Greg Romeus

hawkeye

University of Pittsburgh star defensive end Greg Romeus attended San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore's South Beach party in May, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

Romeus is from nearby Coral Springs, Fla., so it's plausible that the NFL draft prospect could have arranged for his own transportation to the pool party at Gore's residence.

We're told that Romeus is prepared for any inquiries about how he came to be at the party.

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Romeus is a preseason All-American candidate who shared Big East Conference Defensive Player of the Year honors last season and was named first-team all-conference.

Last season, Romeus recorded 43 tackles 11 1/2 for losses, eight sacks, an interception, fumble recovery, three forced fumbles and a blocked extra point.

Two seasons ago, he posted 7 1/2 sacks, 51 tackles, 15 1/2 for losses, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and three blocked extra points.

Meanwhile, several sources close to the situation have told us that, despite rumors to the contrary, Clemson defensive back Deandre McDaniel didn't attend the infamous South Beach party and can prove that he wasn't in Miami at the time of the party.

We've heard similar information about Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green, who has been adamant that he was with his family in Summerville, S.C., at the time of the party.

Several other top NFL draft prospects did attend the party, including North Carolina defensive tackle Marvin Austin, Alabama defensive end Marcell Dareus, South Carolina tight end Weslye Saunders.

And the NCAA is investigating whether financial advisers, agents, runners and managers paid for a series of trips to Florida.

Gore told the Sports Business Journal that he paid for his own party

"I don’t even know those guys," Gore said. "There were a lot of people there; it was crazy. I paid for my own party."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Greg-Romeus-attended-Frank-Gores-South-Beach-party.html

I just hope Romeus doesn't get in any trouble b/c I really would like to get him 1st rd. If not him I will gladly

take D. Love.

If he went I wouldn't cross him off our list. It isn't like he lied like Bryant or took money like Bush. He just made a bad decision in attending a party that looked harmless. Doubt that he gets suspended though seeing as he is from where the party was held. Can't fault him for wanting to go to the biggest party in town can you?