Study: US police fatalities increase 43 percent

Statick

I wonder if the economy is making crooks less fearful regarding the repercussions in taking a policeman's life? Whether that's an issue or not, I can't blame cops if they have to shoot first.

Study: US police fatalities increase 43 percent

By NAFEESA SYEED

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — A nonprofit group in Washington says the number of police officers who have died in the line of duty is up 43 percent so far this year.

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund released preliminary data Wednesday. It shows that 87 officers died in the line of duty between Jan. 1 and June 30. That's compared with 61 officers during the first six months of last year.

The deaths were spread across 36 states and Puerto Rico — with California, Texas and Florida showing the most fatalities. Other states included Virginia and Maryland, where a state trooper was fatally shot June 11.

Among the causes of death were traffic accidents and shootings. If the trend continues, 2010 could become one of the deadliest years for U.S. police agencies in two decades.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it is a little of both. Yes with this hopeless economy, more jobless civilians have nothing to lose and are willing to kill a Cop, but Cops are way overreacting and escalating the most petty of situations.

Swat teams are called out to domestic disputes now. Cops taser at will now, and justify it... because they say it is non-lethal. Its gotten pretty ridiculous.

If cops keep dying at this rate, Krispy Kreme will go out of business and that is NOT going to help this weak economy.

Thats hilarious....

Im Going to Ohio State...For criminoligy.... Someone breaks in your house and your families lives are threatend dotn bother calling the police. remember they are at krispy cream...

Oh wait Alof of cops give thier lives to save people every day. Doing thier job to pay the bills and keep order...

I love how willing people are to talk **** about police. But without them there is no order what-so-ever yea there are break ins yea crimes still happen but take them completely away and see how long you last.

I couldnt join the military because of past surguries. so i did the next best thign try to do a job that protects the people in my community and evne though i want to eventually be a detective or a junior probation officer being a cop is somethign i want to experiance.

Please dog the men and women who do protect and serve.

Peopel get **** right violent when you trash the military and i agree with that but cops are doing the same thing only in "home" territory.

Edited by Falconsken

Thats hilarious....

Im Going to Ohio State...For criminoligy.... Someone breaks in your house and your families lives are threatend dotn bother calling the police. remember they are at krispy cream...

Oh wait Alof of cops give thier lives to save people every day. Doing thier job to pay the bills and keep order...

I love how willing people are to talk **** about police. But without them there is no order what-so-ever yea there are break ins yea crimes still happen but take them completely away and see how long you last.

I couldnt join the military because of past surguries. so i did the next best thign try to do a job that protects the people in my community and evne though i want to eventually be a detective or a junior probation officer being a cop is somethign i want to experiance.

Please dog the men and women who do protect and serve.

Peopel get **** right violent when you trash the military and i agree with that but cops are doing the same thing only in "home" territory.

Cops are those guys that picked on everyone at school and realize that doesn't work in real life unless you have a badge and a gun.

But here, so there are no hard feelings...

Krispy_Kreme_Front_Page.jpg

Dang just look at that little dab of jelly poking out................

Cops are those guys that picked on everyone at school and realize that doesn't work in real life unless you have a badge and a gun.

But here, so there are no hard feelings...

Krispy_Kreme_Front_Page.jpg

Dang just look at that little dab of jelly poking out................

Really Now? Hate to think what you say about the men and women who are in the armed forces.

Lets see out of every cop that i know personaly i know that there is one that did get picked on and school... Me on the other hand? No not at all i looked out for people in high school never ran people down. You just must have an issue with following the law.

Keep up the krispy cream jokes. You must be one of the douch bags that yell and tlak **** abotu cops when they are at a distance but get all nervous and jittery when they are around? No? Then a problem with autority? See how that goes for you. its a shame people like you act that way. just makes the world a more difficult place to live.

Its funny that i said all that and that's the best response you have. Its a shame you are someone who likes to catagorize and group everyone together.

But without the cops just think of how yoru life would be... The cops are what help people sleep at night... Can you imagine worrying that theres nothing out there to stop people from breaking into your house murdering stealing or anything eles. Scary thought and if you say its not your just a keyboard ninja who thinks he's cool trying to get a laugh at the expense of people who keep you safe when you sleep at night.

Piece of **** if you ask me one of them thats not worth protecting cant be apprititive of what you have.

Ahhh a thought came to me.

You must be on the other side of the law or have been in that past that's your big issue with police.

Maybe your one of the type of people that think its oaky to steal and do what you want...

