Eric O' Flaherty to DL

The Don™

Ofcourse I hope to see all of our starters go deep into games but I do hope that this means we may see more of Venters. He's a young guy that I want to see get all the game time he can get before the playoffs.

What are you talking about? Venters has appeared in 47% of games played since call up. He's pitched in 6 of the 9 games the Braves have played in July.

If anything, I hope we see a little less of Venters, just to keep him fresh.

What are you talking about? Venters has appeared in 47% of games played since call up. He's pitched in 6 of the 9 games the Braves have played in July.

This, Venters is young and probably our futer Setup/Closer guy, we dont need to burn his arm-out his rookie year.

As of right now you would trust Venters in a world series game? And as of right now the heat hasnt been turned up the way it will be in the 2nd half of the season. He's a young guy that needs to pitch more, I dont care what the percentage is there is no way people can say they would trust him as of right now in a world series game or a playoff game for that matter.

The Mets and Phillies will make some kind of move before the deadline to bolster their line-up somehow, they will get better the games will all be closer coming down the stretch and there will be more games that we call on him in a tied ball game or a run or 2 ahead and possible start bringing him in the game more with base runner already on.

got to agree with you here, We do not need to wear him out. As he get tired he will alter his approach and nothing good can come of that.

As of right now you would trust Venters in a world series game? And as of right now the heat hasnt been turned up the way it will be in the 2nd half of the season. He's a young guy that needs to pitch more, I dont care what the percentage is there is no way people can say they would trust him as of right now in a world series game or a playoff game for that matter.

I trust him. Venters has been consistently lights out all year. His stuff is filthy, and he has proven the ability to get hitters out when he needs to. Plus, he has done it against stiff competition as well. Like KD said, he has pitched in 47% of the games since being called up. That's a lot. I would rather that percentage go down some while we work in some other guys who haven't pitched as much in non-close games.

The Mets and Phillies will make some kind of move before the deadline to bolster their line-up somehow, they will get better the games will all be closer coming down the stretch and there will be more games that we call on him in a tied ball game or a run or 2 ahead and possible start bringing him in the game more with base runner already on.

You just made my point. The Phillies will likely make a second-half push--they usually do. And we will play the division quite a bit in the waning months. With the moves the Mets and Phils may make, our contests with them will likely be even tougher. It will require better pitching, and guys like Venters may be needed more. That is even more reason to not overuse him now so our outstanding bullpen doesn't start unraveling due to overuse.

I'd trust any reliever that has a fresh arm over a reliever that has a dead arm.

You do realize that none of our pitchers have pitched in a World Series game except for Derek Lowe, right? Why are you singling out Venters as the guy that needs extra work?

I'd trust any reliever that has a fresh arm over a reliever that has a dead arm.

You do realize that none of our pitchers have pitched in a World Series game except for Derek Lowe, right? Why are you singling out Venters as the guy that needs extra work?

I'm singling out Venters because we know hpw nasty he's stuff is and he could really be a dangerous weapon in the play-offs and why does everyone think if he pitches more he will have a dead arm?

Have people forgotten that this is the Majors and these players dont need to be pampered? When you watch Venters you see the flare and fire, he needs to pitch more and he needs to be put in tougher situations. Last night was exactly what I'm talking about. Tough situation and he came in and got the job done.

Have people forgotten that this is the Majors and these players dont need to be pampered? When you watch Venters you see the flare and fire, he needs to pitch more and he needs to be put in tougher situations. Last night was exactly what I'm talking about. Tough situation and he came in and got the job done.

Working 47% of your team's games isn't being pampered, it's getting more than steady work. There's not doubt among anyone here that Venters can be a key contributor to the Braves down the stretch and into the playoffs, but there needs to be a balance.

And we'll need all our relievers to be ready come playoff time. Wagner, Moylan, Saito, O'Flaherty... they're all key contributors as well.

I'm singling out Venters because we know hpw nasty he's stuff is and he could really be a dangerous weapon in the play-offs and why does everyone think if he pitches more he will have a dead arm?

he also missed like 2 - 2 1/2 yrs with an arm injury. We do not need to over work him and have him be tired. When pitchers get tired especially their legs they tend to add pressure to the arms which is a big reason alot of arm injuries happen.