Early Starting Secondary Depth Charts

It's early but you can plainly see that there are mixed predictions on who will start at corner opposite Dunta. Pop your popcorn. The next month or two will be interesting. I don't believe this will shake out until Week 3 when we head to New Orleans but as of right now I still say Dunta, DeCoud and Coleman are locks. If Williams is healthy he is in. If not, Grimes is in at RCB. If Williams is not ready Owens is in at LCB if they decide to switch Dunta back to his natural RCB position. I can't wait. Several people will be right, several will be wrong.

AJC - Robinson, DeCoud, Coleman, Williams

Stats - Robinson, DeCoud, Coleman, Williams

ESPN - Robinson, DeCoud, Coleman, Grimes

My CouchScout link wouldn't work but they have Owens at LCB although Williams is rated higher. Stats shows DeCoud at SS. Think that's a mistake but I sure would like to see us experiment with that. Of course NFL.com, AF.com don't have a depth chart posted yet and probably won't for weeks.

POST UP YOUR STARTING PRE CAMP SECONDARY DEPTH CHART

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

I say for sure like everyone else Robinson, DeCoud and Coleman are set in stone. Williams will be the starter only if he is 100% healthy. He knows the system and relays on his knowledge of it to make up for his speed and average athletic ability. Grimes will be the starter if Williams isn't back to 100% from his injury but I do believe Williams will be on the roster no matter what due to the fact that he can play both CB and S. We all know Dimitroff likes to have players who can play different positions. Even though Owens played good at the end of last year I still think he will only be the nickel back but a really good one.

Edited by bigdogg2277

I think the end of the season will be different from the start. We may have the future defensive backfield all starting by the end of the season, Robinson - DeCoud - Moore - Owens.

But I think we start the season with Robinson - DeCoud - Coleman - Williams.

I think the end of the season will be different from the start. We may have the future defensive backfield all starting by the end of the season, Robinson - DeCoud - Moore - Owens.

But I think we start the season with Robinson - DeCoud - Coleman - Williams.

[/quote

I think exactly the same; the beginning of season depending on Williams health of course.

LCB - Dunta Robinson, Chris Owens, Chevis Jackson

RCB - Brent Grimes, Brian Williams, Dominique Franks

FS - Thomas DeCoud, Matt Giordano

SS - Erik Coleman, William Moore

Notes:

I'd say that Owens has a 1 in 7 chance chance at starting in Brent's spot.

I'd say Moore has a 1 in 4 chance at starting at SS.

I'd say that Williams has a 1 in 15 chance of breaking the top 3 spot at CB.

Dunta/DeCoud/Coleman/Owens

Jackson/Williams/Moore/Grimes(nickel)

I think DRob/Owens/Grimes/Jackson will be our top 4 corners. No way Williams comes back from an ACL tear at age 30 and is one of our top corners to rely on. I think Moore beats out Coleman if he can make plays in TC and preseason. Coleman is probably expecting it so I hope he gets a lot better than he was last year. Owens is the better tackler and is more physical and when Smitty came in he said we are going to run the ball and stop the run. Grimes isn't a threat in run support. Wouldn't mind Owens going to nickel on passing downs though but I think Grimes is the ideal nickel corner. Could be like Orlando Scandrick for the Cowgirls

It's early but you can plainly see that there are mixed predictions on who will start at corner opposite Dunta. Pop your popcorn. The next month or two will be interesting. I don't believe this will shake out until Week 3 when we head to New Orleans but as of right now I still say Dunta, DeCoud and Coleman are locks. If Williams is healthy he is in. If not, Grimes is in at RCB. If Williams is not ready Owens is in at LCB if they decide to switch Dunta back to his natural RCB position. I can't wait. Several people will be right, several will be wrong.

AJC - Robinson, DeCoud, Coleman, Williams

Stats - Robinson, DeCoud, Coleman, Williams

ESPN - Robinson, DeCoud, Coleman, Grimes

My CouchScout link wouldn't work but they have Owens at LCB although Williams is rated higher. Stats shows DeCoud at SS. Think that's a mistake but I sure would like to see us experiment with that. Of course NFL.com, AF.com don't have a depth chart posted yet and probably won't for weeks.

POST UP YOUR STARTING PRE CAMP SECONDARY DEPTH CHART

What about Moore? You seem to have forgotten him. Where does he fit in?

The shortest distance between two points is a straight

line. Therefore if Moore is to ever start he should start

sooner rather than later. Experience is the objective and

the straightest line to it is playing.

ROBINSON-GRIMES

DECOUD-MOORE

Edited by LADBABY

I thought i read you wanted the switch to be made between our safeties? Now its a mistake? or do you mean a typo or something?

Read the post again. I said I think they made a mistake but I want to see us experiment with that. I said thye same thing in the original post you're referring to.

I think it will make us a better defense. DeCoud gave up hella big plays at FS. Coleman didn't. Coleman got burned on 9 yard swing passes to RBs at SS. Maybe DeCoud won't. Our safeties are supposedly interchangeable. I believe we will see some of that this year.

Read the post again. I said I think they made a mistake but I want to see us experiment with that. I said thye same thing in the original post you're referring to.

I think it will make us a better defense. DeCoud gave up hella big plays at FS. Coleman didn't. Coleman got burned on 9 yard swing passes to RBs at SS. Maybe DeCoud won't. Our safeties are supposedly interchangeable. I believe we will see some of that this year.

YOu exaggerating on that part 4 real unless hella = a few, but Decoud was a 1st year starter Coleman been in the league for few years = big difference my friend.

Complete cluelessness :rolleyes: regarding Williams starting LOL - I still got Sig bets going who wants in regarding Williams starting if he is healthy.

There was a similar debate on this board about the starting corners on the 2009 squad. I might be wrong but I think you were heavily involved in it.

I wanna say you had Owens over either Grimes at LCB or Crisp at RCB. Could have been Chevis. Neither one of em could knock Williams or Crisp out of the box. Let me know if I'm mistaken because it is a faint memory.

What about Moore? You seem to have forgotten him. Where does he fit in?

This thread is about early depth charts for the starting secondary. No nickels, dimes or back up safeties. The only ones I could find Moore on were the countless number of message boarder's depth charts. Hopefully he'll be ready but I don't think so. I would expect to see him get worked in slowly. Many on this board disagree though and expect to see him lining up with the first unit.