25. Cardinals

26. Raiders

27. Chiefs

28. Patriots

29. Dolphins

30. Lions

31. Rams

32. Giants

yoU might want to tell your homeboy to reevaluate some of these rankings before posting them. The Jaguars LB core is not worthy of being ranked that High. What are these rankings based on? What factors are used to determine how strong/weak a LB core is. Please get this info from your buddy so that I can get a better understanding of what these rankings are based off of, because basicially my assumption is that these rankings are based off of Madden Ratings and taking the sum of the ratings of that position and getting an average and putting the averages in ranking order. I know you are only posting information but it is kind of hard to follow if we dont know what is involved in determining these rankings.

Remember in Math the teacher always told you to show your work and not just put the answer.

yoU might want to tell your homeboy to reevaluate some of these rankings before posting them. The Jaguars LB core is not worthy of being ranked that High. What are these rankings based on? What factors are used to determine how strong/weak a LB core is. Please get this info from your buddy so that I can get a better understanding of what these rankings are based off of, because basicially my assumption is that these rankings are based off of Madden Ratings and taking the sum of the ratings of that position and getting an average and putting the averages in ranking order. I know you are only posting information but it is kind of hard to follow if we dont know what is involved in determining these rankings.

Remember in Math the teacher always told you to show your work and not just put the answer.

Why is everything madden with you? lol. I talked to my friend and basically he lists out the projected starters and decides which units are the most solid. So it is sort of like you said, minus a video game, minus ratings at all.

Also, I personally talked to him about the Jags because I found that a bit odd. In a nut shell, he blames the lack of run defense on their front 4. When you think about it, Durant, Smith, and Morrison is a pretty nasty combo. Morrison has been getting no love this offseason, but why? He was a great linebacker in Oakland. Still played great last year, and now that he has moved cities people treat him like he is second rate. Durant I think is a little over rated to my friend but Smith is pretty darn good and is only really a step below Lofton.

As far as the falcons go, Nicholas and Weatherspoon will probably have similar productivity this year being that Spoon is just a rookie. So either way he went on that, I don't think it would change much.

Edited by FinneranForever

Why is everything madden with you? lol. I talked to my friend and basically he lists out the projected starters and decides which units are the most solid. So it is sort of like you said, minus a video game, minus ratings at all.

Also, I personally talked to him about the Jags because I found that a bit odd. In a nut shell, he blames the lack of run defense on their front 4. When you think about it, Durant, Smith, and Morrison is a pretty nasty combo. Morrison has been getting no love this offseason, but why? He was a great linebacker in Oakland. Still played great last year, and now that he has moved cities people treat him like he is second rate. Durant I think is a little over rated to my friend but Smith is pretty darn good and is only really a step below Lofton.

It sounds like your friend my be some type of writer or is aspiring to be one, and most Writers/analysts that come out with Rankings usually put why they have teams ranked the way they do and how they came up with the rankings.

Bears #3? again based of what reputation?

Well, with Urlacher and Tinoisamoa returning from injury and Lance Briggs on the line - I think they should be ranked fairly high. Roach and Hillenmeyer are not the same level talent - but both are also very good.

I don't know if it's number 3 - but the Bears linebacking corp is an extremely talented group when healthy.

Dude Urlacher hasn't had an impact year in two years and Hillenmeyer has only had one decent year playing for Urlacher one will be on the bench. Briggs is ok but nothing to brag about. Like I said reputation!

Urlacher only played one game last year, so nobody can really judge that season for him.

The year before that was very weak I admit but that is just one bad year, not two.

So he had one bad year? He's not an elite guy anymore but he is still a very good linebacker and the production of his career gives off no signs that it was more than just one off year. The guy is still a possible pro bowler.

Briggs is better than good. He is still a pro bowl talented guy.

And Hillenmeyer is mr. under rated. 90 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and an interception in just 14 games. And it wasn't just one good year. He has had some solid seasons (minus a few) since 2004.

Urlacher is back healthy.

And 32 point? This is what I don't understand some many people are quick to question our player when they have one down year and getting a little long in the two. But other teams player who have had a good year in two years coming off of injuries we want to rank them #3? I would much rather take our LB corp over the Bears and that is no homer pick yet we are ranked #16?

C'mon on people really......

Lofton=Urlacher

Peterson, Nicholas, Weatherspoon >>>>>>>> Briggs and any other LB on their team

It sounds like your friend my be some type of writer or is aspiring to be one, and most Writers/analysts that come out with Rankings usually put why they have teams ranked the way they do and how they came up with the rankings.

He is going to have the writing part on the actual site, but he hasn't finished that yet and probably won't for another month so I can't really post that.

And 32 point? This is what I don't understand some many people are quick to question our player when they have one down year and getting a little long in the two. But other teams player who have had a good year in two years coming off of injuries we want to rank them #3? I would much rather take our LB corp over the Bears and that is no homer pick yet we are ranked #16?

Lofton=Urlacher

Lofton got a long way to go to be in the same class as Urlacher ....Loftons a tackling machine, but Urlacher is a game changer and a play maker ....that is what Lofton is aspiring to ...maybe this year he breaks out huge .....

Urlacher only played one game last year, so nobody can really judge that season for him.

The year before that was very weak I admit but that is just one bad year, not two.

So he had one bad year? He's not an elite guy anymore but he is still a very good linebacker and the production of his career gives off no signs that it was more than just one off year. The guy is still a possible pro bowler.