Last week in North Augusta SC at my grand-parents house my grandfather lef tthe house to go to my uncles house mid day about 3:30 pm my grandma was at work.

at about 4:30 in the afternoon Someone pulled up in thier driveway wearing a mask broke in through the back door middle of the day nice but populated neighboorhood. made off with two flatscreen T.V's 1000 in cash. All my grandmothers jewlery ( not just your basic jewlery but family heirlooms thigns passed down from her mother and grandmother and so forth.) MY grandpwas most prized guns one that his father passed down to him.

Mind you noone saw this in the middle of the day noone saw a thing noone in the neighboorhood would say they saw anything. Are you that type of person? Or are you the type that stole the items? Saw a elderyl couple and jsut took everything they could get thier greedy piece of **** hands on...

What's funny is the fact that they got everything back because one cop actually put forth the effort to find out who did it. HE happend to notice niether of my grandparents smoked and none of my family did and he found a cigarette butt in the driveway. he took it in for dna and found finger prints on my grandfathers money case.... The suspect had been finger printed before and was in the data base... They caught him raided the house found all my grandmas jewlery and the two guns with one of the t.vs.

Also a **** load of drugs.

ITs nice to knwo there are people that will do these thigns for you even if they are getting a paycheck they are going out of the way unlike some cops who just coem in take notes leave without even trying. But this is the reason most cops do become cops. Its the reason i want to be a cop... To make a difference. maybe help people and get rid of the ******** who think they are above the rest of everyone eles the ones who steal , beat thier wives, do drugs , make an unsafe enviroment for children... So how about you dotn judge next time *******.

Before we get more cop worship, let's look at a couple things. First, there are no good cops, they're all dirty in one way or another. Even the ones that don't commit perjury, don't steal, deny civil liberties, commit assault or steal, they know ones who do and don't report them.

Has anyone ever seen cops take a US citizen into custody? A US soldier an Iraqi civilian? Nuff said on that one.

Lastly, few cops join the force for such noble reasons as 'protecting' the public. The ones ive known join for the power they get to hold over others. In summation, the cops who don't directly commit crimes stand by idly while others do and cops treat unconvicted US citizens far worse than enemy combatants by our military.

Really Now? Hate to think what you say about the men and women who are in the armed forces.

Lets see out of every cop that i know personaly i know that there is one that did get picked on and school... Me on the other hand? No not at all i looked out for people in high school never ran people down. You just must have an issue with following the law.

Keep up the krispy cream jokes. You must be one of the douch bags that yell and tlak **** abotu cops when they are at a distance but get all nervous and jittery when they are around? No? Then a problem with autority? See how that goes for you. its a shame people like you act that way. just makes the world a more difficult place to live.

Its funny that i said all that and that's the best response you have. Its a shame you are someone who likes to catagorize and group everyone together.

But without the cops just think of how yoru life would be... The cops are what help people sleep at night... Can you imagine worrying that theres nothing out there to stop people from breaking into your house murdering stealing or anything eles. Scary thought and if you say its not your just a keyboard ninja who thinks he's cool trying to get a laugh at the expense of people who keep you safe when you sleep at night.

Piece of **** if you ask me one of them thats not worth protecting cant be apprititive of what you have.

Snak? Is that you? Is this what it's all ABT? Hope you don't have to write out many tickets there, Falc.

But I am 46 with NO criminl record. So I either pretty much obey the law or I am good at not obeying it. Whatever,I don't worship the boys in blue like you. Whaaa, tough job! Really, no one signed you up for it, porky.

Who is stopping my house from being broken into and me murdered? Cops? :lol: Last I checked they call the cops AFTER stuff has happened, not before. Then they're as likely to shoot my neighbor as the criminal who did it.

Don't get your jelly into such a quiver man. It's okay if you want to be a cop.every village needs a cop.

village_people.jpg

Ahhh a thought came to me.

You must be on the other side of the law or have been in that past that's your big issue with police.

Maybe your one of the type of people that think its oaky to steal and do what you want...

Last week in North Augusta SC at my grand-parents house my grandfather lef tthe house to go to my uncles house mid day about 3:30 pm my grandma was at work.

at about 4:30 in the afternoon Someone pulled up in thier driveway wearing a mask broke in through the back door middle of the day nice but populated neighboorhood. made off with two flatscreen T.V's 1000 in cash. All my grandmothers jewlery ( not just your basic jewlery but family heirlooms thigns passed down from her mother and grandmother and so forth.) MY grandpwas most prized guns one that his father passed down to him.

Mind you noone saw this in the middle of the day noone saw a thing noone in the neighboorhood would say they saw anything. Are you that type of person? Or are you the type that stole the items? Saw a elderyl couple and jsut took everything they could get thier greedy piece of **** hands on...

