SN Power Rankings

I'm sure this has already been posted. If not though.

The Panthers at 8 really! A QB with little starting experience, only one threat at WR, a defense that lost its best pass rusher, and lost a LB again to a knee injury.

1. New York Jets

Potential headache: CB Darrelle Revis, C Nick Mangold and ILB David Harris all want new deals.

2. Dallas Cowboys

Potential headache: Doug Free might not be ready to replace Flozell Adams at left tackle.

3. New Orleans Saints

Potential headache: Asking the Saints' defense to force as many turnovers is asking too much.

4. San Diego Chargers

Potential headache: If Jackson and McNeill really stay away, others will be under pressure to step up.

5. Minnesota Vikings

Potential headache: The offensive line might not be good enough to keep Brett Favre from getting battered.

6. Green Bay Packers

Potential headache: The 3-4 defense that yielded 51 points in a playoff loss to Arizona still has question marks.

7. Indianapolis Colts

Potential headache: WR Reggie Wayne wants more money, although in Indianapolis these disputes rarely get out of hand.

8. Carolina Panthers

Potential headache: They still must establish a consistent No. 2 receiver opposite Steve Smith.

9. Baltimore Ravens

Potential headache: The secondary could give up big plays, especially if injuries continue to hamper S Ed Reed.

10. Houston Texans

Potential headache: Can they generate a consistent running game to balance

the offense?

11. New England Patriots

Potential headache: If their pass rush does not improve, their defense might

not either.

12. San Francisco 49ers

Potential headache: Alex Smith has yet to prove he is good enough to quarterback a team into postseason.

13. Atlanta Falcons

Potential headache: Another team that must reach hit opposing quarterbacks more often.

14. Philadelphia Eagles

Potential headache: This team has gone young, and there could be some

growing pains.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers

Potential headache: The fallout from QB Ben Roethlisberger's suspension—both his absence and the attention when he returns.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-20/pre-camp-power-poll-rankings-complete-potential-headaches#ixzz0uK2K7LTG

Edited by falconwes42

Three points. 1) I may hate the Saints, but they are the defending champs and should be ranked number one until proven otherwise.

2) The Panthers could be a good team if they can jump out to early leads. With their rushing tandem, they are a dangerous team. However, their defense has been rebuilt and they have a young, inexperienced player at QB. 8 is certainly too high. I'd say 15-18 range is more appropriate.

3) The Falcons started bringing everything together at the end of the season and improved in the offseason. 13 is too low for them, I'd say 7-10 range would be more appropriate.

Can't really say anything about the Bucs, 25 seems about right.

So we finish behind the 49ers who we romped during the season...?

We finish behind the Houston Texans who finally reached above .500 by 1 game...?

SN is a waste of time. Also think that the Saints are the only super bowl champ in recent history to not be automatically ranked #1. I know they had a lot of luck but they are currently the best team in the league by default (we know otherwise)

Three points. 1) I may hate the Saints, but they are the defending champs and should be ranked number one until proven otherwise.

2) The Panthers could be a good team if they can jump out to early leads. With their rushing tandem, they are a dangerous team. However, their defense has been rebuilt and they have a young, inexperienced player at QB. 8 is certainly too high. I'd say 15-18 range is more appropriate.

3) The Falcons started bringing everything together at the end of the season and improved in the offseason. 13 is too low for them, I'd say 7-10 range would be more appropriate.

Can't really say anything about the Bucs, 25 seems about right.

I agree. I think no. 10 would be just about right.

how about swappin carolina and falcons in those spots, we @ 8 and them @ 13 (the potential of them is possible, to be a threat to us, i admit they finished with a pretty good record last season considering their start last season including without their second best linebacker davis the second half of the year when they were playing better on both sides.) but thats just one mans opoinion

I could see why the Jets might be at #1 b/c of their deep playoff run...but they were a really mediocre team last season in the passing game.

I'm fine with Saints at 3...they still have a ways to go on D, and letting Fujita walk didnt exactly help them improve.

Carolina at 8 is a joke...they lost half of their defense in the offseason(even before Davis went out for the year), they have a very unproven QB, and no receiving threat outside of an aging 'speedster' who currently has a broken arm.

Saints don't need the steel curtain with the prolific offense they have. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp by the media and opposing fans I don't know. The plethora of turnovers were just the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. Also Saints created those turnovers ALL SEASON LONG and into the post season and every team was aware of it and couldn't prevent them. And, c'mon Saints have the Buddy Ryan disciple Gregg frickin Williams. Blitz u 50 different ways in a game, haha. They don't get the media respect because Saints for the most part represent the deep south and we all know how the deep south is depicted in the press. ;)

Edited by SAINTªANGER

Saints don't need the steel curtain with the prolific offense they have. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp by the media and opposing fans I don't know. The plethora of turnovers were just the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. Also Saints created those turnovers ALL SEASON LONG and into the post season and every team was aware of it and couldn't prevent them. And, c'mon Saints have the Buddy Ryan disciple Gregg frickin Williams. Blitz u 50 different ways in a game, haha. They don't get the media respect because Saints for the most part represent the deep south and we all know how the deep south is depicted in the press. ;)

You're joking right? The media has been riding your nutz since 2005 and you know it.

Boy have the Jets ever pulled the wool over a lot of eyes. They got 2 forfeits to get into the playoffs, sign a lot of rejects in the off season and are now better than either Super Bowl team, neither of whom lost anything of significance.

I want what this guy smokes

The force is strong in the New York media. :rolleyes:

U guys worry WAY too much about these power ranking and how much respect you think Falcons get and what not.. none of this crap matters at all

I agree 100%. If people want to doubt the Falcons, that's fine by me. What truly matters is what happens on the field.