Name 5 Falcons That Need to RISE UP the MOST!

Supes™

Try to limit your picks to 5 for brevity, please. Here's mine (in no particular order of importance):

1. Jerious Norwood. Injuries aside, he needs to show us that he is the dangerous (and durable) weapon that we've pined for since he became a Falcon. There's been flashes of brilliance, but he needs to become a rock-steady threat running and catching the bean and come out of this season with a league-wide reputation as a game changer. Jerious Norwood needs to RISE UP!

2. JA98 Jamaal Anderson. Lord knows he has been batted around mercilessly in TATF, but rather if all the criticism is deserved or not and despite what ever position(s) he ends up playing in 2010, the big man needs to become a force to be reckoned with this year, be it sacking the QB or stopping the run. Jamaal Anderson needs to become a big-time play maker and RISE UP!

3. John Abraham. We may never see 16 to 17 sacks again from this aging veteran, but we surely need to see more of Big John wrecking havoc in the opponents backfield than we did last season. If he can bring us 8 to 10 sacks and if we can get that many combined from Bierman and Sidbury and a few more from Babs and even JA98, we'll be doing a LOT better than in '09. John Abraham needs to show veteran leadership skills and RISE UP!

4. Michael Jenkins. Reputably a fine blocker, we've GOT to be able to depend on Michael as a clutch #2 receiver. He needs to work overtime in training camp with Matt Ryan, concentrating on timing and getting very comfortable with his quarterback. He needs to make ALL of those clutch catches and become all that he has the potential to be. Michael Jenkins needs to work harder and RISE UP!

5. Mike Mularkey. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing(s) repeatedly and expecting different results when it obviously isn't working. For gawds sake, Mike, get rid of that waggle (Matt, roll out to your right and throw it in the stands) play, please! Mike Malarkey, you need to WISE UP!<_<

1. Matt Ryan - he's the key, let's not pretend. 2/1 TD/INT ratio, 30+ TDs, 3800+ yards, these are the marks he needs to be hitting if we are to head for the promised land. I think he can do it, but time will tell

2. John Abraham - Kroy can defeat single blocks. Babs can defeat single blocks. Peria if healthy can defeat single blocks. JA55 needs to ensure that they get as many opportunities as possible, and then make opposing DCs pay to the tune of 12 sacks when they fail to respect him.

3. Brian VanGorder - Everyone rips Mularkey, but you were the worst co-ordinator last year. Yes, you lacked talent to work with. With Jerry, Weatherspoon, Robinson and potentially Moore, that excuse won't fly any more. Time to deliver and show you're real NFL calibre.

4. Sam Baker - great when healthy. Rarely healthy. Needs to stay healthy. Blalock has Johnson to fend off, Dahl and Clabo are playing for $ - but Baker needs to take the initiative and RISE UP.

5. Jerious Norwood - we need someone to catch the ball out of the backfield and do some damage with ball in hand. We were basically last in the league in YAC last year - HD is off an ACL, so its up to you. Time to deliver, and get paid like a back with a career 5.3 YPC should.

Edited by FalcoChicquera

5. Sean Weatherspoon. No pressure kid, but I want you to be to this defense was Lewis was to Baltimore's. Make us proud young man. I'm buying your jersey before the season. Make that the best investment I ever make please.

4. Dunta Robinson. There are a lot of dollars weighing down on his shoulders, a lot of pressure from us too, and he needs to deal with it. Show me some shutouts, show me some picks, and don't let any big ones go past you and you're good.

3. Jamaal Anderson. I'm not expecting miracles. Most people don't get four chances though, so don't **** this one up. Give us something to be thankful for.

2. Michael Jenkins. I actually think most of you underrate the guy way too hard. That said, if HD stays healthy and Jenk doesn't rise up, we're gonna have a new No. 2 come January.

1. Matt Ryan. He's already proven he's gonna be a very good QB at this level. This year, however, we'll learn if he's not just a good QB, but an elite one; if he's Peyton, not Phil Rivers. A place in the stars awaits you sir, take a seat. Rise up.

1. Mularkey: Really mike? A trick play deep in our own territory with a chance to knock off N.O. late in the game...really?

2. DR23: You got the money now go show us you deserve it.

3. KB71: Please take JA98's spot on the end Kroy...I'll be your best friend.

4. JA55: Just do what you did in '09. I know you still can be he Predator

5. JN32: We need that home run threat you provide for at least 14 games Norwood. Do what it takes to stay healthy man.

In conclusion: Go Falcons!

