Mississippi school pays damages to lesbian teen over prom dispute

Joremarid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People find ways to sue.

i think the school set themselves up by making the ridiculous choices they did.

35k is more then this girl deserved but it isn't enough punishment to make a change i believe. probably should have held out for more and donated the money to an organization in support of glb.

i think the school set themselves up by making the ridiculous choices they did.

35k is more then this girl deserved but it isn't enough punishment to make a change i believe. probably should have held out for more and donated the money to an organization in support of glb.

Reason why I said this looks like a set up is because they knew the School reaction towards gays, they knew if she went to the prom with a tux and gets rejected, they have a winning case on their hands.

You can't trust nobody these days.

Reason why I said this looks like a set up is because they knew the School reaction towards gays, they knew if she went to the prom with a tux and gets rejected, they have a winning case on their hands.

You can't trust nobody these days.

the school was the one in the wrong here. they are the one's who responded inappropriately. they could have avoided this altogether if they did the right thing.

the school was the one in the wrong here. they are the one's who responded inappropriately. they could have avoided this altogether if they did the right thing.

Of course its in the wrong here, which is why I think the whole thing was a set up to get money. Her being gay just made her win 30k.

Of course its in the wrong here, which is why I think the whole thing was a set up to get money. Her being gay just made her win 30k.

no, it was the fact that they violated her first amendment rights and discriminated against her based on sexual orientation that made her win 35k.

no, it was the fact that they violated her first amendment rights and discriminated against her based on sexual orientation that made her win 35k.

Never disagreed with that but it still doesn't mean she didn't set up the school.

That's true, but she could pay for four years' tuition at Ole Miss or Miss. State or some of the other colleges for that.

Plus she now has a heck of a story to write in her personal statements. This school, through its public idiocy has sadly given this girl a leg up. I just hope she is strong enough to not have suffered any mental damage that will hold her back.

Oh, and people sue far too often this day. That doesn't mean this was a case where a suit was without merit.

Good for her. That school can pay for her college education and hopefully learn a lesson in the process.

Good the leg licker can get a BA in Cunnilingus. I hope that school district keeps up the high moral standards in the future just to piss fruity liberals like yourself off. Just because you choose to submit to the perverts doesn't mean everyone should.

Jeez,, will the effen right ever understand gay folk aren't making a choice. I didn't choose to like the cat woman (Julie Newmar) anymore than some future lesbian. I wish the NAACP would craft a resolution demanding the republitards banish their homophobes. Wait, that would be hypocritical too, nevermind, lol