What's funny is the fact that they got everything back because one cop actually put forth the effort to find out who did it. HE happend to notice niether of my grandparents smoked and none of my family did and he found a cigarette butt in the driveway. he took it in for dna and found finger prints on my grandfathers money case.... The suspect had been finger printed before and was in the data base... They caught him raided the house found all my grandmas jewlery and the two guns with one of the t.vs.

Also a **** load of drugs.

ITs nice to knwo there are people that will do these thigns for you even if they are getting a paycheck they are going out of the way unlike some cops who just coem in take notes leave without even trying. But this is the reason most cops do become cops. Its the reason i want to be a cop... To make a difference. maybe help people and get rid of the ******** who think they are above the rest of everyone eles the ones who steal , beat thier wives, do drugs , make an unsafe enviroment for children... So how about you dotn judge next time *******.

Sorry to hear they busted ya, bro. I woulda gave you 30 bucks for a flatscreen if it was like new and you swore it was yours to sell.

So the cop went " out of his way" doing that? How so? He got fingerprints? OF SNAP! make that dude a chief!!!Double Krispy Kremes for him!

And by the way, you say they pulled into the driveway wearing masks and then you say nobody saw, or admitted they saw a thing. HMMMM. That is some grade A bull right there, sonny. Somebody had to talk if they knew they wore masks. Tell ol' grandad to buy some better locks and a safe for the guns and jewelry. Sell one of those #### flat screens and put some money on a good safe. It will save the boo hooing.

Before we get more cop worship, let's look at a couple things. First, there are no good cops, they're all dirty in one way or another. Even the ones that don't commit perjury, don't steal, deny civil liberties, commit assault or steal, they know ones who do and don't report them.

Has anyone ever seen cops take a US citizen into custody? A US soldier an Iraqi civilian? Nuff said on that one.

Lastly, few cops join the force for such noble reasons as 'protecting' the public. The ones ive known join for the power they get to hold over others. In summation, the cops who don't directly commit crimes stand by idly while others do and cops treat unconvicted US citizens far worse than enemy combatants by our military.

The whole- there are no good cops line just made you sound like its okay to be a racist. Its okay to lump people together as a whole.

This threads getting out of hand. Disrespectfully pieces of ****. It's shown how big of hypocrits people in this country really are.

We are all ready to get up in arms and agrue with people who bash soldiers but those same people laugh and mock the ones that DO keep us safe.

BTw yes the cops show up AFTER someoen breaks in. Think of this... The reason most WONT break in is fear of the judishal system. thus getting arrested without that fear this country would tear it self apart completely in no time. Man imagine having to be on complete guard of your loved ones yuor self and your posessions at 100% of the time.

What eles i find funny is how quickly you are mockign my carrer path Not becasue i "treated people like **** " in highschool becasue it was the next best thing in an option that got taken from me when i got into a car accident that required surgery and perminate arm and wrist damage done to my body that disabled me from joining the army.

So if that didnt happen and i got that chance to serve in the army would you mock it then?

Better yet What do you do? Did you get a college education? Sinse you have no problem makign fun of what i want to do with my life lets hear what you do?

Sorry to hear they busted ya, bro. I woulda gave you 30 bucks for a flatscreen if it was like new and you swore it was yours to sell.

So the cop went " out of his way" doing that? How so? He got fingerprints? OF SNAP! make that dude a chief!!!Double Krispy Kremes for him!

And by the way, you say they pulled into the driveway wearing masks and then you say nobody saw, or admitted they saw a thing. HMMMM. That is some grade A bull right there, sonny. Somebody had to talk if they knew they wore masks. Tell ol' grandad to buy some better locks and a safe for the guns and jewelry. Sell one of those #### flat screens and put some money on a good safe. It will save the boo hooing.

Btw you made yourself look like a no class piece of **** with this line. Now i see how have no remorse no class what so-ever. Ahhh hate to wish ill upon you but karma is a *****.

The whole- there are no good cops line just made you sound like its okay to be a racist. Its okay to lump people together as a whole.

This threads getting out of hand. Disrespectfully pieces of ****. It's shown how big of hypocrits people in this country really are.

We are all ready to get up in arms and agrue with people who bash soldiers but those same people laugh and mock the ones that DO keep us safe.

BTw yes the cops show up AFTER someoen breaks in. Think of this... The reason most WONT break in is fear of the judishal system. thus getting arrested without that fear this country would tear it self apart completely in no time. Man imagine having to be on complete guard of your loved ones yuor self and your posessions at 100% of the time.

Dude, fear of arrest has never stopped one criminal. I guess it keeps the Krispy Kreme store safe though. So maybe one.

Most people don't bash soldiers because most soldiers aren't signing up to do a job and then complaining about how hard it is.

