Post game coverage Falcons Extra on Ch 11 always at midnight? Why such little respect by ATL media?

tikibar

I love watching Braves Live IMMEDIATELY after the game with several guys on the spot doing the show live. Falcons Extra is typically on Ch 11 around 1130-midnight (OR whenever the slot actually occurs...sometimes even a dvr will even miss it if a game runs over and it gets bumped from the time slot) during the season when most of us are asleep.

It's rough enough that we have one of the world's worst newspapers giving solid coverage ONLY when the team is going deep in the playoffs, but the tv media is clearly capable of doing a live show when we yearn to watch it-IMMEDIATELY after the game when people are actually awake to watch it (Braves Live coverage on FSS is cool). Thank goodness for DVRs: I like watching Falcons Extra, but it's simply ridiculous how poor the effort is.

Why do the Falcons endorse Falcons Extra being broadcast in an unreliable time slot that so few people are able to watch live? Anyone else feel this way?

Edited by tikibar

Guest Gritz

I love watching Braves Live IMMEDIATELY after the game with several guys on the spot doing the show live. Falcons Extra is typically on Ch 11 around 1130-midnight (OR whenever the slot actually occurs...sometimes even a dvr will even miss it if a game runs over and it gets bumped from the time slot) during the season when most of us are asleep.

It's rough enough that we have one of the world's worst newspapers giving solid coverage ONLY when the team is going deep in the playoffs, but the tv media is clearly capable of doing a live show when we want to watch it-IMMEDIATELY after the game when people are actually awake to watch it (Braves Live coverage on FSS is cool). Thank goodness for DVRs: I like watching Falcons Extra, but it's simply ridiculous how poor the effort is.

Why do the Falcons endorse Falcons Extra being broadcast in a time slot that so few people are able to watch live? Anyone else feel this way?

I feel ya, but I'm guessing that all of these local affiliates probably have contractual obligations to show the network postgame programs and second half of doubleheader games.

Probably something along those lines......

It's rough enough that we have one of the world's worst newspapers giving solid coverage ONLY when the team is going deep in the playoffs, but the tv media is clearly capable of doing a live show when we want to watch it-IMMEDIATELY after the game when people are actually awake to watch it (Braves Live coverage on FSS is cool). Thank goodness for DVRs: I like watching Falcons Extra, but it's simply ridiculous how poor the effort is.

Why do the Falcons endorse Falcons Extra being broadcast in a time slot that so few people are able to watch live? Anyone else feel this way?

Arthur needs to buy up all the local media like Snyder did in DC. The Skins have sucked for over a decade and it's non-stop year-round coverage here. You have never heard crying until you've heard Skins fans whining about a bad season. There is always something Skins on, and it drives me freaking nuts.

Arthur needs to buy up all the local media like Snyder did in DC. The Skins have sucked for over a decade and it's non-stop year-round coverage here. You have never heard crying until you've heard Skins fans whining about a bad season. There is always something Skins on, and it drives me freaking nuts.

Fox SS is so money with postgame coverage and they aren't owned by the Braves. Nothing's cooler than giving good postgame coverage when people actually want it...not at midnight after everyone's asleep.

It's just puzzling why such mediocrity is endorsed by the Falcons.