enjoy....so take time to enjoy what you are doing and catch as many sporting events as you can.

One thing I learned in life is pick a few select mentors and see what they did really well and immolate them....while not losing your own personality and strengths. You will do great!

best of luck to you....

gb

Conrats FF...you are living a dream for many of us. It is always important to have a career that you enjoy....so take time to enjoy what you are doing and catch as many sporting events as you can.

One thing I learned in life is pick a few select mentors and see what they did really well and immolate them....while not losing your own personality and strengths. You will do great!

best of luck to you....

gb

Well, I'm an editor. My wife and I publish a small free weekly newspaper, and I'd like to have a writer covering just the Falcons. Don't pay anything, but you'll be able to tell people on here that you've been pubished.

And GB, the word you meant to use is emulate, which means to copy. Immolate means to sacrifice, usually by fire. Not a good thing to do to your mentors!

Well, I'm an editor. My wife and I publish a small free weekly newspaper, and I'd like to have a writer covering just the Falcons. Don't pay anything, but you'll be able to tell people on here that you've been pubished.

And GB, the word you meant to use is emulate, which means to copy. Immolate means to sacrifice, usually by fire. Not a good thing to do to your mentors!

Who was that first part addressed for?

Nope I go to the Gainesville one. Transferring to North Ga though I am not the biggest fan of GSC!

lol I really like GSC but North GA is a better college. I played flag football at GSC last year. Lost every game :D But i scored our only TD of the year haha. Oh and me and my twin brother were on the front page of the website lol. Those Laker update video things. Might have seen us :D

A good editor at that I see....even though my error was probable an easy one. And yes that would not be good for my mentors. Thanks for the catch.

They are several guys here that post regularly that would be good for your paper, FF included. Some of the folks that post on the Falcon Draft forum would be good as well. Good luck in the search.

gb