I just re-watched the 1998 NFC Championship game

Ranger 69

I've got the complete 1998 NFC Championship game on DVD (including the post game show). Feeling a bit nostalgic, I decided to go ahead and watch the game.

In my opinion, the Falcons winning that game was the best moment in Atlanta Falcon history..! (so far...)

The 98 Vikings looked unstoppable. They had a record of 15-1 and had the highest scoring offense in NFL history (at the time). The Falcons were the only 14-2 team to ever play a playoff on the road and were 14 point underdogs.

Even though the Falcons took the opening kickoff and drove for a TD, the Vikings followed up with three consecutive scores and it looked like they were going to take over the game like they had done all season. But the Falcons didn't give up. They clawed and fought their way back into the game and eventually won it against all odds.

Toward the end of the game, I was feeling the same excitement that I felt when I watched the game live. When Morton Anderson kicked the winning FG and the Falcons went wild celebrating on the field, it brought the same tears of joy that I had back in 1998.

I am hoping that the current Falcon's team will top that moment with a Super Bowl win real soon...!!!

I've got the complete 1998 NFC Championship game on DVD (including the post game show). Feeling a bit nostalgic, I decided to go ahead and watch the game.

In my opinion, the Falcons winning that game was the best moment in Atlanta Falcon history..! (so far...)

The 98 Vikings looked unstoppable. They had a record of 15-1 and had the highest scoring offense in NFL history (at the time). The Falcons were the only 14-2 team to ever play a playoff on the road and were 14 point underdogs.

Even though the Falcons took the opening kickoff and drove for a TD, the Vikings followed up with three consecutive scores and it looked like they were going to take over the game like they had done all season. But the Falcons didn't give up. They clawed and fought their way back into the game and eventually won it against all odds.

Toward the end of the game, I was feeling the same excitement that I felt when I watched the game live. When Morton Anderson kicked the winning FG and the Falcons went wild celebrating on the field, it brought the same tears of joy that I had back in 1998.

I am hoping that the current Falcon's team will top that moment with a Super Bowl win real soon...!!!

Great moment in Falcon history ! I don't reckon you would know where I could buy a copy would ya ?

FYI: There was one play by the Falcons where Tim Dwight lined up at the QB spot while Cris Chandler lined up at the HB position. The ball was snapped directly to Tim Dwight and he ran for a good gain and 1st down. (He was tackled by his facemask but no penalty was called)

So, was that the first "Wild Cat" formation..? Anyone do it prior to 1998?

I'm just asking...

Edited by Ranger 69