where's the racism?

seriously. I know it exists but it is nowhere near as bad as people on both sides want you to believe. Especially the people who make their money keeping it alive. Seriously, every day I see white people and black people interacting and laughing together, hugging each other, eating together, holding doors for each other, etc.. When I am alone with white people, they don't just suddenly start dropping the N bombs and I assume black people aren't huddled up damning white people. I just think most average people are over it and the ones who cling to it are just old and stubborn. And in this competitive world, someone who is ignorant enough to give a job to someone less skilled than another person more skilled because of race really won't succeed in the long run.

I agree theres much more a problem between the classes than the races.

Racism isn't a thing of the past. I see it everyday. People assume that because I have a shaved head, tats and such that I must be some cookie-cutter Georgia boy that hates other colors. I can't count how many times people have been near me and start their gossip talk and start making racist comments. Just Monday, a person of authority in my night class was talking to me about a job in Texas, when he made the comment that Texas is great because all of the blacks and Mexicans stay away from whites. Blatantly expressing his love for segregation.

Don't tell me everyone is hugging and it's all good. Most of the people that I see with their second face on making those comments act so friendly to those they hate. Meanwhile, I know that those on every side do the same thing.

Racism has not diminished at all. The only change is that it isn't as mainstream. It's more secretive and sinister, IMO. I can at least respect someone who stands up and shouts what they believe in regardless of the person, but to be a two faced little sh#t is where the problem is. "But my best friend is black!"

But I enjoy the look on the faces of those who assume I'm typical when I tell them that for a small portion of my life, I was raised by a black woman. I see no hugs between races, only snakes in the grass.

Edited by Mojo Risin

Racism isn't a thing of the past. I see it everyday. People assume that because I have a shaved head, tats and such that I must be some cookie-cutter Georgia boy that hates other colors. I can't count how many times people have been near me and start their gossip talk and start making racist comments. Just Monday, a person of authority in my night class was talking to me about a job in Texas, when he made the comment that Texas is great because all of the blacks and Mexicans stay away from whites. Blatantly expressing his love for segregation.

Don't tell me everyone is hugging and it's all good. Most of the people that I see with their second face on making those comments act so friendly to those they hate. Meanwhile, I know that those on every side do the same thing.

Racism has not diminished at all. The only change is that it isn't as mainstream. It's more secretive and sinister, IMO. I can at least respect someone who stands up and shouts what they believe in regardless of the person, but to be a two faced little sh#t is where the problem is. "But my best friend is black!"

But I enjoy the look on the faces of those who assume I'm typical when I tell them that for a small portion of my life, I was raised by a black woman. I see no hugs between races, only snakes in the grass.

tough being the Mojo? :(

I have been called a N 127 times by little kids on Xbox just today alone. "Hey guys lets beat them.... Oh its a N go back to Africa N and 30,000 N jokes <_< " I wish I could slap some sense into them or hope their parents catch them and beat the crap out of them but in reality their parents are probably in the room laughing :blink:

seriously. I know it exists but it is nowhere near as bad as people on both sides want you to believe. Especially the people who make their money keeping it alive. Seriously, every day I see white people and black people interacting and laughing together, hugging each other, eating together, holding doors for each other, etc.. When I am alone with white people, they don't just suddenly start dropping the N bombs and I assume black people aren't huddled up damning white people. I just think most average people are over it and the ones who cling to it are just old and stubborn. And in this competitive world, someone who is ignorant enough to give a job to someone less skilled than another person more skilled because of race really won't succeed in the long run. I agree theres much more a problem between the classes than the races.

The racism is in the parents of the children.

If you parents teach the right principles racism will vanish. Trust me.

Teach your kids this:

There are only two kinds of people.

GOOD people and BAD People.

That's it folks.

I don't care if they are white, black, brown, blue, orange, Martian.

Don't matter.

The sooner we realize this the better off we all will be.

Teach your kids this:

That's it folks.

Don't matter.

This is what I was taught growing up.

