New Mock

hawkeye

1. DE Greg Romeus 6-5 268 Pitt

After watching more of Romeus I think he is good against both the run and pass and he goes until he hears the whistle. I didn't realize he had that much speed either.

Plan B: OT DeMarcus Love

2. WR DeVier Posey 6-2 200 Ohio St.

All we are looking for is a legit #2 WR to help Roddy. Posey makes plays and is productive. After the big 4 and

Greg Little IMO he is the next best. He has some things to improve on also tho.

Plan B: DE Pernell McPhee

3. OT James Carpenter 6-5 305 Bama

He plays LT but would have to slide to the right side with us. I have been watching a lot of him lately and he is

just flat out good. His worse game was against Auburn. He was a JUCO transfer and jumped right into the starting

lineup. He gives a lot of credit to Mike Johnson for helping him with his game and some players on defense also

say he is good in practice. Having Boudreau as his coach will also help his game. Head Busta I know you are a big

Gilbert fan and I thought about him here, but a lot of times he just looks lost and is blocking nobody.

Plan B: WR Dwayne Harris

4. CB Chykie Brown 6-0 187 Texas

TD will not go without drafting a CB. Brown has 3rd round talent but I think he will slide to the 4th. You really

can't go wrong with a DB from TX. Brown is fast with long arms and a great blitzer. He is physical but he needs

to improve on his tackling and his technique. He is a great cover guy too.

Plan B: CB Trevin Wade(if he enters)

5. RB Baron Batch 5-9 200 TX Tech

Change of pace back with good hands. Probably best used as your check down back out in the flat.

Plan B: RB Donald Buckram

6. OG David Arkin 6-5 302 Mizzou St.

He fits the type of O-Linemen we like. Has lots of experience and is one of the best linemen in that division.

7. OLB Jeremiha Hunter 6-1 235 Iowa

Hunter has been very productive in his career and Iowa usually has good LB'ers and OL. He is very smart and is

rarely out of position. He won't just wow you but he gets the job done. Good character too.

Plan B: OLB Craig Stevens

8ballbadge.jpg

It's perfect now - let's leave it there until the middle of the season.

Seriously, it looks good on paper but you just know on at least one pick TD will grab a small school guy who none of us has heard of (Biermann, Middleton, Schillinger)

Yeah it's a wrap for a minute. But I like Arkin as that small school guy right now.

It's perfect now - let's leave it there until the middle of the season.

I'd rather be over here looking at new mocks than be on TATF reading more speculation about people's knees. I'm getting a lot of good names to read about, and check out in replays of last season's games and in games this fall.

At least it is something to look at that's new.

This is the "NFL Draft and Free Agency" area. If you are bored with those subjects, no need to visit.

I'd rather be over here looking at new mocks than be on TATF reading more speculation about people's knees. I'm getting a lot of good names to read about, and check out in replays of last season's games and in games this fall.

At least it is something to look at that's new.

This is the "NFL Draft and Free Agency" area. If you are bored with those subjects, no need to visit.

Thank you A-ville. You always have good positive feedback. But it's the truth. If you don't wanna see a mock

draft, just stay out of this forum. You can control what you look at with the touch of your finger/mouse.

I would switch the OG out for a DT since we got two interior linemen in 10.

I like the positions that hawkeye has been using.

DE - To groom to replace JA55 the next year, and replace JA98 immediately

OT - To replace Clabo

WR - To upgrade the position

OLB - Replacement for Peterson as a backup. If we lose Wire also, hopefully Bear Woods will be ready to step in.

RB - Replacement for Snelling/Norwood

OG - Replacement OG for Johnson as he becomes a starter and Blalock exits

CB - Replacement for Williams

If they can get a center/guard combo, then that would be great because they will need a backup C when Hawley eventually starts.

I like the positions that hawkeye has been using.

DE - To groom to replace JA55 the next year, and replace JA98 immediately

OT - To replace Clabo

WR - To upgrade the position

OLB - Replacement for Peterson as a backup. If we lose Wire also, hopefully Bear Woods will be ready to step in.

RB - Replacement for Snelling/Norwood

OG - Replacement OG for Johnson as he becomes a starter and Blalock exits

CB - Replacement for Williams

If they can get a center/guard combo, then that would be great because they will need a backup C when Hawley eventually starts.

Thanks. It's way early but I try to look at all positions and determine which players are better in their projected rounds compared to others. For example. In the 4th rd I was looking for an OLB, but there really

don't seem to be any good quality OLB'ers in the 4th, but CB looks good in the 4th and you can still get a

good OLB in the 7th. The good thing about next year's draft is we don't have a lot of NEEDS. We can kind of

pick and choose.

We always seem to like the same players. I thought about a DT late. To be specific Mike Blanc from Auburn. What

you think about him?

I like Blanc he would def be a good choice in the the later rounds. He is in my top 5 favorites for DT this year. I also like Nevis from LSU but I have a feeling he will fly up boards.