Anderson under pressure

vel

Up to this point in his NFL tenure, Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman Jamaal Anderson has not played up to the expectations that were a by-product of his high draft position (No. 8 overall in 2007). After two seasons at DE, he had just two QB sacks, so in 2009, the Falcons shifted him inside to see how he would pan out at DT; he finished the season with 27 total tackles and 0.5 sacks.

On Tuesday, ESPN.com NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas provided three random thoughts as the starting dates for training camps approach. Per Yasinskas, the Falcons may shuffle Anderson back and forth between DE and DT again this season. Then again, he also writes that if Anderson "doesn't show something in the preseason, I'm thinking the Falcons may not even keep him on their opening-day roster."

That would be quite a precipitous fall for a former top draft pick, so the heat is certainly on for Anderson when training camp practices commence on July 30.

Not much to the Article

LMAO Tandy sheesh!! Lol I am at work and when I see something new it is just something new to read sometimes. Lol I knew it was going to be ******** but maybe they coulda had a new quote from JA98 or something

The only reason I am an insider is because of my subscription to ESPN the magazine.

ESPN sucks. I signed up for their magazine for a year and they only sent me 4 issues for the entire year even though I contacted them several times to let them know. I was very civil in my correspondence and it changed nothing.

Renewal time came around after a year and I called to cancel because they automatically charged me my credit card for another year. When I talked to the representative to cancel, the dumbass I was talking to could not comprehend why I was irate and had the balls to say "So you are sure you don't want another year"? I said "Of what? Paying for a magazine I am not going to get? You must be out of your **** f'n mind".

Needless to say the ESPN representative was ready to get off the phone with me at that point. I made him suffer about 5 minutes more with an ugly tirade that would have made a sailor red faced.

Not much to the Article

How is it that you always have posted on these JA98 threads long before I've even seen them? Do you have an alert or something that beeps you with posts with "JA98" in the thread title or something? LOL

On the JA98 topic itself, I have no comment.

Not much of an article but in all fairness there isn't really much to write about Anderson. Unless some writer wants to do a complete workup on the anatomy of a bust (doubtful with the AJC) and actually do some journalism talking to people as to what Anderson's problems are and why he hasn't transferred his college success to the pros, there's not much to write. Anderson has become a footnote in articles about recent top ten draft busts and the fodder of message board discussions.

Former top picks who are now marginal players and who are overshadowed by bigger busts (cough russel cough) just don't draw much interest. We wont hear any real news about Anderson until something changes. Until he loses his roster spot.

:blink: :huh:

Oh God....i think the boards are crashing.... ;)

I stopped commenting on the JA98 threads and am just waiting for it toplay out in camp, waiting to see what other players and officials say about him. Everything that can be said has been said, and this espn insider thing is just a regurgitation of what Pat Yasinkas has been speculating and others have been propagating as fact all offseason.

I say, let the games begin! I still have no idea if he will be cut or how much he'll play, all I know is he is still here and that contradicts what many speculated at this same time last year.

Chuck Smith says JA98 will have another "breakout" season!!!

Wonder who's speculation was more accurate....your speculation that JA98 would be cut from the team by this offseason which never happened, or Chuck Smith stating he was going to have a breakout year?

Chuck's opinion was more accurate than yours, simply because yours is already proved wrong, and many here did notice JA98 start to break out the last 3 or 4 games he played as can be backed up as fact by game day threads with scores of posters previously highly critical of JA98 stating they were wrong about himand pointing to the fact he was starting to play much better?

All this insider information is just silly - 99% of it is just them reading AJC then reporting on it. How insider is that?!

I know!! Iknow!!!

it seems like all the reporters across the counrty does this with the falcons.

I just laugh at the reporting.

They never mention the stuff that fans know to be a fact. Its hilarious.

when they talk about a DE stepping up this season they talk about sidbury and rarely mention the obvious..... Beirman!!!