2010 FALCON SAFETIES

Coleman was the Falcons’ best DB in 2008 playing free safety.

As a strong safety in 2009, Coleman was solid but less effective.

With DeCoud securing the free safety position with an excellent year (Falcons’ Defensive MVP), Coleman will battle Moore for the starting strong safety position in 2010.

Moore was considered a top ten pick his junior year but fell in the draft due to an injury-plagued senior campaign.

For the first time since that junior year Moore is 100% healthy.

Moore has the ball skills of a CB, but can also play like another linebacker in the box.

He has been compared to a young Lawyer Milloy on steroids, and can be an intimidating presence with physical play and the ability to lay the hammer down.

Moore should unseat Coleman fairly early in the season ... with Coleman backing up both safety positions.

And with depth even behind this cross-trained trifecta of safeties, the Falcons safety corps should be a strength in 2010.

Our safeties need to work on not getting beat. They can do everything else but we just get beat so often. I look for our secondary to be completely refreshed this year tho. I think with the addition of the new secondary coach and Robinson. We got that boost of confidence we are going to need. Plus I hear that the new secondary coach really knows his stuff.

Our safeties need to work on not getting beat. They can do everything else but we just get beat so often. I look for our secondary to be completely refreshed this year tho. I think with the addition of the new secondary coach and Robinson. We got that boost of confidence we are going to need. Plus I hear that the new secondary coach really knows his stuff.

I think the hiring of Lewis was the #1 addition to the secondary. Dunta's good but that only upgrades one spot. Lewis can make every spot in the secondary better.

Emmitt was a good man and coach but I think the NFL passed him by, I mean our secondary was playing worse in their second and third years than they were in their first year. It was clear they weren't getting much better.

This year with Dunta, Moore, and a more experienced Owens and DeCoud along with a fresh, young coach we should be very good.