Position battles

Aquietguy

What position battles on your team will be the most interesting?

For me, I have to say OLB and back up QB.

OLB- We lost Fujita this off season and I'm interested in this battle the most. I felt that OLB was the weakest position for us last season. I think we can be better with the signing of Clint Ingram and with a healthy Stanley Arnoux. I saw a little of Ingram on the NFL rewind games on the NFL network. He seems to be more athletic than what we had. Arnoux looked good before he was injured. Who will be our starting OLB's and will Shanley win a starting spot is the big question for me going into camp.

Back up QB- This will also be of interest to me. We had Daniel's. We drafted Canfield and are bringing in two UDFA's. Who will make the cut? Daniel's have a year on the others. Will that help him win the #2 spot? Should be interesting watching that battle.

I'll agree with OLB in New Orleans, but I'll add TE to the mix.

I am very high on the ability Jimmy Graham brings to the positional battle at TE. If Shockey is injured or slips at all, I believe Graham could quickly establish himself as the future at TE.

Graham's upside seems off the charts.

And in Carolina, the real battle will be at QB.

I'll agree with OLB in New Orleans, but I'll add TE to the mix.

I am very high on the ability Jimmy Graham brings to the positional battle at TE. If Shockey is injured or slips at all, I believe Graham could quickly establish himself as the future at TE.

Graham's upside seems off the charts.

And in Carolina, the real battle will be at QB.

Don't really see TE as a battle. We will be going into the season with Shockey, Thomas, and Gramham. I wonder how many 2 TE sets will we have this season.

Reciever isn't getting a lot of attention, but that should be a fun one to watch with the Saints. We all know Colston is one of the starters, but who will be his running mate? Devery? Meach? The forgetten man in New Orleans, Lance Moore? Will Adrian Arrington finally stay healthy and translate what he has shown on the practice field to real games (he was off to a great start two seasons ago)? Will cutting Roby last season just to have to resign him give him a spot?

The way Payton spreads things around and interchanges players you really don't have a #WR. It seems like they all play about the same when given the shot...

Finally, he gets it.

I think FS will b interesting to watch. People assume the job is Sharper's to lose, but apparently MJ is already pushing and Sharp's knee is still a big ?

Receiver is the obvious battle to watch. Brandon LaFell, Kennny Moore, and Armanti Edwards are fighting for two spots, plus Dexter Jackson, Moore and Edwards looking to return kicks and punts.

Backup quarterback is getting more and more interesting. Hunter Cantwell has every physical tool you could ask for--seriously, his arm is in the top 2% in the entire NFL--and has had to rebuild his motion to play in the NFL. After spending last year on the practice squad, he's moved past Clausen on the depth chart.

Right Cornerback is the most obvious. Williams, Grimes, Owens, Jackson, or Franks.

Linebacker will be the most interesting, with Spoon possibly dethroning Peterson or Nicholas at either side of OLB.

The 4th to 6th string Wide Receiver positions are still up in the air as well.