Edit: I have given up on JA98 as a DE

FalcoChicquera - I couldn't agree MORE w/your selection of BVG, and specifically what you said about him. I am still wondering if the rest of the board thinks he has what he needs now to execute. Last year, the talk was that he didn't have the talent in place to do what he needs to do. That said, he earns my #1 spot:

1- BVG

2- JA98

3- ?? KR/PR Not sure who it will be, but we need a play maker to rise up and become a game-changer on STs.

4- Peria Jerry (will he even play? We definitely need a better push up the middle, whoever ends up in this spot)

5- Jerious

Try to limit your picks to 5 for brevity, please.

Mine are not in specific order either.

1. Michael Turner - When Turner is healthy and playing his game - he is THE key to our success. Let's face it - the Falcons are a running team and our O-Line is built for the run. If we do not succeed in rushing - then we will not get to post season play. Unless our O-Line miraculously develops the ability to form a pocket for our passer - then we must be true to who we are - a power running team - and it all starts with Turner. By the way, I'm a huge Snelling fan - but he is not Turner - and while I think he is great for changing up the action - he is not a TD machine like Turner. No - Turner must Rise Up if we are going to go far this year.

2. William Moore - He desperately needs to stay healthy, rise up and be successful this year. Our strong safety spot is mediocre at best. We need a strong talent there - someone to work opposite DeCoud (with a sprinkling of Coleman in the mix). While I think this year may be critical for him - it is also critical for us - we need to strengthen our entire backfield - and he is one of the keys to doing that.

3. Peria Jerry - I can't stress enough how much we missed this guy during the year. You can say - hey he only played a couple of games - and it's true - but we missed him the rest of the year. Our ends suffered and the pass rush suffered because he wasn't there. We need him to rise up and play the entire year taking up 2 guys and pushing that pocket to the breaking point. Abe needs him, Bierman needs him - we need him. Rise up Peria - and give us some push on the line!

4. Dunta Robinson - it is not a secret to us or the NFL that our weakest spot last year was at corner. This move should make that a strength for us. Dunta, you got the big money and you got to come home. Now, it's time for you to rise up and make the DB's a feared group for the QB's facing our defense. Help develop our young corners and give us some relief from the dreaded 3rd down conversion!!!! PLEASE - Rise up Dunta!

5. Matt Ryan - 3rd year Ryan - and you are maturing and developing into an "elite" QB. Rise up this year and lead us to the Promise Land!!!! Be the field general we all know you can be and take the underneath route til it's taken away from you ( :lol: ).

I didn't list Jamaal Anderson because I'm just goint to wait and see on him. I don't know whether to be hopeful or afraid. I liked what they did with him last year - moving him inside during certain plays and I like what he brings to the run - now let's see how he ends the year - DE or OUT.

Honorable Mentions: John Abraham (although I think Peria is the key here), Harry Douglas (hoping he can stay healthy and returns to his old form), Michael Jenkins (one of our greatest blockers - please, Mike - hold the ball.)

RISE UP--Micheal Jenks, help out roddy

RISE UP--Norwood, help out turner

RISE UP--Matt ryan, face of the franchise, third year, shut non believers up

RISE UP--J. Abraham-- Squeeze the rest of what you have out the next couple of years

RISE UP-- The better two of Grimes or Owens. I dont want anything left on the field or questions. I want a solid winner for the LCB

RISE UP--Matt Bryant, I cant even recall the last time I felt comfortable with the Falcons lining up for a Field goal. Please dont disappoint.

1) Chevous Jackson-Time to shine or go ride the pine somewhere else.

2) Somebody on the Oline-There has been too much debate about the weakest link but with two mid round picks on board the heat is on.

3) Dunta Robinson-He is this year's big FA aquisition. He has the world weighing on his shoulders with a lot of money to boot.

4) Kicker

5) Peria Jerry-1st round pick who went down with injuries. He should have a slightly better edge experience wise than Peters and hopefully it is not a lingering injury. The fact that the Falcons did not pick up a new DE with such a horrible pass rush means a lot is riding on Jerry's contribution.

1. Matt Ryan - Obviously if Matt Ryan rises up and uses all of his options, our offense will be VERY difficult to stop. He has pass catching options in White/Jenkins/Gonzo/Douglas/Meier/Weems/Norwood/Snelling. If he begins to pick defenses apart this year by taking what they give him and not necessarily trying to dictate the defense, then he can light things up. I honestly see Ryan turning the corner and becoming at least a Phillip Rivers type QB. Utilize all of his receivers besides just TG/White = success for our offense.