I have been called a N 127 times by little kids on Xbox just today alone. "Hey guys lets beat them.... Oh its a N go back to Africa N and 30,000 N jokes <_< " I wish I could slap some sense into them or hope their parents catch them and beat the crap out of them but in reality their parents are probably in the room laughing :blink:

If my two degrees in history have taught me anything it is that people hide behind the internet and say things they would never say in real life because they know what the consequences would be.

It's better, but not gone. That's why people are still shocked when they see some of the images at the TEA party rallies that have made their way onto the news. It's supposed to be kept hush-hush, but people are now emboldened to let it out. Personally, I think there's a chunk of the population that is not unhappy, but INCENSED that we have a black president. (Please note: I did not say all of Obama's opponents are racist, so don't take me out of context.)

I'm sure that if you could dig into the psyche of most Americans, they have attitudes against other races and cultures that they may not be aware of. ****, you have black people and Asians that have negative opinions about others of their own races because they are embarrassed that someone "like them" did something that they consider shameful and they stereotype their shame on their entire race. If these people can exist, how can there not be people of other races that are equally ignorant in terms of race?

I've been called the N-word in Ohio and Virginia, though not in the last 25 years or so, so that shows it's not necessarily a regional thing. It's always been at a time when it would be against my physical well-being to respond or confront the idiot calling me the name. I have never called a white, red, yellow, or brown person a negative name, so I didn't return the hate that was directed at me.

I'm pretty sure I've suffered employment discrimination as well. To be honest, I'm pissed off about it, but they did me a favor because I wouldn't want to work for a company that had that as part of its culture. That doesn't make it right, though because somebody else might be qualified and want or need the job that's unreasonably out of their reach.

Finally, I've been threatened by black people in otherwise non-tense situations for next to nothing. I've been helped by white people that have nothing to gain from helping me. In the final analysis, there are idiots and there are decent, human beings that (more than likely) harbor feelings of prejudice against others, sometimes not realizing why. Racism exists and it will exist for as long as any of us are alive. That being said, relations have never been better in this country and I believe things will continue to improve, although not without a fight.

Teach your kids this:

That's it folks.

Don't matter.

Can't do it man. i draw the line at blue. Martians are okay, though, as long as they stick to their kind.

Teach your kids this:

That's it folks.

Don't matter.

Truth. Too bad that wasn't drilled into my head from my parents when I was growing up. It was(still is) a lot of race issues with them. The good people, bad people thing is what I follow, and I have been for only the last few years now. I'm glad I realized while I'm still relatively young. Good post FFS1970

:lol: the XBox/PS3 thing is so true. I'm called the N-word constantly, and I am INSANELY-caucasian. I think this next generation of Americans is going to be the most racist generation in 40 years.

I dunno man, I'm probably the whitest dude you'll ever meet. I make Mr. Rogers look like Jay-Z.

seriously. I know it exists but it is nowhere near as bad as people on both sides want you to believe. Especially the people who make their money keeping it alive. Seriously, every day I see white people and black people interacting and laughing together, hugging each other, eating together, holding doors for each other, etc.. When I am alone with white people, they don't just suddenly start dropping the N bombs and I assume black people aren't huddled up damning white people. I just think most average people are over it and the ones who cling to it are just old and stubborn. And in this competitive world, someone who is ignorant enough to give a job to someone less skilled than another person more skilled because of race really won't succeed in the long run.

I agree theres much more a problem between the classes than the races.

Thats because we want peace.

what? A degree in history taught you that? That history teacher owes you some money back, man.

Trust me I'm tempted to now start any post I make that offers an opinion with "If my two degrees in history have taught me anything..." and see if that catches on as THE cool sarcastic thing use on this board. I already have one notch on my sarcasm belt with "never heard of her" can I make it TWO notches? ^_^

Trust me I'm tempted to now start any post I make that offers an opinion with "If my two degrees in history have taught me anything..." and see if that catches on as THE cool sarcastic thing use on this board. I already have one notch on my sarcasm belt with "never heard of her" can I make it TWO notches? ^_^

Nah, The whole Brooking LOVE thing kills it. ^_^