Who do you all want to be the CB opposite Dante?

savage77

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who should it be?

• Chris Owens
    • Brian Williams
    • Brent Grimes
    • Dominique Franks
    • Chevis Jackson

I voted Chris Owens but personally I want Franks to show up and cause some ruckus as a slept on pick in this draft. I'm sure he has to feel a little scorned being scored a 2nd round pick and then slipping so far. Chris Owens from what I've seen in NFL games has the most potential of any of our other CB's. Franks has yet to see the NFL field so it's hard to say. I always want the younger guy starting tho generally. If the younger guys are playing better than our older ones we will be a better team longer.

Edited by Jp7833

Owens hands down.

Williams, for the 60th time, will NOT start.

I love Grimes, but he is not physical enough at the line of scrimmage to be a starter. Plus, his run support is nowhere near what Owens' is. Grimes is much more suited for the NCB where he can play to his strengths (and mitigate his weaknesses).

This is Chevis' 3rd year, but he hasn't shown much...and doesn't have the top end speed to start. He better worry about just sticking on the team.

And Franks may have a good bit of potential, but it won't be realized for at least another season.

I voted Chris Owens but personally I want Franks to show up and cause some ruckus as a slept on pick in this draft. I'm sure he has to feel a little scorned being scored a 2nd round pick and then slipping so far. Chris Owens from what I've seen in NFL games has the most potential of any of our other CB's. Franks has yet to see the NFL field so it's hard to say. I always want the younger guy starting tho generally. If the younger guys are playing better than our older ones we will be a better team longer.

Agreed. I not to keen on the idea of putting to much stock in Brian Williams. Yes he played well for us, but we really have not seen to much of him only a few games. He is also coming back from a horrific injury and at his age it will be much harder to recover completely. Also, coming back to that, you have to wonder when his age will become an issue "Lawyer Milloy". I personally felt a lot better when Owens was on the field last year. Grimes was a ball hawk, but I also saw him get picked on an awful lot. Chevis is more suited for Nickel, and like you said Franks is still young and could potentially be a replacement for Dante in the coming years or could play Nickel this year. At least we do not have a huge problem anywhere.

I chose Owens as well. Although I think Grimes will get the nod to start the season. I think Owens is more physical and a better tackler. I will keep an eye on Franks though because I didn't know much about him in college. But watching his college footage, he might be the real deal.

falconsfight.gif

well i think it should be brent no doubt, u dont get six picks by luck, drop one, then get muffed on another one... he take chances but not once have i seen him just get burned by a WR yet, not one, he misses tackles yes i admit theat, but tell me this, would u take asunte samels over either of them, and he cant tackle for ****... but brent did show he can and is willing to tackle when he planted steve smith into the ground.... i think he deserves the chance to start fiest n i think the staff knows that....

I think Williams starts it but I want Owens to take over. Grimes has had his chances and hasn't done so great. He looked good against 3 rookie QB's to end the season but teams will pick on him all day with big receivers.

I think Chevis isn't even going to make the team because I don't think we go into the season with 6 corners.

I voted Grimes, but I really want the best player to start. I don't think it will be Williams, just don't see him coming back to starter level after injury. Plus if Williams is the starter, then our up and coming CBs still can't beat out a 30+ CB coming off major ACL surgery, and that means they stink and it will be a long year.

Realistically I See Chris Owens Starting, He Plays Hard And Tackles Well.

But I Wouldn't Mind Brent Grimes Starting Either.

But I Voted For Dominique Franks Because If He Does Start From Day One, Means His Doing Something Great And Really Impressing The Coaches. I See Something Special In Franks. I Think His Going To Be A Draft Steal And A Gem.

I Really Love Our CBs, I Feel The Team Really Improved That Position.

I think Williams starts it but I want Owens to take over. Grimes has had his chances and hasn't done so great. He looked good against 3 rookie QB's to end the season but teams will pick on him all day with big receivers.

I think Chevis isn't even going to make the team because I don't think we go into the season with 6 corners.

I agree that Jackson doesn't make the team unless he comes into camp and tears it up. I believe Williams will be the starter only if 100% healthy and if not then Grimes will start just based on him having more playing time then Owens. I do like Owens and can see down the road of himself, Robinson and Franks being a very good trio of CB's for us. It's great to have competition like this for training camp, shows how good of a team we really have.

well i think it should be brent no doubt, u dont get six picks by luck, drop one, then get muffed on another one... he take chances but not once have i seen him just get burned by a WR yet, not one, he misses tackles yes i admit theat, but tell me this, would u take asunte samels over either of them, and he cant tackle for ****... but brent did show he can and is willing to tackle when he planted steve smith into the ground.... i think he deserves the chance to start fiest n i think the staff knows that....

Interesting comparison with Samuels because honestly it is a fair one. High risk high reward player. Grimes/Williams/Owens/Franks. To me it honestly doesn't matter how you stack them up because I believe 1-5 we may match up on depth with anyone. We don't have two pro bowl starters but we have 5 guys who we can expect to get the job done. In some ways that is much more valuable because it allows you more creativity with you defense and flexibility with injuries. So in all honesty it doesn't matter but if I had to pick right now I'm going with Williams on experience (assuming of course the injury is healed).

Owens seemed to improve quickly, and learned from his mistakes. I think Grimey is the high risk- high reward player than needs to put in at nickel and especially during obvious passing situations.

With the increasing amount of pass happy-offenses, I don't think by any means that being placed at nickel should be considered a demotion. Playing the Ain'ts twice a year our nickel is equally important as the Left or Right CB.

Edited by paulitik