Matt Ryan Predictions

Falconsfan567

Yes. It is very possible. He threw for 3,440 yards in 2008. That's an average of 213 yards per game. He only played in 13 full games last year. He passed for 2901 yards in those 13 yards. That's an average of 223 yards per game. To get to 4,000 yards he would have to average 250 yards per game. That seems like a lot and a big jump up from 223. But here are a couple of reasons why I think that is possible.

The Falcons have already made it known that they intend to limit Michael Turner's carries this year. That means more chances for Jason Snelling and Jerious Norwood. Norwood is already hurt a lot and if he gets more touches than that means he be hurt that much more. Outside of the games against the Bills and Bucs to end the season Snelling wasn't that good starting in place of Turner last year.

That means to win games Matt Ryan will have to throw more and in year 3 I think the Falcons will open up the playbook more and take more shots down the field. So I don't think it's expecting to much to think that Ryan could pass for 4,000 yards this year.

We've heard a lot of promises over the years about who's going to get more/less carries. I hope they hold true to this one. Turner will be toast in a couple of years if we keep giving the amount of carries he's had. RBs have a short enough shelf life as it is.

Divide up 6-8 of his carries between Norwood and Snelling.

As far as Ryan goes, I hope they slowly give him the type of control that Manning has of the Colts offense. I'm not sold on Mularkey as a play caller and Ryan has shown the mind and dedication to studying the game that is required to take on such a role.

We've heard a lot of promises over the years about who's going to get more/less carries. I hope they hold true to this one. Turner will be toast in a couple of years if we keep giving the amount of carries he's had. RBs have a short enough shelf life as it is.

Divide up 6-8 of his carries between Norwood and Snelling.

As far as Ryan goes, I hope they slowly give him the type of control that Manning has of the Colts offense. I'm not sold on Mularkey as a play caller and Ryan has shown the mind and dedication to studying the game that is required to take on such a role.

I have been surprised at the amount of control over the offense they have given Ryan in his 2 years. There have been games when he does all the play calling and it's during those times that we've had the most success offensively.

Yes Mularkey has questionable play calling at times. I ******* hate the roll outs he likes to call down in the red zone because that greatly limits the chances of having a successful play if the defense plays it right. And then there was a game last year when Mularkey called for 3 straight reverses and I was screaming WTF? :angry:

I have been surprised at the amount of control over the offense they have given Ryan in his 2 years. There have been games when he does all the play calling and it's during those times that we've had the most success offensively.

Yes Mularkey has questionable play calling at times. I ******* hate the roll outs he likes to call down in the red zone because that greatly limits the chances of having a successful play if the defense plays it right. And then there was a game last year when Mularkey called for 3 straight reverses and I was screaming WTF? :angry:

It's funny how some games he looks like a genius (I'm using the term losely) and others he reminds me of Greg Knapp

And then there was a game last year when Mularkey called for 3 straight reverses and I was screaming WTF? :angry:

IN THE NFL, IF IT DON'T WORK .... IT DON'T WORK. WHY PUSH THE ENVELOPE?

WHAT YOU SEE TOO MUCH IN THE NFL IS TEAMS GETTING AWAY FROM WHAT DOES WORK.

WHY GET AWAY FROM WHAT IS WORKING? UNTIL THEY STOP IT ... RUN IT DOWN THEIR

THROATS. BUT MAKE'EM STOP IT FIRST. SOME COACHES SAY, "WE NEED A CHANGE OF

PACE."

CHANGE OF PACE IS ALRIGHT, IF YOU'RE LEADING BY 20. IF ITS A CLOSE

GAME, YOU MUST USE WHAT YOU KNOW THEY ARE WEAK AT. THEY CAN'T DEFEND THE

PASS ... THEN BOMB'EM. IF THEY CAN'T STOP THE RUN .... MAKE'EM HAVE A LONG

DAY. IF THEY CAN'T DO EITHER .... THE BLOWOUT IS UNDER WAY. BUT!! IF THEY

CAN SHUT DOWN YOUR RUN GAME ... DEFEND YOUR AERIAL ASSAULT ..... THEN !!

"I FEEL FOR YOU!"

IN THE NFL, IF IT DON'T WORK .... IT DON'T WORK. WHY PUSH THE ENVELOPE?

WHAT YOU SEE TOO MUCH IN THE NFL IS TEAMS GETTING AWAY FROM WHAT DOES WORK.

WHY GET AWAY FROM WHAT IS WORKING? UNTIL THEY STOP IT ... RUN IT DOWN THEIR

THROATS. BUT MAKE'EM STOP IT FIRST. SOME COACHES SAY, "WE NEED A CHANGE OF

PACE."

CHANGE OF PACE IS ALRIGHT, IF YOU'RE LEADING BY 20. IF ITS A CLOSE

GAME, YOU MUST USE WHAT YOU KNOW THEY ARE WEAK AT. THEY CAN'T DEFEND THE

PASS ... THEN BOMB'EM. IF THEY CAN'T STOP THE RUN .... MAKE'EM HAVE A LONG

DAY. IF THEY CAN'T DO EITHER .... THE BLOWOUT IS UNDER WAY. BUT!! IF THEY

CAN SHUT DOWN YOUR RUN GAME ... DEFEND YOUR AERIAL ASSAULT ..... THEN !!

"I FEEL FOR YOU!"

Yep.

If Ryan can do a better job of finding the underneath routes instead of chucking the ball away I think he will take the next step in his development as an elite QB. I think once he reaches that point, he will be able to call his own audibles.

However since we're a ball control offense, I don't think he'll post the type of numbers that Brees, Manning, or Brady throw up every game just because the lack snaps given to him. But I think he can consistently put up 250 yds a game which should put him into the 4000 yd per category for the season.

Not eye-popping but should be good enough to get this team a few championships.

If Ryan can do a better job of finding the underneath routes instead of chucking the ball away I think he will take the next step in his development as an elite QB. I think once he reaches that point, he will be able to call his own audibles.

However since we're a ball control offense, I don't think he'll post the type of numbers that Brees, Manning, or Brady throw up every game just because the lack snaps given to him. But I think he can consistently put up 250 yds a game which should put him into the 4000 yd per category for the season.

Not eye-popping but should be good enough to get this team a few championships.

Well Ryan said that when he was studying Manning and Brady and others that taking the dump off was what they did when they didn't have anything open down the field. That he will make that his main focal point for improvement this year.

And 250 yards per game is not a lot. That's only 125 yards per half. Easily attainable.