NFC South Predictions

vel

I know this was posted on the infamous Bleacher's but I couldn't resist posting this after seeing the Saints were predicted to win 16-1! LMFAO!!

Atlanta Falcons (6-10)

Absolute Record: 6-10

The 2009 Atlanta Falcons could be a health care epidemic by themselves. The team's 2008 playoff pedestal started to crumble when both Matt Ryan and Michael Tuner caught the injury bug. Matty Ice (I thought it was too early to give him a nickname and a razor blade commercial) was nagged by turf toe the second half of the season and his play on the field showed the effects. He threw 14 interceptions in his 14 games. The "Burner's" production hit the skids in '09. From 1,699 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns two seasons ago to 871 yards and ten scores in 2009, Turner recently admitted to SI he got too fat last season. That added weight, plus 376 carries in 2008, and his body, more specifically his ankle, gave out. The tender ankle residing at the bottom of the beast muted Turner's explosiveness that made him so dangerous in 2008.

Most Significant Newcomer: Dunta Robinson, CB- The Falcons' rush defense ranked in the Top 10 in 2009, only letting up 106.8 yard per game and forcing 12 fumbles (3rd best). Their secondary was sub-par and was ranked 28th in total yards allowed through the air, while conceding 25 touchdowns compared to 15 interceptions. Robinson joins the Falcons after spending the past six seasons with the Texans. This guy should shore up the pass defense. He will join guys like Jamaal Anderson, Jonathan Babineaux, and John Abraham, who have laid the foundation for the Atlanta defense.

Biggest Strength: Offense- Matt Ryan to Roddy White is becoming a regular occurrence on Sundays. The sixth-year wide-out continues to fly below the radar of upper echelon receivers, but racked up over 1000 yards receiving and caught 11 touchdown passes in 2009. The return of fellow wide-out Harry Douglas could benefit Ryan and White as the Falcons missed having a No. 2 option in the passing game (though Mike Jenkins did his best). Douglas will sway double-teams away from White and provide Ryan a trio of aerial weapons (White, Douglas and Tony Gonzalez ). The Falcons also have insurance if Turner's health comes into question; Jerious Norwood and Jason Snelling have proven themselves worthy of playing time should the situation arise.

Most Exploitable Weakness: Health - Injuries to Ryan and Turner forced the Falcons to take two monster steps back in 2009. The franchise needs both commodities on the field to have any crack of making the playoffs. I'm sorry, but Chris Redman , John Parker Wilson, and D-J Shockley will not be leading you into January. After missing last season, Douglas' playmaking ability will be questioned early on, but the team is high on this guys upside. You can dock me two points for using the term "upside." I tried my best.

Possible Fantasy Sleeper: Harry Douglas, WR- Returning from a torn ACL in football is like heading back to the office after an intense fight with you boss. You are hesitant and anxious, yet still stoked that you have a job. Douglas missed all of 2008 when it was thought he and White were ready to do some serious damage down field. He may have to battle Michael Jenkins early on for playing time, but if he can build on what he did in 2008 (23 receptions, 320 yards), Douglas could be a steal in later rounds.

Closest Game: Week 1 vs Steelers (Avg. Score 17-16 - Steelers)

Fantasy Notables: Matt Ryan (22nd) 3387 yds, 17 TDs, 18 INTs; Michael Turner (13th) 1261 rush yds, 11 TDs (total); Roddy White (15th) 1137 rec. yds, 5 TDs; Tony Gonzalez (10th) 729 rec. yds, 4 TDs; Matt Bryant (29th) 21-34 FGs, 29 XPs

2010 Atlanta Falcons

Week Opponent Win% Avg Score

1 @Pittsburgh Steelers 50 16-17

2 Arizona Cardinals 59 19-14

3 @New Orleans Saints 9 14-32

4 San Francisco 49ers 42 16-17

5 @Cleveland Browns 56 19-18

6 @Philadelphia Eagles 12 12-29

7 Cincinnati Bengals 33 16-19

9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 73 23-13

10 Baltimore Ravens 16 13-23

11 @St. Louis Rams 71 21-15

12 Green Bay Packers 8 12-28

13 @Tampa Bay Buccaneers 68 19-16

14 @Carolina Panthers 17 13-27

15 @Seattle Seahawks 57 18-17

16 New Orleans Saints 15 17-28

17 Carolina Panthers 22 15-24

Notice he has Ryan throwing 17 TD's and 18 INTs. LMAO didn't know he turned into Cutler on us already!

Edited by vel