T.O. on Atlanta Radar? Or Vice Versa?

Jp7833

I'm not sure where this guy is getting his information from. However, this is the first time I have seen Atlanta on a T.O. list aside from some of the AJC crap. Anyways, I know it's been a topic of interest on here. Would our fan-base embrace T.O. or would we shun him. Granted the guy has his issues but last year he was quiet and he has never been in any legal trouble.

Anyone heard anything else from an actual news source about T.O. even talking to Atlanta or where this would come from? Or do you all suppose this is pure speculation.

Steelers Ponder Signing T.O.

Report: Steelers Pondered Signing Terrell Owens

By Chuck Carroll

Football News Now Staff Writer

July 20, 2010

The Steelers have kicked around the idea of adding T.O. to their roster.

On Monday Drew Rosenhaus revealed that Terrell Owens should be under contract within the next few weeks.

Could it be he is headed to the Pittsburgh Steelers?

The Steelers have “at least pondered” the idea of bringing n T.O. according to Mike Florio at PFT.

The thought is that Owens would serve as a one-year replacement for Santonio Holmes whom the team traded to the New York Jets earlier this offseason.

The Jets are also on Florio’s list of possible landing spots for Owens.

Owens has previously stated he would play for less money on a team that was a contender. It wouldn’t hurt that he would be in the Big Apple spotlight, either.

Also on the list of possibilities are the Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears, Atlanta Falcons and Indianapolis Colts.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Indy would contemplate bringing him in, there is no reason ATL shouldn't. There again, no one can verify this information.

He would be a definite upgrade to our WR's, however....would it cause a locker room disruption? If he would, it wouldn't be worth it.

Edited by JKH5785

ID PUT A CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT TOO

just sign the guy. He knows this is an uncapped season and he can get fired without hurting the team financially. His problem in the past was losing and not getting the ball, now he knows its about over for him. He was in buffalo with terrible QBs and he actually was quiet all season...even though he wasn't getting the ball.

people are prejudiced against TO because of the media. We are judging a guy for something that happened in HIS PAST. If we judged everyone solely on the past....many of us would be divorced and unemployed.

I'm not sure where this guy is getting his information from. However, this is the first time I have seen Atlanta on a T.O. list aside from some of the AJC crap. Anyways, I know it's been a topic of interest on here. Would our fan-base embrace T.O. or would we shun him. Granted the guy has his issues but last year he was quiet and he has never been in any legal trouble.

Anyone heard anything else from an actual news source about T.O. even talking to Atlanta or where this would come from? Or do you all suppose this is pure speculation.

Steelers Ponder Signing T.O.

Report: Steelers Pondered Signing Terrell Owens

By Chuck Carroll

Football News Now Staff Writer

July 20, 2010

The Steelers have kicked around the idea of adding T.O. to their roster.

On Monday Drew Rosenhaus revealed that Terrell Owens should be under contract within the next few weeks.

Could it be he is headed to the Pittsburgh Steelers?

The Steelers have “at least pondered” the idea of bringing n T.O. according to Mike Florio at PFT.

The thought is that Owens would serve as a one-year replacement for Santonio Holmes whom the team traded to the New York Jets earlier this offseason.

The Jets are also on Florio’s list of possible landing spots for Owens.

Owens has previously stated he would play for less money on a team that was a contender. It wouldn’t hurt that he would be in the Big Apple spotlight, either.

Also on the list of possibilities are the Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears, Atlanta Falcons and Indianapolis Colts.

Process of elimination. These are about the only teams that have not publicly told TO **** NO!

Process of elimination. These are about the only teams that have not publicly told TO **** NO!

Haha I think that might actually be true.

Everyone around the Metro Area and Flowery Branch should keep an eye out for T.O. sightings.

Maybe he will be coming here to make a sales pitch soon.

just sign the guy. He knows this is an uncapped season and he can get fired without hurting the team financially. His problem in the past was losing and not getting the ball, now he knows its about over for him. He was in buffalo with terrible QBs and he actually was quiet all season...even though he wasn't getting the ball.

people are prejudiced against TO because of the media. We are judging a guy for something that happened in HIS PAST. If we judged everyone solely on the past....many of us would be divorced and unemployed.

Tru,

Understand what you are saying, but it is not entirely the media's fault. TO should be held accountable for his actions. As far as his past, it is the repeated behavior that causing some folks concern. He left 3 teams (49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys) with locker room problems that he largely started. The teams were worse off due to his antics, and were generally happy to see him leave. I don't think he started any trouble in buffalo but then again his performance on the field was quite as well.

Not saying Atl shouldn't consider TO but there is nothing wrong with preceding with caution. the Falcons are building a nice nucleus of players. I would hate to see that disrupted by TO, like he has done to teams in the past. If we were to sign him I would hope the contract would be financially sound and with conduct clauses.

