Democrats offer to help put stop to illegal border crossings

IceStone

Can we fix our own borders first please. K thanks.

I guess they aren't worried about racial profiling in the middle east. :lol:

Link

ABU DHABI — The United States government which has difficulty controlling its own borders, has agreed to help Saudi Arabia secure

its dangerous border areas near Yemen.

"It is a very rough border, very difficult to protect from illegal crossings," U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said.

In late May, Ms. Napolitano met Saudi leaders to discuss a range of security programs, including training, joint exercises, intelligence and arms sales. Officials said both the Americans and Saudis agreed that the Iranian-backed Shi'ite insurgency from Yemen was the leading threat to Riyad.

Officials said Riyad and Washington were expanding cooperation in protecting the kingdom's borders from insurgents and smugglers, Middle East Newsline reported. They said the biggest threat was the Shi'ite insurgency in neighboring Yemen, which shares a 1,600-kilometer border with Saudi Arabia.

Officials acknowledged that thousands of Yemenis were infiltrating Saudi Arabia despite recent border security measures. They said many of the Yemeni infiltrators were smugglers.

"So many of our discussions were about how to protect a very tough, geological, topographical border from illegal crossings," Ms. Napolitano said during a visit to the Saudi kingdom on May 31.

Officials said Saudi Arabia and the United States were also expanding their intelligence exchange. They said the expansion began during the Yemeni Shi'ite war in southern Saudi Arabia in November 2009, which included the capture of two Saudi towns.

"We all share a concern about terrorist activity emanating from Yemen," Ms. Napolitano said. "Actions of the U.S. in Yemen are with the consent, cooperation of the government of Yemen."

Officials said the U.S. military was modernizing the Saudi Arabian National Guard as well as Interior Ministry security forces. They said Riyad has ordered hundreds of millions of dollars worth of air- and ground-based reconnaissance equipment to monitor the desert border with Yemen.

Another area of consultation has been the Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, which operates in both Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Officials said most of the AQAP leadership was comprised of Saudi nationals.

"The security coordination is very strong with Saudi Arabia," Ms. Napolitano said.

I would think the comparison is obviously flawed. Considering that there they have terrorists hopping borders and we have Mexicans crossing the border to do jobs Americans don't want to do. Also, they don't have a Statue of Liberty motto welcoming immigration.

The day we live in a region constantly in a state of war and terror, maybe the comparison would make sense.

I would think the comparison is obviously flawed. Considering that there they have terrorists hopping borders and we have Mexicans crossing the border to do jobs Americans don't want to do. Also, they don't have a Statue of Liberty motto welcoming immigration.

The day we live in a region constantly in a state of war and terror, maybe the comparison would make sense.

How do you know we don't have terrorists crossing the Mexican/US border? Do you also realize that the Mexican town directly across the border from El Paso named Juarez is perhaps one of the most dangerous places on earth?

How do you know we don't have terrorists crossing the Mexican/US border? Do you also realize that the Mexican town directly across the border from El Paso named Juarez is perhaps one of the most dangerous places on earth?

Do we have Mexicans strapping on bombs and running into public places? Are they screaming to destroy us because of an ally?(example of terrorists vowing to destroy any and all allies of Israel and America)

Yea, I don't think so.

Do we have Mexicans strapping on bombs and running into public places? Are they screaming to destroy us because of an ally?(example of terrorists vowing to destroy any and all allies of Israel and America)

Yea, I don't think so.

How do you know it's only Mexicans crossing the borders. Are you saying its impossible for a terrorist to come from another country and cross the Mexican/US border? I don't think so...and I would bet that many have already crossed into the US.

How do you know it's only Mexicans crossing the borders. Are you saying its impossible for a terrorist to come from another country and cross the Mexican/US border? I don't think so...and I would bet that many have already crossed into the US.

Does it surprise you that the Canada border is the most likely place for terrorists to enter?

Show me where terrorists are entering from the Mexican border, please. Otherwise your conclusion is based purely on speculation fueled by party bias.

If I recall correctly, most of the terrorists we know of arrived here through VISA's

Does it surprise you that the Canada border is the most likely place for terrorists to enter?

Show me where terrorists are entering from the Mexican border, please. Otherwise your conclusion is based purely on speculation fueled by party bias.

If I recall correctly, most of the terrorists we know of arrived here through VISA's

Why would you go through Canada when the democrats are inviting you to come from Mexico?

Hold on one sec, let me ask.

WILL ALL TERRORISTS THAT HAVE CROSSED INTO THE US FROM MEXICO PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD!

Thank you.

Why would you go through Canada when the democrats are inviting you to come from Mexico?

WILL ALL TERRORISTS THAT HAVE CROSSED INTO THE US FROM MEXICO PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD!

Thank you.

So you are ignoring that a number of suspected and known terrorists entered through Canada and VISA's? But you want to conclude they are coming from Mexico with no factual basis? :blink:

Again, it is speculation fueled by party bias.