Briggs is better than good. He is still a pro bowl talented guy.

And Hillenmeyer is mr. under rated. 90 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and an interception in just 14 games. And it wasn't just one good year. He has had some solid seasons (minus a few) since 2004.

I said he hasn't had an impact year in two years which is different from having two bad years.

C'mon Hillenmeyer........name one other team he could possible start for look at his career dude 90 tackles is the best year he has/will ever have.

Edited by head busta from augusta

Lofton got a long way to go to be in the same class as Urlacher ....Loftons a tackling machine, but Urlacher is a game changer and a play maker ....that is what Lofton is aspiring to ...maybe this year he breaks out huge .....

Right now who would you rather have? 32 year coming off of serious injury or a 3rd year stud who is getting better by the day! You guys are looking at history versus the now!

If this guy has the Packers LBers ranked 17, and below us, he has no credibility whatsoever ......

Part of the problem here is that it is just hard to compare 3-4 linebacker units to 4-3 linebacker units.

First of all, 3-4 linebacker units have more responsibility as they have to make up for a 3 defensive line front so I am sure that goes into consideration.

AJ Hawk: hasn't been to impressive the last couple of years. He is definitely a good linebacker, but not better than Lofton or Peterson. 89 tackles last year. Normally that is not bad, but a 3-4 ILB probably average almost 2 more tackles a game than a 4-3 ILB. 3-4 ILBs naturally get more opportunities to become tackling machines. So when you look at it that way, Hawk did not really play that great.

Nick Barnett is probably in my opinion the packers best linebacker and he is just slightly above Lofton.

Matthews had one good year. Doesn't mean he is as great as people say. He is a great pass rusher (10 sacks) but just because 3-4 linebackers are great pass rushers does not mean they are great linebackers. Matthews is fantastic for where he is at in his career, but honestly I would offset him with Peterson.

And on the other OLB spot, who starts? Jones? Chillar? Poppinga? Bishop. Whoever gets the start (in my opinion it will be jones), it will be one of the weakest spots on that defense.

Edited by FinneranForever

I said he hasn't had an impact year in two years which is different from having two bad years.

C'mon Hillenmeyer........name one other team he could possible start for look at his career dude 90 tackles is the best year he has/will ever have.

It isn't just the tackles, it is the 4 forced fumbles, and 2.5 sacks is okay for a 4-3 linebacker. The guy makes plays.

and okay i will:

Broncos

Cardinals

Chargers

Colts

Patriots

Ravens

Texans

Giants

Panthers

Saints

Lions

Rams

and explain to me why 90 tackles is the best year he will ever have? Is it just your instinct or do you have evidence on why that is true?

Part of the problem here is that it is just hard to compare 3-4 linebacker units to 4-3 linebacker units.

First of all, 3-4 linebacker units have more responsibility as they have to make up for a 3 defensive line front so I am sure that goes into consideration.

AJ Hawk: hasn't been to impressive the last couple of years. He is definitely a good linebacker, but not better than Lofton or Peterson. 89 tackles last year. Normally that is not bad, but a 3-4 ILB probably average almost 2 more tackles a game than a 4-3 ILB. 3-4 ILBs naturally get more opportunities to become tackling machines. So when you look at it that way, Hawk did not really play that great.

Nick Barnett is probably in my opinion the packers best linebacker and he is just slightly above Lofton.

Matthews had one good year. Doesn't mean he is as great as people say. He is a great pass rusher (10 sacks) but just because 3-4 linebackers are great pass rushers does not mean they are great linebackers. Matthews is fantastic for where he is at in his career, but honestly I would offset him with Peterson.

And on the other OLB spot, who starts? Jones? Chillar? Poppinga? Bishop. Whoever gets the start (in my opinion it will be jones), it will be one of the weakest spots on that defense.

Dude last year the Packers had the #1 rush defense, and 2nd best overall ......you think their LBers might have had something to do with that ?

Lofton=Urlacher

Those guys over Briggs? And you're not being a little bit of a homer?

Dude last year the Packers had the #1 rush defense, and 2nd best overall ......you think their LBers might have had something to do with that ?

They did have something to do with it! I didn't make this list and I don't agree with a lot of it. I'm just saying that they lost Kampman on that core and that Hawk and Matthews are a little over rated. And when you look at that core going into this season, they have a hole at the OLB spot which is probably why they dropped where they did (although personally I would only have that drop them to maybe #14 or so).

Those guys over Briggs? And you're not being a little bit of a homer?

Reread what I wrote I said I will take Peterson, Nicolas & Spoon as a unit over Briggs and any two other OLB. Briggs individually is better than any of our guys individually but as a collective group their is no comparison. It takes more than two people to make up a LB core especial if on is 32 coming off of serious injury.

Is this a 2010 ranking our career achievement ranking, I sorry fellas but people do get old and they do lose a step. The question you need to ask is who (as a collective group) will have more tackles, sacks, ints and play better against the run the Bears or the Falcons? If you can answer that question then you can smoke what I am on!

LOL .yea, and Lofton is better than Urlacher ..give me some of that sheet, cause it gotta be good .......

Lofton

Urlacher

What two years are you comparing to say right now Urlacher is better or are you looking at the history channel? Yes Urlacher has had a better career but if you was a GM of a team you telling me you would pick Urlacher 1st? Really.....

Boi Stop!