How many hurries did JA55 have in 2009?

TdotFalcon

The only source I know of for this info is Pro Football Focus. Abraham was second to only Dwight Freeney in QB Pressures out of all 4-3 DE's with 39. This tells me, just as I observed, Abe was getting around the corner as usual with that crazy lean of his but the QB steps up in the pocket because there was little pressue there.

The only source I know of for this info is Pro Football Focus. Abraham was second to only Dwight Freeney in QB Pressures out of all 4-3 DE's with 39. This tells me, just as I observed, Abe was getting around the corner as usual with that crazy lean of his but the QB steps up in the pocket because there was little pressue there.

Yeah, Jared Allen had 45 hurries compared to Ja55's 39. But had 16 sacks because of better pressure from their D-line.

Edited by FalconinPA

Pressures was 39 which obviously shows he hasn't slowed. That is why we didn't panic to get Abe's replacement this year. He obviously has plenty in the tank it's just our DTs couldn't push the pocket (hence drafting Peters in the 3rd). With Babs/Jerry/Peters getting good push on the pocket on passing downs and Biermann on the other side bringing pressure, we could see a resurgence in our defense

To have a dynamic 4-3 defense you must have at least 2 people who can get after the QB every down. We only have one in JA55 but I think that our defensive front has been getting progressively better and hopefully with the addition of Peters to the depth we can get some good push in the middle and maybe Kroy or Sid really steps it up this year and we have two head-hunting DE's on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

To have a dynamic 4-3 defense you must have at least 2 people who can get after the QB every down. We only have one in JA55 but I think that our defensive front has been getting progressively better and hopefully with the addition of Peters to the depth we can get some good push in the middle and maybe Kroy or Sid really steps it up this year and we have two head-hunting DE's on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I'm really hoping/praying/thinking Bierman steps up to become that second one.