The concern is his previous off field antics; the optimism would be, he could turn into Atl's version of New England's Randy Moss...troubled/talented receiver who turn around his attitude. Who knows what is going on in Owen's mind.....just him. This is a case of High Risk/High Reward. i will trust AB,TD and MS make that decision..

Tru,

Understand what you are saying, but it is not entirely the media's fault. TO should be held accountable for his actions. As far as his past, it is the repeated behavior that causing some folks concern. He left 3 teams (49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys) with locker room problems that he largely started. The teams were worse off due to his antics, and were generally happy to see him leave. I don't think he started any trouble in buffalo but then again his performance on the field was quite as well.

Not saying Atl shouldn't consider TO but there is nothing wrong with preceding with caution. the Falcons are building a nice nucleus of players. I would hate to see that disrupted by TO, like he has done to teams in the past. If we were to sign him I would hope the contract would be financially sound and with conduct clauses.

The concern is his previous off field antics; the optimism would be, he could turn into Atl's version of New England's Randy Moss...troubled/talented receiver who turn around his attitude. Who knows what is going on in Owen's mind.....just him. This is a case of High Risk/High Reward. i will trust AB,TD and MS make that decision..

I agree

Actually, I heard the rumors of Pittsburgh maybe signing T.O. last week, sighting that a coach like Tomlin would be able to "reign" him in if he got outta line along with other team leaders like Hines Ward.

T.O. would LOVE to sign in Atlanta. He has a house here and send quite of bit of his off season right here in town. Atlanta is a team that should contend, not only for the division but in the playoffs. And T.O. believes he can show up and snatch the starting wide receiver spot from Michael Jenkins.

T.O. to Indy aint gonna happen unless they think Wayne is gonna hold out for a extended period of time, but with Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark and Gonzalez returning to a team that went to the Superbowl, they don't need T.O.

I've heard the T.O. to Chicago rumors for two years now, before he signed with the Bills, at the trade deadline last year and again now. Cutler would love a big wide receiver like he had in Marshall in Denver and might be interested, but they may have a guy in Aromashodu, who at 6'2" is bigger then the 5'11" Hester and 6'0" Knox. But it wouldn't surprise me if they took at chance, with Lovie Smith on the hot seat and both the Vikings and Packers being better teams then the Bears right now.

Titans may be the most interesting. They have a budding young talent Kenny Britt and decent tight ends Scaife and Cook Jr, and a superstar at running back in Johnson. T.O. could be just the piece they needed to chase down the Colts in the division. And I think Jeff Fisher could "control" Owens.

But besides all that, I think Owens sees the end coming. He has got to know if he planned to play for a few more years, not only does he have to produce, but he's got to be more of a team player. So I don't think he's gonna be an issue for whoever signs him. And with that being the case, I'd like him to sign here and give us another weapon for teams to have to deal with.

Do you really want to see T.O sulking on the Atlanta sideline even after a score?

Do you really want the guy lobbying for looks from Ryan?

As hard as Arthur has worked on making character this franchises' trademark do you really believe he would take a chance on someone with the luggage that Owens brings?

Does anyone believe that Owens isn't due for more drama?

Legal trouble or not......the dude is a cancer that can ruin a team.

He is the poster child for 'unsportsmanlike'.

Please No TO. The first game we lose, he'll be crying to the media how He's not being utilized and Roddy and Gonzo and HD are getting the ball too much. Let him go and try to call out Ryan, he'd get the **** beat out of him in the Locker room.

I'd like to see what our young receivers can do first. We have two young guys in Meier and Wolfe that played very good in the NCAA and when you add in the surprise play of Harvey, we have a lot of promise at the position.

Will any of them make the team? Who knows just yet but I'd hate to take a roster spot for a 36 y.o. on the decline without trying them first.

With that said, if the FO wants to make TO a Falcon, I'll support him just like the rest of the team.

Atlanta is the gayest city now? WTF? :ph34r:

I think they were referring to San Fran.

Either way, NO TO T.O.

Dude sucks, he talks too much, Locker room Cancer. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched him play much. He dogged on McNabb, Romo, pitched a b1tch in Buffalo, Dallas, San Fran and Philly. He gives up on plays, can't catch and lost a step. Over the hill, we have three better receivers already(White, Gonzo, and Even Jenkins). He's worthless and would do more harm than good.

I have absolutely no idea how anybody that's a fan of this team would not want T.O. opposite Roddy White, along with Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner as your runningback and Matt Ryan as your quarterback.

It would also make more sense with the notion that Harry Douglas' leg is not healthy yet. That means we go back into the 2010 with what we ended with in 2009....and aside from Roddy and TG we had nothing.