So you are ignoring that a number of suspected and known terrorists entered through Canada and VISA's? But you want to conclude they are coming from Mexico with no factual basis? :blink:

Again, it is speculation fueled by party bias.

It is a fact that it would be very easy for terrorists to cross into the US from the Mexican border considering MILLIONS of people have done it already. Considering the whole point of a terrorists mission is to remain covert until the moment that they strike it is impossible to know. But to say that they don't come across from Mexico and to further use that as an excuse to not secure the border is foolish. But I wouldn't expect anything less from an obamabot.

There is no terrorism in Mexico according to Mojo.

Wait, whats this?

Police: Car bomb in Mexican border town kills 4

Link

(CNN) -- A car bomb killed at least four people in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, authorities said.

It was the first time a car bomb has been used to attack federal police, said the city's mayor, Jose Reyes Ferriz.

The incident happened about 8 p.m. Thursday in the city's most violent zone.

Juarez municipal police spokesman Jacinto Seguro said Friday that federal police were responding to a call that a police officer had been killed.

"When they went to check the car, there was a dead body in there, dressed up like a police officer, but it wasn't one of ours," Seguro said. "They put him in a civilian car but dressed him up in a municipal police uniform. That's when the bomb went off. It's like an act of terrorism."

Two police officers, a paramedic and a civilian were killed, federal police spokesman Ramon Salinas said.

Six people, including a local news cameraman, were injured in the blast, authorities said. Four people -- three paramedics and a civilian -- were still being treated for injuries, police said. It was unclear how severe the injuries are.

Canal 5 video footage from moments of the blast captures seconds of confusion, followed by fires and debris scattered across the street. At one point, the cameraman shooting the video reaches for an injured civilian, and a police officer says, "Grab onto my arm. Grab onto my arm."

Although Mexican authorities say the attack was the result of a car bomb, a counterterrorism expert said there is "some confusion" about exactly what caused the car to explode.

"For this to be an improvised grenade attack, in some capacity, it doesn't surprise me," said Fred Burton, vice president of intelligence at Stratfor, a privately owned global Intelligence service.

But if this particular car bomb was manufactured to the level of sophistication similar to those used by terrorist groups like Hezbollah, then this is a significant event, Burton said.

"The devil is in the details," he added.

According to Seguro, the Juarez cartel claimed the deadly incident in a grafitti message found in downtown Juarez.

In what appears to be black spray paint, the violent drug cartel wrote, "what happened on September avenue will keep happening to all the authorities who keep supporting El Chapo. Sincerely - the Juarez cartel."

The threatening message concluded: "We still have car bombs."

"This is significant because usually it's La Linea, the Juarez cartel's operatives, that sign the messages," Reyes said. "It's as if to say, 'Now, it's the big guys in charge, not the operatives.'"

Salinas said the blast in the Mexican border city took place as authorities were responding to "some sort of emergency."

Earlier in the day, police announced the arrest of Jesus Armando Acosta Guerrero, believed to be a leader in the Juarez cartel -- one of two drug trafficking organizations operating in the area.

There had been relative calm in the city since elections were held there July 4.

But Thursday's explosion and an attack Sunday against Mexican federal police mark the third and fourth major incidents in recent weeks.

On June 29, a shooting between suspected drug traffickers and Mexican federal police left one officer dead. The shooting was seen as a watershed moment in the ongoing border drug war: Several bullets from that gunfight strayed across the border into Texas, hitting El Paso City Hall. There were no injuries reported on the U.S. side.

On April 24, six federal police officers were killed in a daylight shooting in Juarez. Hours later, a painted message found in the city, allegedly from members of La Linea, claimed responsibility for the attack. La Linea is an extension of the Juarez cartel, made up in part of former Juarez police officers, according to authorities.

Assaults against federal police have increased since they took full control of security in the city from the Mexican military on April 9.

"There have been at least a dozen, maybe 15, attacks against the federal police since we took over" security, Salinas said.

The Juarez cartel and the Sinaloa cartel have been in a bloody turf war since 2008. More than 5,000 people have been killed in drug-related violence in Juarez during the turf war, according to local authorities.

Thank you.

You have to ask the terrorist what came through canada with legal visa's.

Mojo is 100% right about this.

you can speculate all you want but the FACt is people who did horrible vile things came through the canada side, that had all legal papers.

But feel free to continue the partisan dooshery

There is no terrorism in Mexico according to Mojo.

Wait, whats this?

Police: Car bomb in Mexican border town kills 4

Link

he never said there was no terrorism in mexico simply that most people who come over are in search of a better life and wan to work.

Which is no doubt the case. Violence happens EVERYWHERE.

You have to ask the terrorist what came through canada with legal visa's.

Mojo is 100% right about this.

you can speculate all you want but the FACt is people who did horrible vile things came through the canada side, that had all legal papers.

But feel free to continue the partisan dooshery

Fact is they could easily cross into the US from Mexico.

he never said there was no terrorism in mexico simply that most people who come over are in search of a better life and wan to work.

