New season ticket holder & new to the boards

I am now officially a season ticket holder of the Atlanta Falcons. This has been a dream of mine for a long time now but hard to make come true due to the fact that I live in Virginia. I have followed the Falcons since 1991, been to a live Falcons game every year since the 1999 playoff game against the 49ers. I bleed red and black and can smell the success of a Super Bowl (dare I say multiple) around the corner.

The message boards have been a great source of information for an out of state Falcons fan. The boards have kept me busy over the last few years, reading all the different subject matter that everyone takes the time to post. I thought what a perfect time to join all my fellow Falcons fans on these boards, with the addition of myself to the season ticket holder base.

The wife and I plan on trying to get down to Atlanta for 3-4 games this season but we always try to see the Falcons play on the road if we can make it based on money and schedules. This year we will be in Pittsburgh for opening day, with the no huddle of Matt Ryan, Michael Turner dragging opponents, Tony Gonzalez 1000th catch, and this new improved D that I'm so excited to see this year stuffing the run and making a pick 6.

Welcome, friend. I started following the Falcons around '89, so we've been there for awhile now!

I've always said to the newcomers (as it turns out, I'm "pretty new" myself :ph34r: )that this place is kind of like the Cantina from Star Wars...many will try to kill you here, but a lot of us will also have your back.

Have to decide which games I will be going to first. There are a few really good games this year at home against the 49ers, Packers, Ravens and Saints. I wish I could go to all of them but I guess I will have to go through ticketmaster to sell the rest. Section 111 Row 11

The drive is about 8 hours from Richmond VA, I used to live in Northern VA so that made the drive around 10 hours. Maybe every few years I can move a few hours closer to Atlanta, lol. This might be the only time I agree with a bucs fan but yeah, anyone who doesn't support the red and black seems really, really weird to me. I have to admit one of the better feelings last year was when we swept them bucs...the last second touchdown by Redman, ouch that had to sting for a bucs fan, losing at the last second and then the slap in the face of it being the backup QB. Then of course the last game, what a great win to break the curse, made even sweeter by it being against a rival. :D

The drive is about 8 hours from Richmond VA, I used to live in Northern VA so that made the drive around 10 hours. Maybe every few years I can move a few hours closer to Atlanta, lol. This might be the only time I agree with a bucs fan but yeah, anyone who doesn't support the red and black seems really, really weird to me. I have to admit one of the better feelings last year was when we swept them bucs...the last second touchdown by Redman, ouch that had to sting for a bucs fan, losing at the last second and then the slap in the face of it being the backup QB. Then of course the last game, what a great win to break the curse, made even sweeter by it being against a rival. :D

Way to fall right into the grove my man. 5th post and already rubbing it in to the Buc fans. Gotta love it.

.............here's a +1 on both your post to get you started.

That's something we'll be building off of this year...the Aints are next on the list! Time to chop the legs off these suckas man.

Thanks for the +1 on both, hard being in VA with no smack to talk to anyone. Skins fans up this way think every year they are going to the Super Bowl just cause their owner Synder thinks he can buy them one with free agents. We all saw how well that worked out last year with Haynesworth when he played against us, couple offsides on the first drive I believe and his oh so scary face on the sideline before the game. Everybody else is a Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles or Giants fan up this way. Good to finally talk some smack to a division rival, lol.

If you and your wife need a place to tailgate, the wife, both kids and I are always in the parking lot at 8 am for 1 pm games and 11 am for 4 pm games. Let us know before hand. My wife always prepares themed meals based on the city we are playing (Grilled pizza for Chicago, Cheesesteaks for Philly, Gumbo or jumbalaya for New Orleans, Ribs for Carolina, etc...). We are in Lot A, just outside the Marta Station entrance and always have 2 tarps up with plenty of room.

If you and your wife need a place to tailgate, the wife, both kids and I are always in the parking lot at 8 am for 1 pm games and 11 am for 4 pm games. Let us know before hand. My wife always prepares themed meals based on the city we are playing (Grilled pizza for Chicago, Cheesesteaks for Philly, Gumbo or jumbalaya for New Orleans, Ribs for Carolina, etc...). We are in Lot A, just outside the Marta Station entrance and always have 2 tarps up with plenty of room.

+1 for the good southern hospitality. We usually stay at the Omni so we can just walk to the Dome plus I don't have to worry about parking since I leave my truck in their parking garage. Food does sound good though, I will have to make sure to stop by and say whats up.

:) I'm sure sweeping us last year was the highlight of your year considering how often it happens! :P )kinda like a rare flower that only bloomes once every 5years or so....) anywho, please hang to that feeling for as long as you can cause Joshie Pooh has got somethin for y'all. trust me, I've never lied to you before. :)

I like him already, make your way down to Rivel central sometime.

:) I'm sure sweeping us last year was the highlight of your year considering how often it happens! :P )kinda like a rare flower that only bloomes once every 5years or so....) anywho, please hang to that feeling for as long as you can cause Joshie Pooh has got somethin for y'all. trust me, I've never lied to you before. :)

I like him already, make your way down to Rivel central sometime.

Only a bucs fan would compare football and flowers together but I will indulge you because the Falcons will be like a rose which to my knowledge blooms every year and has lots of thorns (Ryan, Turner, White, Tony G, ahh the list is way to long for me to type everyone) but all those thorns will be in your side for the next decade, I see sweep after sweep every year.....and more power to you if you want to refer to your QB as POOH, LOL :P

Edited by bigdogg2277