Any South Carolina Falcon fans?

I moved to Charleston, SC from Savannah, GA about a year ago and haven't missed any games. I think about 8 games came on local TV here and I either wet to George's B&G to watch the others or was in Georgia and watched them there.

I'm in Charleston as well! Where do you watch the games at?

Also to the Original poster, where in SC are you going?

Since the panthers are in North carolina, do people in South Carolina tend to like the panthers? ;)

I live 2 minutes away from Augusta, GA. I was born and raised a Falcons fan. My father is day one card holder, and i'm 25 years and counting.

Edited by JKH5785

I'm going to be movingg to South Carolina in August for college :rolleyes: I was wondering if any of you live in South Carolina and was also wondering if you miss out on many games because of it.

I lived in the upstate all of my life, had season tickets and loved it. Now living on the coast I love where I live but hated giving up my tickets.

Edited by Xfactor

Since the panthers are in North carolina, do people in South Carolina tend to like the panthers? ;)

This is really a tricky question. If you live in Columbia and the upstate I doubt they even know what NFL stands for due to everyone being Clemson or USC fanatics. For the record Clemson fans are 100 times worse than USC. Most of the Panther fan base is in NC.

Now living on the coast there are a ton of Steeler fans here I mean a lot due to the yanks retiring here. Imo there are a few true Panther fans and even fewer Falcon fans in SC. I've been a Falcon fan since I was a kid in South Carolina and my wife made a comment just the other night commenting " I never hear anyone around the office talk about the Falcons only the Steelers or Cowboys." :angry:

Edited by Xfactor

For the record Clemson fans are 100 times worse than USC.

The Clemson fans say the same thing.

I've been to Death Valley, and Williams Brice countless times, and I can say the game atmosphere in Clemson is 100 times more family oriented than the family atmosphere in Columbia.

I'm a Georgia fan, so it was just an unbiased observation

Edited by JKH5785

I've lived in the upstate (Easley/Greenville/Clemson area) almost my entire life. I'm about two hours away from the dome. I don't let it effect me from watching the games. My buddies have direct TV with NFL Ticket, or I find it online. That is, if the game isn't on FOX, of course.

For some reason in the North Augusta/Greenwood SC area the Falcons are the local game and are usually showing on Sunday's. For the rest of the state we're left scrambling to find it online or drop big bucks on the NFL ticket with DirecTV. Most folks in the Upstate area seem to be Panther's fans with a smattering of all other teams mixed in for good measure. Falcons fans are definately in the minority.

For some reason in the North Augusta/Greenwood SC area the Falcons are the local game and are usually showing on Sunday's. For the rest of the state we're left scrambling to find it online or drop big bucks on the NFL ticket with DirecTV. Most folks in the Upstate area seem to be Panther's fans with a smattering of all other teams mixed in for good measure. Falcons fans are definately in the minority.

Really? Interesting. I thought the whole state was Panthers. Regardless, it's all Panthers up here unless we're playing at different times or channels. Since I've been in college in my apartment, and if it's not on TV, I usually just find it somewhere online. Not the best quality, but it works.

North Augusta/Augusta here! Falcons time, all the time! :)

The Clemson fans say the same thing.

I've been to Death Valley, and Williams Brice countless times, and I can say the game atmosphere in Clemson is 100 times more family oriented than the family atmosphere in Columbia.

I'm a Georgia fan, so it was just an unbiased observation

I agree the game experience in Death Valley is better but the fans outside the stadium are not. -_-

The way Clemson handles the fans getting into the stadium is a joke. You have a bunch of Clemson students running around, screaming to be let in for two hours. Just a crowd of flunkies running around outside of the east stands in the street. Very annoying. At Carolina, there is hardly ever a line until a few minutes before kickoff, and everyone moves in nice and easy. Much less chaotic, and, of course, tailgating at any SEC event is head and shoulders better than the rest.

There is a Falcons bar in Charleston called George's and they have a good turnout every week of Falcons fans. My sister lives down there and I go watch a couple of games during the season with her at George's.

I'm in Myrtle Beach and we usually only get the 2 games against the panthers and maybe 2 or 3 more at the most when they aren't on at the same time as the panthers or they are playing an AFC team on CBS.

Like one of the other posters said there are a lot of yankees that retire down here, mostly Steelers and Giants fans. You see a few panthers fans every now and then but not many.

I have DirecTV now with the Ticket but before that I was usually at a sports bar on Sundays to catch the games. You shouldn't have trouble finding a sports bar showing the Falcons game.

Welcome to SC!

Yeah if you are in Columbia of Myrtle Beach areas you are going to be the Panthers as your local game each week. It seems the Falcons are almost always second in line if the Panthers are off or playing in a different time zone. Plenty of bars to go watch the birds at though.