Which is no doubt the case. Violence happens EVERYWHERE.

You could say the exact same thing for people crossing into Saudi Arabia.

You could say the exact same thing for people crossing into Saudi Arabia.

the difference is the people going into Saudi are people who are trained to actually want to do harm to the US as a whole..

most of the violence around the mexican border revolves about one thing........ money.

there are very different scenarios.

the difference is the people going into Saudi are people who are trained to actually want to do harm to the US as a whole..

most of the violence around the mexican border revolves about one thing........ money.

there are very different scenarios.

Its the same thing. No difference.

really?? so some one going to a country to make a better life for themselves and their family and a person going into another country to par take in terrorist activities are the same thing?

REALLY??

Are you saying that everyone who is crossing the border into Saudi Arabia is a terrorist?

Are you saying that everyone who is crossing the border into Saudi Arabia is a terrorist?

I am saying Yemen has a far greater history of terroristic activity then mexico does. and That we are fighting a war in that region, and that particular part again has a long history to terroristic activity.

If you can not see an OBVIOUS difference, well then I am sorry for you.

I am saying Yemen has a far greater history of terroristic activity then mexico does. and That we are fighting a war in that region, and that particular part again has a long history to terroristic activity.

If you can not see an OBVIOUS difference, well then I am sorry for you.

Tell that to people who live in straight fear in LA with the gangs there and the MS13. They are terrorists too. they don't kill in masses but they strike fear to their lands their claim. FACT is, we have criminals crossing the border, EVERY TIME an illegal crosses the border. It makes them criminal. To label whether they are terrorists or criminals is absurd. BUT, criminals (other than it being criminal crossing over the border in the first place) cross over the border. Then, when they do dirt here, commit a crime HERE, they run back across the border to Mexico until things cool down, get a new identity and come back but to a different state or region. Stop being naive.

I can't fix a roof to states over and pay bills for worlds away before I have my own house in order. To justify it by saying terrorists are in Saudi Arabia, well then we attacked the wrong country in the first place because there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq BEFORE the Iraq invasion. There was little to no terrorism in Iraq, coming FROM Iraq. Saddam wasn't having that. Now, to invade Kuwait was his mission. So you want to defend saving Saudi when that's where I think 13 of the 19 terrorists were from, then we should've declared war on them (No we shouldn't, just using your logic that that's where the terrorists are and that's what the wars are about...terrorism).

I have a major issue with illegal immigration. NO OTHER COUNTRY tolerates illegal immigration and justify it with the quality of life statement. It's one thing to be land of the free...but it's another to give away everything to illegals free and don't even properly take care of your own.

And to state to do the jobs that Americans won't do REALLY offends me. My cousin is a certified electrician AND foreman for a construction company that knows how to do pretty much EVERYTHING on a construction job site, even operate heavy machinery. He knows how to lay foundation and concrete, how to do the structure of the buildings (beams and walls), how to do roofing, drywall, lay flooring to include tiles, hardwood, and carpets, some plumbing but is certified with low-voltage and high voltage electricity and run fiber optics and just about any other wiring there is. BUT he is out of a job. Has taken two paycuts to find other work but ALWAYS gets laid off while Mexicans are still on the job. Is there a credential issue or illegal issue, I don't know. I do know that he has stated that some cannot speak English, but he can speak Spanish fluidly from working with them so long and so much. He has been in the business for 19 years and is only 38. Someone coming from another country to undercut a citizens' salary and benefits to do the job is not legitimate or valid. If you say it is the American way, it is the illegal way. Why? It allows companies to hire illegals. Which makes that illegal. If you use ANYTHING illegal or invalid to accomplish something, it makes that practice, whatever it is ILLEGAL. Am I wrong/ Just askn!! Don't be naive.

I and my in-laws are from Tifton, GA. They work in the fields, TO THIS DAY. The strawberry fields, peanut mills, picking pecans, and tobacco fields. Almost a third of the family does this. The main two are the peanut mills and tobacco fields. Some of their friends have been laid off to make way for illegals. I KNOW they are illegals because my in-laws have befriended them. Do back-breaking, hot work day-to-day with someone will make you get to know them. And they are not prejudice, but they do acknowledge the injustice. To say what Americans will or will not do is asinine. Just because YOU will not do it does not mean other Americans will not. Because YOU will not work in a fast food restaurant due to pride or status does not mean the next American will. That is ignorant and ignorance to say the least and to say it pleasantly. My friend used to work for Georgia Vegetable in South Georgia until he was let go for a Mexican. They clean and pack fruits and vegetables at this location. These are real life stories and testimony to dispute and refute your statements. None of this is made up.

To justify they just want to work is ignorant because VISA's allow that. There are paths and ways to do just that LEGALLY. So what is the justification and reason for going about it illegally. If I steal money and I say, "I just want to have some money for my family to provide for them." Is that justified? Especially if I'm perfectly able to work and earn a living, LEGALLY. I'm just stating facts and truth.