A book recommendation...

Isosceles

Not Without Hope

Nick Schuyler

and Jeré Longman

For those few posters who may not know the story:

Two NFL players, along with their personal trainer and his best friend, had their boat capsize on a fishing trip out in the Gulf of Mex. Only one person survived (Schuyler) and he detailed the events with the writing help of a N.Y. Timers writer (Longman). This all happened not very long ago.

I don't know anybody's literary tastes. For me, I wanted something truly gripping and engaging to read and this is it.

Tragic indeed (and there was controversy surrounding its publication). But I hope this doesn't turn into one of those threads criticizing everything and everybody. And I'm sure the topic of the event has been discussed before.

Joe

Not Without Hope

Nick Schuyler

and Jeré Longman

For those few posters who may not know the story:

Two NFL players, along with their personal trainer and his best friend, had their boat capsize on a fishing trip out in the Gulf of Mex. Only one person survived (Schuyler) and he detailed the events with the writing help of a N.Y. Timers writer (Longman). This all happened not very long ago.

I don't know anybody's literary tastes. For me, I wanted something truly gripping and engaging to read and this is it.

Tragic indeed (and there was controversy surrounding its publication). But I hope this doesn't turn into one of those threads criticizing everything and everybody. And I'm sure the topic of the event has been discussed before.

Joe

It's unfortunate that Longman has taken a lot of heat from the families of the other men for writing this book.