Bullies who's victims commit suicide

Zodiac

23 members have voted

1. 1. If thier is clear evidence that the Bully played a decisive factor in the persons choice to commit suicide should they be brought up on Murder Charges?

Good question, but it depends on how old the bully is.

Yea maybe like somone under 10 I could see them get by with it, but teenage bullies I think should definetly be pressed with murder charges, if thier victim commits suicide.

Edit: Ive been around teenage bullies, and they just honestly dont do it to get laughs or attention they just do it to be an *******, or try to prove that they're better than other person. Most of it is just real hateful ****.

Edited by Zodiac

No, they shouldn't be charged with murder. That's seems silly.

Ask the parents of the victims if it seems silly. I mean they obviously play a physcological affect on the victim. To the point where it plays a major influence on if they take thier life or not.

Besides I think if a bully got carted off for life because of the victims commited suicide would serve in the greater purpose to completely discourage bullying.

Ask the parents of the victims if it seems silly. I mean they obviously play a physcological affect on the victim. To the point where it plays a major influence on if they take thier life or not.

Besides I think if a bully got carted off for life because of the victims commited suicide would serve in the greater purpose to completely discourage bullying.

Bullying is terrible, I am not trying to undermine that fact. But it isn't the same as killing another person.

Bullying is terrible, I am not trying to undermine that fact. But it isn't the same as killing another person.

Yes but if you look at the different charges of murder, 2nd Degree is described as this.

the state of mind (mens rea) of intentional, purposeful, malicious, premeditated, and/or wanton.

Why it would be hard to prove that it is premeditated or purposeful, IE its what the Bully wanted them to do. You can certainly descrbe actions in these cases as Malicious and Wanton.

Suicide is not considered murder in most societies. Assisting a suicide, however, may be considered murder in some circumstances.

You could certainly argue that the Bully is "assisting them in suicide", by the fact that thier actions pushed the person to kill themselves.

There's nothing new about bullies existing. Tired of being bullied? Beat the crap out of one or at least stand up to one and you'll get left alone. Trust me, I speak from experience...

+1

That's what I had to do. I wasnt a big kid, and since my mother raised the seven of us on her own, we never had much money to get nice clothes. Got picked on and beaten up almost daily for years until I stood up to my bully and beat the crap out of him. They will never stop until you make them stop.

There's nothing new about bullies existing. Tired of being bullied? Beat the crap out of one or at least stand up to one and you'll get left alone. Trust me, I speak from experience...

This isn't about combating bullies or getting rid of them, while that does work. Some bullies do pick victims who they know can't win against them in fight, or if they just intimidate tem to the point where they're afraid to stand up.

This isn't about combating bullies or getting rid of them, while that does work. Some bullies do pick victims who they know can't win against them in fight, or if they just intimidate tem to the point where they're afraid to stand up.

Whole survival of the fittest thing I guess. All it took for me was ramming one of their heads into a wall and the bullying amazingly stopped.

I can't see lawsuits for stuff like that. I'd probably countersue for the victim's parents not teaching their kids how not to be a puss...

I would think so, however that would depend on the severity of the bullying and if a direct correlation could be found that connects said bullying to the suicide.

If you can't prove that, then I don't see how a conviction could come of it.

Basically what the topic says, I personally would say yes as I think Bullies get off to easy with just harassment charges.

I agree and said yes, but the problem is and how a lawyer would just get it shot down down to harassment would be, free will. Theres nothing preventing the the person being bullied to delete their facebook page, get their phone number changed or just not going to the same place thats causing them grief. Theres so many way especially with electronics how to circumvent people like that and to BUST THEM. I ts just sad why kids don't talk to people to find out how to turn the tables on people like that. ;)

I'm in I.T. and if I had kids and they we're being bullied I would have a field day screwing with the bullies and getting them thrown in jail. :P

Edited by nativefalcon

I agree and said yes, but the problem is and how a lawyer would just get it shot down down to harassment would be, free will. Theres nothing preventing the the person being bullied to delete their facebook page, get their phone number changed or just not going to the same place thats causing them grief. Theres so many way especially with electronics how to circumvent people like that and to BUST THEM. I ts just sad why kids don't talk to people to find out how to turn the tables on people like that. ;)

I'm in I.T. and if I had kids and they we're being bullied I would have a field day screwing with the bullies and getting them thrown in jail. :P

If I had kids that were being bullied. I'd catch the bully picking on my kid than kick the living **** out of him.

Whole survival of the fittest thing I guess. All it took for me was ramming one of their heads into a wall and the bullying amazingly stopped.

I can't see lawsuits for stuff like that. I'd probably countersue for the victim's parents not teaching their kids how not to be a puss...

Exactly. Bullies NEVER pick on someone that fights back, i busted the first one who picked on me in highschool and it was smooth sailing after that.

No. If you do that, then do you make boyfriends/girlfriends or husbands/wives culpable if the significant other kills themselves because the other one left them? It would be the same reason.

It is a slippery slope. And I hate to say it, but I believe that if someone is going to kill themselves, they probably would have done it anyway.

If it could be proven that the bullying lead to the suicide then the bully should face charges more severe than harrassment. Maybe not murder, but manslaughter charges should certainly be considered. Also, the older the bully, or bullies are, then the worse the punishment should be. But I'm not a huge fan of prosecutors who charge young teens as adults either.