Source: Falcons aren't concerned about Peria Jerry's knee

sdogg

My link

Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2010 6:37 PM ETEarlier today, MDS posted an item pointing out an item in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which reports that the Falcons are concerned about the knee of defensive tackle Peria Jerry. Per the report, rumors focus on the status of Jerry's ACL.

We've seen been told by a source with knowledge of the situation that the Falcons aren't concerned about Jerry's knee, and that he will be ready to go when camp opens.

Also, the source explained that Jerry's ACL was not injured in 2009, and that the team has no worries about it.

Edited by sdogg

I do to. But at least this one has a source from the Falcons. Though the source could be just a towel boy.

Yea, but at the same time the falcons are not going to come out and say hey Peria is going to be out for this season or what have you. Nobody will truly know until training camp, if he is fine then he will be in drills and stuff. Although, they may hold him out of some stuff just as precaution. Its all speculation at this point, we will know soon enough.

Interesting that some level of confirmation has come out on the ACL. I'm thinking patella then.

Anything is better than ACL. That is just an injury that sticks with you. You never truly return to your previous form when you do that. Also, it is also an injury that tends to be reinjured later in careers.

My link

Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2010 6:37 PM ETEarlier today, MDS posted an item pointing out an item in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which reports that the Falcons are concerned about the knee of defensive tackle Peria Jerry. Per the report, rumors focus on the status of Jerry's ACL.

We've seen been told by a source with knowledge of the situation that the Falcons aren't concerned about Jerry's knee, and that he will be ready to go when camp opens.

Also, the source explained that Jerry's ACL was not injured in 2009, and that the team has no worries about it.

HUH ?

My link

It's always a joy when positive feelings are reported to help ease fans hearts and minds.

Now rotoworld is blaming the Falcons for there F UP

The Falcons have only themselves to blame for the rumors, as they've never disclosed the details of Jerry's injury. In fact, PFT's source now says that Jerry's ACL was never damaged. The injury is believed to have been bone related, and a different ligament may have also been involved. Jerry is now expected to be ready to go when training camp opens, though we remain skeptical that he'll be close 100 percent.

The bone can heal and be stronger.....

Roto should only report what the Falcons release. Not rumors or what the AJC reports.

Thats the thing... D-Led just said this on twitter.

We never said they were concerned. I wrote that they've never said what the injury was ! PFT got it twisted.

He didnt say Peria was recovering slow... They twisted his words... Dude said the falcons has no released what type injury he had.

The same with that HD report... He didnt say HD had a setback....

IDK... I cant wait for TC so all this can end.

This is good news. They have been saying it was a bone injury from the very beginning and it seems like they weren't lying.

You're right, last year they said it was a bone injury and now a year later, they're saying it's a bone injury.

PFT started spreading rumors using an article that the AJC wrote in May. Not only that, they twisted it around to make the injury look worse that it was.

PFT said in the article that the AJC wouldn't elaborate on the rumors and then went on to bring up the ACL and make up rumors.