But to be truthful, the biggest A holes I have ever met have all been ex military.

And the dirty ones need to be bashed just like dirty cops. Nothing or no one made of flesh and blood in todays world is sacred.

Btw you made yourself look like a no class piece of **** with this line. Now i see how have no remorse no class what so-ever. Ahhh hate to wish ill upon you but karma is a *****.

Karma doesn't exist in the way you claim. So I'm pretty safe. But a Karms did hit my Dogma a while back. I miss ol' bear.

Why the language, mr class? :lol: tell grampy the deal on the TV applies to him, too. 30 bucks. Cold hard cash.

Wishing ill on a message board. :lol:

here I go again:

Fill this out and wait in the lobby, a doctor will see you soon. Enjoy our magazines and muzak.

butthurt-form.jpg

I have noticed in my lifetime that most people who experience problems with the police are usually at a point in their lives where they arent legit or are living on the edge. Most of the population that are living respectable lives never have a minutes problem with the police. One of my best friends tells the story about how when he was drinking and druggin it seemed like the police were going out of their way to hassle him, he was always getting arrested and into fights, and that society had it in for him. Just as soon as he gave it all up, magically the arrests and the hasseling stopped, he stopped getting into fights, and the quality of his life greatly improved. I myself have never had anything close to an altercation with a cop and have a great deal of respect for the job they do.

Why dont some of you who have problems with the police force actually JOIN the force and help to make it better?

I have noticed in my lifetime that most people who experience problems with the police are usually at a point in their lives where they arent legit or are living on the edge. Most of the population that are living respectable lives never have a minutes problem with the police. One of my best friends tells the story about how when he was drinking and druggin it seemed like the police were going out of their way to hassle him, he was always getting arrested and into fights, and that society had it in for him. Just as soon as he gave it all up, magically the arrests and the hasseling stopped, he stopped getting into fights, and the quality of his life greatly improved. I myself have never had anything close to an altercation with a cop and have a great deal of respect for the job they do.

Why dont some of you who have problems with the police force actually JOIN the force and help to make it better?

I have noticed in my lifetime that most cops are ####s.

Why would I want to be a part of that?

By the way, hassled by cops? 0 times in my life. Arrested? 0 times in my life. Turned myself in on an assault warrant that was thrown out of court? 1 time in my life. :lol: I had a warrant on me for a month and they never even came looking for me, even tho I told my friend who lived next to the pig sty to tell them where I lived,if they asked, which he did. Still had to turn myself in a month later and never stepped inside a jail cell.

SO no. no personal problems with cops other than them being ####s a couple of times when a car I was in broke down.

But I have seen enough of what they do to others and how they act like they are above the law, and sometimes treated as such, to know to keep them pretty low on my respect meter.#### a cop.

I have noticed in my lifetime that most cops are ####s.

Why would I want to be a part of that?

By the way, hassled by cops? 0 times in my life. Arrested? 0 times in my life. Turned myself in on an assault warrant that was thrown out of court? 1 time in my life. :lol: I had a warrant on me for a month and they never even came looking for me, even tho I told my friend who lived next to the pig sty to tell them where I lived,if they asked, which he did. Still had to turn myself in a month later and never stepped inside a jail cell.

SO no. no personal problems with cops other than them being ####s a couple of times when a car I was in broke down.

But I have seen enough of what they do to others and how they act like they are above the law, and sometimes treated as such, to know to keep them pretty low on my respect meter.#### a cop.

Or maybe you got turned away from the force is what im thinking. Hi Hater :). Pricks like you are the reason Cops are pricks. Deal with peopel haseling you all the time you'd have that. ANd i have yet to hear your profession? And just to let you know your in the minority. Haha listen to you yea im so cool and badass the cops didnt come looking for me i had to turn my self in and i got away with it... Your not a criminal? You sound like one.

Because they cant cut it. Guys like pencilpusher are overweight and out of shape so they live through the internet. Try to be internet tough guys. Hey Man it's okay if your life is a **** hole but dont hate the cops for that.

Dont let him and his little im to good for the police i have no respect for them routine fool ya... You cna tell what he really is just by the fact he insults my grandfather. He's weak he's disrespactfull and he gets a kick out of the pain of others.

sounds like a crook to me.

Or maybe you got turned away from the force is what im thinking. Hi Hater :). Pricks like you are the reason Cops are pricks. Deal with peopel haseling you all the time you'd have that. ANd i have yet to hear your profession? And just to let you know your in the minority. Haha listen to you yea im so cool and badass the cops didnt come looking for me i had to turn my self in and i got away with it... Your not a criminal? You sound like one.

That statement nearly gave me an aneurysm.