AJ Green or Dez Bryant?

#1$tunna

Depends on what aspect we're talking about.

For speed, athleticism, and route running skills, footwork and hands it's all AJ Green.

For strength, jump ball abilities and busting jam coverage/physicality, and body control in the air Dez Bryant is your man.

AJ is more of your prototypical wideout while Dez is a guy that's too tall to play RB and with his gargantuan hands, it makes him a freakish wideout with a knack for the position.

For your prototypical type guy, you want AJ Green. For your guy that wants a big physical wideout that's good against press coverage and can go get it in the endzone, I think Dez is your guy. Both are great wideouts, one seems a little more grounded than the other though.

AJ Green, top 5 pick in the draft if he comes out next year and best wr in the nation this year. AJ Green is good or better in almost every area than dez is. The one area people will give Dez the advantage is him being a more physical wr, but AJ isn't even a jr and he will continue to get bigger and he is very physical wr. He had a number of catches year where he took hits and continue on or used his body to break tackles/stiff arm to get more yards.

AJ Green, top 5 pick in the draft (if not #1 overall) if he comes out next year and best wr in the nation this year. AJ Green is as good or better in almost every area than dez is. The one area people will give Dez the advantage is him being a more physical wr, but AJ isn't even a jr and he will continue to get bigger and he is very physical wr. He had a number of catches year where he took hits and continue on or used his body to break tackles/stiff arm to get more yards. Both players are very talented and IMO will have great careers if they can maintain their health.

Until A.J. can catch more than 60 balls and go over a thousand yards I would have to go with Dez Bryant.....and a few other college receivers....maybe this year.

Thats on his QB also. He would have gotten it if he didnt sit out 2 games both years (i think) and he was close last year with joe cox playing qb... so because bryant had the better qb your making him the better wr? doesnt make to much sense

Thats on his QB also. He would have gotten it if he didnt sit out 2 games both years (i think) and he was close last year with joe cox playing qb... so because bryant had the better qb your making him the better wr? doesnt make to much sense

There are so many WRs in recent years that have been better college WRs than what A.J. has shown....Golden Tate, Jeff Samardzija, Calvin Johnson, Mike Hass, Jordan Shipley come to mind...and not all of them had great QBs getting them the ball. My gosh, Calvin Johnson had to deal with Reggie Ball of all QBs...LOL. The A.J. lovers act like a 55 catch WR is something extraordinary. I hope he rises to his potential this year but until he does I don't put him in the same class with those receivers...or Dez Bryant.

There are so many WRs in recent years that have been better college WRs than what A.J. has shown....Golden Tate, Jeff Samardzija, Calvin Johnson, Mike Hass, Jordan Shipley come to mind...and not all of them had great QBs getting them the ball. My gosh, Calvin Johnson had to deal with Reggie Ball of all QBs...LOL. The A.J. lovers act like a 55 catch WR is something extraordinary. I hope he rises to his potential this year but until he does I don't put him in the same class with those receivers...or Dez Bryant.

Jeff Samardzija had Brady quinn

Jordan Shipley had Colt McCoy

Golden Tate had Jimmy Clausen

Mike Hass had Matt Moore

Not to mention that AJ missed 3 games last year

Jeff Samardzija had Brady quinn

Jordan Shipley had Colt McCoy

Golden Tate had Jimmy Clausen

Mike Hass had Matt Moore

Not to mention that AJ missed 3 games last year

A.J. had Matt Stafford, first overall pick in the NFL draft. Matt Moore was not even drafted. And I think Reggie Ball is playing European volleyball. Yet, Mike Hass and Calvin Johnson were able to put up pretty remarkable numbers as WRs. And Jordan Shipley didn't have Colt McCoy in the NC game and almost single-handedly won the game for Texas with a freaked out true freshman tossing him the ball. Great college receivers step up.

A.J. had Matt Stafford, first overall pick in the NFL draft. Matt Moore was not even drafted. And I think Reggie Ball is playing European volleyball. Yet, Mike Hass and Calvin Johnson were able to put up pretty remarkable numbers as WRs. And Jordan Shipley didn't have Colt McCoy in the NC game and almost single-handedly won the game for Texas with a freaked out true freshman tossing him the ball. Great college receivers step up.

AJ had Stafford for his freshman season. :lol: And Matt Moore was a good QB in college. Getting drafted or where you get drafted is not the measuring stick of college success.

Last year we would have easily had 2 or 3 more losses if it weren't for AJ being in the game.

AJ Green is definitely more of a prototypical WR than Dez, but they both have rare natural ability. I think Dez is a little more versatile than AJ, a little more physical... but both are YAC monsters.

Hate on AJ Green all you want... you seem to only hate on UGA players. He's a top 5 pick even with missing games due to injury.

AJ Green without question you can call me a UGA homer or whatever but the guy is the most talented receiver in the country and a surefire top draft pick with this year being the THIRD starting QB throwing him the ball.

Edited by dvt5045

AJ had Stafford for his freshman season. :lol: And Matt Moore was a good QB in college. Getting drafted or where you get drafted is not the measuring stick of college success.

Last year we would have easily had 2 or 3 more losses if it weren't for AJ being in the game.

AJ Green is definitely more of a prototypical WR than Dez, but they both have rare natural ability. I think Dez is a little more versatile than AJ, a little more physical... but both are YAC monsters.

Hate on AJ Green all you want... you seem to only hate on UGA players. He's a top 5 pick even with missing games due to injury.

