Bucs Steal Falcons "Rise Up" Idea

Guest Gritz

Guest Gritz

Mel Gibson stars in Buccaneers' ad

July, 23, 2010

By Pat Yasinskas

I thought Josh Freeman was the face of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last year and would keep that role for the next decade or so.

But that’s been interrupted, temporarily. Very shortly, television viewers in the Tampa market are going to be seeing a new face of the Buccaneers. It’s actor Mel Gibson. He has no ties to the Tampa area, but since his career is over and the Bucs aren't doing anything either he has filmed a commercial to go with the team’s “****ed Up’’ advertising campaign.

"I don't know anything about this team. I was told by my agent that there weren't any minorities on the team. That's why I agreed to film it," Gibson said. "Imagine my surprise when I met their coach. Let's face it....My career is over. This is the only team that would even talk to me.”

The commercial will begin airing on Tampa television Monday. But I just watched and it’s very disturbing. At one point Gibson drunkenly turns around and starts yelling racial slurs at different minorities in the choir..

Gibson’s basic message is that the Bucs have spent most of their existence “screwing up’’ and now it’s time to go ahead and just admit that their whole organization is just plain "****ed Up. Gibson did his part. Now, it’s up to Freeman and his teammates to go out and show how ****ed up this team really is..

bucsriseupgibson2.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mel Gibson stars in Buccaneers' ad

July, 23, 2010

By Pat Yasinskas

I thought Josh Freeman was the face of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last year and would keep that role for the next decade or so.

But that’s been interrupted, temporarily. Very shortly, television viewers in the Tampa market are going to be seeing a new face of the Buccaneers. It’s actor Mel Gibson. He has no ties to the Tampa area, but since his career is over and the Bucs aren't doing anything either he has filmed a commercial to go with the team’s “****ed Up’’ advertising campaign.

"I don't know anything about this team. I was told by my agent that there weren't any minorities on the team. That's why I agreed to film it," Gibson said. "Imagine my surprise when I met their coach. Let's face it....My career is over. This is the only team that would even talk to me.”

The commercial will begin airing on Tampa television Monday. But I just watched and it’s very disturbing. At one point Gibson drunkenly turns around and starts yelling racial slurs at different minorities in the choir..

Gibson’s basic message is that the Bucs have spent most of their existence “screwing up’’ and now it’s time to go ahead and just admit that their whole organization is just plain "****ed Up. Gibson did his part. Now, it’s up to Freeman and his teammates to go out and show how ****ed up this team really is..

bucsriseupgibson.jpg

Exceedingly quick, Gritblitzer! Probably accurate, as well, as our NFC South opponents scramble to save face!!!!

Guest Gritz

Funny stuff Gritz lol....+1

Bucmans Post in 3...2..1.....

Yeah, I was thinking that he might grace us with his presence in this thread at some point... :lol: