What does the write for profootballtalk.com have against Kerry Meier? Wow.

southga08

While not slamming, definitely no flattery either.

At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds with 4.6 to 4.7 speed, however, Meier isn't going to be a dynamic player in the pros. In Atlanta, he may need to learn to play special teams just to avoid final cuts.

I don't know, 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds with 4.6 to 4.7 speed sounds like the makings of a good player to me.

where is the "slamming" part at?? Because he said he wasnt going to be a dynamic player does mean he slammed him. I mean its not like we are talking about a 1st rounder here.

I think he's thinking about the dig about the 40 time and the Special Teams comment. Finn has played ST his whole career and has been a great WR in clutch moments for both Vick and Ryan. Meier is a very similar, 4.6/40 isn't that far off from what Finn ran in college. If you can get yourself open and catch the ball 40 times are irrelevant.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I assumed he lost his starting job as a QB and he is more of a project in the NFL since he converted. It was a little jabby with the he will have to play special teams to avoid getting cut. The truth is everyone who is not a starter should make a name for themselves on special teams. That's where they get the most playing time while they are developing.

Part of Ashley Lelie's problem was he was not starting material and provided nothing to special teams. He was expendable when there is a better product to replace him with at the WR and special team slots at a much cheaper price.

They're no better or worse than the AJC, they just do more editorials than is really necessary.

I stopped going to the AJC site due to the trolls taking over every blog and no real attempt on the part of the AJC to stop their behavior.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I assumed he lost his starting job as a QB and he is more of a project in the NFL since he converted. It was a little jabby with the he will have to play special teams to avoid getting cut. The truth is everyone who is not a starter should make a name for themselves on special teams. That's where they get the most playing time while they are developing.

Part of Ashley Lelie's problem was he was not starting material and provided nothing to special teams. He was expendable when there is a better product to replace him with at the WR and special team slots at a much cheaper price.

Meier did lose his job BUT he did set a Freshman record for TDs and he had a 57% completion percentage. Unfortuetly a better QB came along and he did the right thing for his team and switched to WR. He was a Biletnikoff Award candidate his SR year, he's not a chump athlete. (Golden Tate won the award in 2009)

Depth Chart listings his SR year:

Backup QB

Starting WR

Backup Punter

Starting Holder

You won't see that a lot in college on the BCS level. Meier is a fine athlete. The article was written with a high degree of ignorance.

Meier did lose his job BUT he did set a Freshman record for TDs and he had a 57% completion percentage. Unfortuetly a better QB came along and he did the right thing for his team and switched to WR. He was a Biletnikoff Award candidate his SR year, he's not a chump athlete. (Golden Tate won the award in 2009)

Depth Chart listings his SR year:

Backup QB

Starting WR

Backup Punter

Starting Holder

You won't see that a lot in college on the BCS level. Meier is a fine athlete. The article was written with a high degree of ignorance.

Good info!! I was a little more focused on him as a WR. I posted observations from the Sat evening training camp and got slammed because he dropped a few in the AM practice. He's definitely a physical player but who knows until September. I think he's at least worth the time to develop.

Who's going to beat him out on the depth chart? (outside of the obvious White/Douglas/Jenkins) Have you seen this kid play in person?

Right there ...is enough plus we use 2 TE formations alot we also brought back Brian Finneran who will see more time then Merrier and he rarely sees the field as is . There was a report out there that we inquired about Boldin .

While not slamming, definitely no flattery either.

I don't know, 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds with 4.6 to 4.7 speed sounds like the makings of a good player to me.

I would rather have a 4.6 4.7 WR that catches everything thrown at him than a 4.3 guy that can't catch a cold. I'm sure we drafted Meier as a short yardage reciever and as a red zone threat. You don't have to be fast when you are inside the ten yard line.