I don't "hate" on A.J. Green...I wish him all the success in the world. I just think its funny how so many folks annoint him as the second coming of WRs when he's caught like 55 balls a year. I see a whole lot more dynamic receivers out there in college all the time...like the ones I mentioned.

AJ was also a freshman and wasn't the number 1 receiver. CJ had one year with over 55 receptions and 1000 yards. And Oregon State Qbs also threw the ball about 475 times a season while Georgia qbs only threw about 375 times a season, which means Haas was probably targeted alot more.

I don't "hate" on A.J. Green...I wish him all the success in the world. I just think its funny how so many folks annoint him as the second coming of WRs when he's caught like 55 balls a year. I see a whole lot more dynamic receivers out there in college all the time...like the ones I mentioned.

Both Dez and AJ are great players but i think you are putting to much into Aj's stats. If you watch AJ play you can clearly see that he is on another tier than any other reciever not named Calvin Johnson. There have only been two reicievers that I have seen recently that dominate like Calvin and AJ. What alwasy amazes me is when they get close to the goal line and everyone in the stands and eeryone thats whatching around the world is thinking junp ball to AJ/Calvin but the D can never ever stop it, they know exactly whats coming but its still nothing that they can do, that really kind of puts in perspective the level that those two are on. Dez was great dont get me wrong, but he didnt have the precence that AJ and Calvin have/had, and plus they dont play very good D in the Big 12 so i cant look at his stats and say that they clealy show you how good he is.

Dez and Jordan also played in the spread offense. It's obvious that he's hating on Georgia, Wally. Honestly, who would take Jordan Shipley or Mike Haas over AJ.

lol.. no one who knows football would take those guys over AJ Green.. i was wondering when shipley would be brought up and this has nothing to do with him.. :lol:

lol.. no one who knows football would take those guys over AJ Green.. i was wondering when shipley would be brought up and this has nothing to do with him.. :lol:

The discussion, as posed by the OP, is about great "college" receivers...not who has the best potential to be an NFL first round pick or ProBowler. Obviously, at this point Green has a better chance to be an NFL receiver than Mike Hass. I'm not sure he has a better chance of being a better NFL reciever than Bryant, Johnson, Shipley, and Tate. Time will tell. But to be considered a "great college receiver" then Green better pick up his game this year. Bryant, Johnson, Shipley, Tate and Hass will always be considered to be great college recievers whether you like it or not.

The discussion, as posed by the OP, is about great "college" receivers...not who has the best potential to be an NFL first round pick or ProBowler. Obviously, at this point Green has a better chance to be an NFL receiver than Mike Hass. I'm not sure he has a better chance of being a better NFL reciever than Bryant, Johnson, Shipley, and Tate. Time will tell. But to be considered a "great college receiver" then Green better pick up his game this year. Bryant, Johnson, Shipley, Tate and Hass will always be considered to be great college recievers whether you like it or not.

no actually the discussion was between aj green and dez bryant, but you did your usual and brought up a jordan shipley in this discussion (lol). the DISCUSSION was 2 wrs and their comparison. AJ Green is the best wr in the nation and it's easy by watching him. The rest of those names don't belong to be discussed in this thread at all. Read thread title and read first post. Bringing up players who have nothing to do with this discussion is doing your usual shipley/gerhart junk.

no actually the discussion was between aj green and dez bryant, but you did your usual and brought up a jordan shipley in this discussion (lol). the DISCUSSION was 2 wrs and their comparison. AJ Green is the best wr in the nation and it's easy by watching him. The rest of those names don't belong to be discussed in this thread at all.

Read thread title and read first post. That is the discussion. Bringing up players who have nothing to do with this discussion is doing your usual shipley/gerhart junk. Quick hijacking threads.

Ok...Dez Bryant way better than A.J. Green. Can't talk about any other receivers because its the off-season and there's so much else to talk about. Is that better? LOL. And why do you just bring up Shipley and Gerhart (who has not been mentioned in this thread by me or anyone else) when I have discussed Golden Tate, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Mike Hass, etc. Do you really think an entire thread just discussing Dez Bryant and A.J. Green would be that interesting. Like I have said, I hope Green lives up to his hype this year....I have nothing against him...seems like a nice kid (if he really wasn't at the party in Miami!)...but, my gosh, the hype on this kid is a bit much for a 55 catch receiver. I'll be the first pushing him for the Biletnikoff Award if he goes 100 catches and 1300 yards.

Depends on what aspect we're talking about.

For speed, athleticism, and route running skills, footwork and hands it's all AJ Green.

For strength, jump ball abilities and busting jam coverage/physicality, and body control in the air Dez Bryant is your man.

AJ is more of your prototypical wideout while Dez is a guy that's too tall to play RB and with his gargantuan hands, it makes him a freakish wideout with a knack for the position.

For your prototypical type guy, you want AJ Green. For your guy that wants a big physical wideout that's good against press coverage and can go get it in the endzone, I think Dez is your guy. Both are great wideouts, one seems a little more grounded than the other though.

getting back to what this thread is about i agree with you above except i think aj green jump ball ability is better than dez. also aj isn't a jr yet so i am looking forward to him being a bit bigger and even more physical. his stats won't be eye popping due to having a redshirt freshman throwing the ball so we will be very run heavy this year, but when he is thrown the ball he will produce for us. If we didn't have AJ Green we would have been 5-7 last year. Great to see him also block a field goal and then make the big catch to set us up for the win against arizona state last year.