Starting Right CB Job Is Wide Open

ProFootballWeekly's Dan Parr reports that the Falcons' starting right cornerback job is "wide open".

$57-million free agent signee Dunta Robinson is expected to play a shutdown role at left corner. On the other side of the field, Williams is considered the early favorite, although he is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered in Week Six of 2009. Other candidates include Chevis Jackson, Chris Owens, and Brent Grimes, who led the Falcons with six interceptions last season.

Edited by Clark Kent

If I was a betting man, id put my money on it ending up like this..rcb-owens, nickel-grimes, dime-williams....franks and jackson make it on the team and contribute butthose are my top 4 going into week 1

C'mon man no need to be bringing that up!

I got 18 more years til I'm 50 and have to deal with the "clense".

:P :lol:

I think everybody is bored and its going to be like that at least until training camp...preseason is when ill be unbored again!

Agreed. Then it'll be "Robinson just got burned by Roddy....Oh nooooooooooo....TD blew it!"

LOL!

:wacko:

Edited by Goal Line D

Chevis Jackson is a candidate to be released more than he is a potential starter.

Very possible if he doesn't show much in TC. We have other nickle backs, and with the addition of Franks, I think Chevis might be in trouble. I think he is too slow to be anything other than a nickle back. He is also at the bottom of my imagined depth chart.

ProFootballWeekly's Dan Parr reports that the Falcons' starting right cornerback job is "wide open".

$57-million free agent signee Dunta Robinson is expected to play a shutdown role at left corner. On the other side of the field, Williams is considered the early favorite, although he is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered in Week Six of 2009. Other candidates include Chevis Jackson, Chris Owens, and Brent Grimes, who led the Falcons with six interceptions last season.

Parr's complete article as follows:

Falcons’ RCB battle wide open

Posted July 15, 2010 @ 11:27 a.m. ET

By Dan Parr

The Falcons will have at least four players competing for the starting job at right cornerback in training camp, and this is a legitimate battle. Ninth-year veteran Brian Williams is considered the front-runner to win the job by some observers, assuming his knee doesn't give him any problems. He was a starter in 2009 before tearing his ACL in Week Six. Brent Grimes, who made 14 starts for Atlanta over the past two seasons, and Chris Owens, who started six games as a rookie in '09, cannot be counted out, however. Grimes led the Falcons with six interceptions last season and the coaching staff has been enamored with his athleticism. Owens probably fits best as a nickel back, but he hasn't hit his full potential yet and is capable of putting up a fight. The other contender, Chevis Jackson, began last season behind Williams, Grimes and Owens on the depth chart and he's a long shot to start.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/07/15/falcons-rcb-battle-wide-open

Not meaning to dis your thread Clark but I'm just wondering if anyone else around here is bored to death with our CB debates?

:huh:

I'm bored about everything basically. I'm just itching for some football to start. I've been in the Talk about the Atlanta Braves section mostly.