Who has the worst fans in the SEC?

Obviously, I am biased but the worst fans to me are Bammers and Tennessee fans. I have had numerous instances at Bryant Denny, particularly during the streak, where fans made incredibly threatening comments and even racist comments at a friend during the game. I have had a lot of pleasant experiences even down in Baton Rouge and Athens.

What do yall think?

Just as a reminder of the Bammers, here is some video evidence:

Bammer

You're in the South. You're gonna have pockets of racist rednecks everywhere no matter what school they're pulling for.

I personally like the ignorant fans who "bleed" their schools colors when there's nothing about them that screams "university." They simply grew up watching the games and/or perhaps they had a relative attend the school a long time ago. :rolleyes:

I gotta say Fla. fans.......we whipped their arsses for most of the 70's and 80's yet did not rub their noses in it.....Gator fans are obnoxious winners. Will be glad when their dominance slows down a bit....they've dominated for awhile now.

uga and lsu fans by far. although the uga fans in my town are just shy of being mentally ********. they watch the highlights on espn and thats it. lsu fans or just plain obnoxious and bama fans are starting to get this way. the best fan base that i can actually have some good trash talk is actually Tennessee fans. I'm from Tallahassee and fsu fan base are good to talk to about football.

I gotta say Fla. fans.......we whipped their arsses for most of the 70's and 80's yet did not rub their noses in it.....Gator fans are obnoxious winners. Will be glad when their dominance slows down a bit....they've dominated for awhile now.

of the last 15 years the only thing i here from the pups are Lindsay Scott

That's because you didn't have the internet.

What were you going to do, drive to Florida and talk crap to them?

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on that. Georgia fans really do think they're so much better than everyone else.

hillybillys from athens who keep forgetting they havent won anything major in almost 30 years

Actually we're rednecks. The hillbillies live one state north. If you're going to start a pointless thread that could have just as easily been titled "Look! Free trollbait!" the least you could do is get the ignorant stereotypes right.

:lol::lol: have you ever been to a game at vanderbilt crimson? if not you should.. your team will have more fans in their stadium than they do and the vandy fans don't like it one bit..

I went once about five years or so ago and we outnumbered them in the stands about 3 to 1. I found it amusing that several Vandy fans were up in the stands reading. :D

I went once about five years or so ago and we outnumbered them in the stands about 3 to 1. I found it amusing that several Vandy fans were up in the stands reading. :D

I have been there 3x and it was funny there were groups of vanderbilt fans not paying attention to the game doing everything from reading books to playing hand held games while the football game was on. The stadium just has a big high school stadium feel to me, but those fans are interesting to say the least. I did enjoy it when a few wanted to talk smack with us about academics after their football smack was laughed at.

Yeah, Vandy fans are funny. I grew up in Nashville so I got to know all 5 of them pretty well. :lol:

I really don't know who has the worst fans, but Florida by far has the most arrogant fans and that's a personality trait I find unbearable in anyone. The fact that we hold the overall wins in the series over them but they treat us like a gimme game gets on my nerves. We have one of the best rivalries in the country and a lot of UF fans only care if they lose the game. Gay.

Little Things

Arrogance:Florida/Bama(getting there)

Slightly Annoying:Tenn/AUB/MSU(the effing bells)/UGA(we are obnoxious)

but despite loving UGA I respect all these fan bases and enjoy the fights that come from being friends with Tenn, Bama, AUB and even some UF fans.

Big Problems

Ignorance:Ole miss

Rude & Classless:LSU

Outside of ARK/UK/Vandy/USC all SEC schools have unbearable fans. Mainly because we love it so much and we really go after each other one of the reasons are conference is so great. Ole miss and LSU though really need to tone it down a notch because they aren't just trash talking and such they are flat rude and insensitive at times.

Little Things

Arrogance:Florida/Bama(getting there)

Slightly Annoying:Tenn/AUB/MSU(the effing bells)/UGA(we are obnoxious)

but despite loving UGA I respect all these fan bases and enjoy the fights that come from being friends with Tenn, Bama, AUB and even some UF fans.

Big Problems

Ignorance:Ole miss

Rude & Classless:LSU

Outside of ARK/UK/Vandy/USC all SEC schools have unbearable fans. Mainly because we love it so much and we really go after each other one of the reasons are conference is so great. Ole miss and LSU though really need to tone it down a notch because they aren't just trash talking and such they are flat rude and insensitive at times.

I can stand LSU fans a lot more than Florida fans mainly because I expect opposing fans to be rude but arrogance is unnecessary. I think if Alabama continues their success for a couple more years they could become as bad as Florida.

i know we are talking about sec fans, but when i went to the arizona state game it was hilarious. on the way into they were talking soo much smack (i don't remember what it was, but you would think they were usc and we were vandy coming ing) and then when we sat down (even though there were a bunch of dawg fans in our area) the asu fans kept saying who the heck is aj green, who the heck is knowshon moreon. They were saying they were scrubs, etc.. So we sat there and just laughed saying you will know who they are at the end of the game.. At the end of the game there were saying "oh my goodness we know who they are now".. LOLOL it was great.. they were soo arrogant coming in, but they took the losing in stride and were very good fans on the way out.

i know we are talking about sec fans, but when i went to the arizona state game it was hilarious. on the way into they were talking soo much smack (i don't remember what it was, but you would think they were usc and we were vandy coming ing) and then when we sat down (even though there were a bunch of dawg fans in our area) the asu fans kept saying who the heck is aj green, who the heck is knowshon moreon. They were saying they were scrubs, etc.. So we sat there and just laughed saying you will know who they are at the end of the game.. At the end of the game there were saying "oh my goodness we know who they are now".. LOLOL it was great.. they were soo arrogant coming in, but they took the losing in stride and were very good fans on the way out.

ASU fans are pretty rabid about their teams, as well... I've been to Tempe several times and have several friends from the area who are big ASU fans. It's funny to listen to them talk about sports because they act like they're so awesome until they get beat.

Heck, one of my friends was trying to tell me ASU baseball is better than South Carolina because they were ranked higher. It didn't matter that SC won it all. :lol:

ASU fans are pretty rabid about their teams, as well... I've been to Tempe several times and have several friends from the area who are big ASU fans. It's funny to listen to them talk about sports because they act like they're so awesome until they get beat.

Heck, one of my friends was trying to tell me ASU baseball is better than South Carolina because they were ranked higher. It didn't matter that SC won it all. :lol:

yeah it was a great trip.. i kept being congratulated by fans throughout arizona about our fan base. i even gave away a few email addresses for the athens banner to guys who wanted to write in on how great the dawg fans were in visiting their town (heck some company owner up in the grand canyon asked for the email and he was going to write in how impressed he was with how great the dawg fans were in visiting them and also remark the dawg fans took over arizona). The week before the game and after it dawg fans took over tempe, all over flagstaff, grand canyon, and a number of other towns we visited and the funny thing man is all the locals kept pointing it out to me and my wife since we all wore our bulldog clothing every where we went). I would make that trip again if we had the chance, it was just awesome.

hillybillys from athens who keep forgetting they havent won anything major in almost 30 years

does 2002 and 2005 ring any bells...ga shoulda been in consideration for a nc both of those years,but the powers that be were just figuring out how dominate the sec really was.......now they know