2. Michael Turner - He is coming back with a chip on his shoulder. He admitted to slacking off last offseason which lead to a subpar year with a serious injury to boot. He was fat and out of shape. That isn't Michael Turner. This year he came back lean and ready as ever. He had paid his dues behind LT too long to waste his opportunity now. If he and Ryan rise to the consistent Pro Bowl level of play they are capable of, along with Roddy and Gonzo, we could have a more potent offense than the Saints. (i.e. 49ers game all year long)

3. William Moore - A secondary that consists of all TRUE tacklers in DRob/DeCoud/Moore/Owens would be formidable. Coleman/Grimes problem is open field tackling (which I believe will lead to them being back-ups/nickel players). Moore has all the talent in the world. He has his old teammate with him in Spoon to bring more motivation. I doubt he wants to still be on the sideline while Spoon takes over midseason in his Rookie year. He knows the playbook, he has watched film, he has the mental aspect. Now let it shine on the field.

4. Jamaal Anderson - Not at the DE position but at the DT position. Remember: when he got to Arkansas he was a WR converted to DE because he was getting too big. He became dominant there... in college. Now he is in the pros and won't stop growing. Another position change coupled with coaxing that growth into muscle weight could be a blessing in disuise. Remember, the kid is only 24 YO. That's younger than both Moore/Jerry. He has 4 years of experiencing everything that doesn't work. His short time at DT was actually a lot more promising than we all expected. Although he only produced a .5 sack, he showed constant push when given the opportunity. Most DTs don't get a lot of sacks anyway (ask Walker/TJ). Babs is a Pro Bowler so you obviously can't throw him in the mix. We already know he can stop the run with the best of em; I just hope JA98 can rotate well and help push the pocket with Babs/Jerry/Peters.

5. Jerious Norwood - I love this kid. I know he is very capable (as seen in '08). It is just last season was injury plagued (as was the WHOLE ENTIRE team). I wouldn't go calling him injury prone yet. Before last year, he only missed 3 games. Don't forget that people. Yall call him injury prone, but don't call Abe injury prone anymore... I think that is an unfair judgment. We had injuries to everybody on the team (I think the football gods actually blessed us with some of those injuries to shine light on depth players like Snelling/Owens, who wouldn't have gotten the opportunity if it weren't for injuries). Norwood is a home run threat. Now he will be regulated to 3rd down situations to take more of the bruising off of him and his hip as well. In '08 he gave us 6 TD's. Last year, it sunk to 1. I think if he gets us about 3 rec TDs and 1 or 2 rushing TDs. I will be happy. I just want him to be a backfield receiving threat to make teams pay for blitzing like Thomas/Bush made us pay when we blitzed Brees.

Honorable Mention: Nicholas (more comfortable at SLB), BVG (aggresive), Mularkey (take leash off), Baker (consistency), Blalock (all around)

Rise Up

1. BVG and the Entire Defense - BVG now has more talent this year than he ever had no more excuses. It is time the defense carry it's own weight, we have young talent sprinked it with some old heads, time to get pressure and consistently get turnovers, not just the 1st 4 games and last 4 games of the season

2. The Entire Oline - Turner's holes were there like last year and Ryan had too many people around him - Time to Rise UP 4 real

3. Mike Jenkins - No comments necessary

4. Jerious Norwood - Time to rise up because if you dont you wont get paid and the Falcons needs your speed and explosivness on that field not on the sideline

5. Matt Ryan - The team will only go as far as you take us Matty Ice

My list is above - but I just wanted to add:

The Fans - Rise Up Falcon Fans. Let's outnumber the enemy in our own house! Let's be loud and roudy when the Defense is on the field and quiet as a mouse when the O is marching. Let's be ready for action at kickoff and still strong and loud when the 4th quarter clock hits zero! Let's give the enemy something else to fear when they come to the Dome. Let us Unite this year and help march our Birds to the Big Game!!!!

GO FALCONS! RISE UP!

My list is above - but I just wanted to add:

The Fans - Rise Up Falcon Fans. Let's outnumber the enemy in our own house! Let's be loud and roudy when the Defense is on the field and quiet as a mouse when the O is marching. Let's be ready for action at kickoff and still strong and loud when the 4th quarter clock hits zero! Let's give the enemy something else to fear when they come to the Dome. Let us Unite this year and help march our Birds to the Big Game!!!!

GO FALCONS! RISE UP!

I also Want to ADD something

Taco Mac in the Dome- Time to Rise UP

It was numerous times that i was looking foward to my customary pre-game meal but was not able to enjoy those scrumptous wings because your Credit CArd Machine wasnt functioning properly. I want to be able to Rise up as a Fan and that is hard to do on a empty stomach.

Edited by Jaymadd

I also Want to ADD something

Taco Mac in the Dome- Time to Rise UP

It was numerous times that i was looking foward to my customary pre-game meal but was not able to enjoy those scrumptous wings because your Credit CArd Machine wasnt functioning properly. I want to be able to Rise up as a Fan and that is hard to do on a empty stomach.

:lol:

It would be hard to RISE UP with no wings!