Anyone Out There Have Any Good Home Remedies?

Hiccups - Breathe in slowly as far as you can and swallow. Then breathe in and swallow again. Do this as much as you can before exhaling. When you've peeked out relax and EXHALE. Hiccups gone in about three seconds. Trust me

Nose Bleed - first of all don't panic. Calmly walk over to the closest toilet tissue dispenser. Rip off a few sheets. Ball them up and place them between your top inner lip and upper gum. Nose bleed shut off within 13 seconds. Trust me

Funny Bone - the funny bone hurts. Believe me. All you need to do is extend the fingers of the affected arm as much as you can for several seconds. It will slowly get better and go away within about 30 seconds. Trust me

Jellyfish Sting - spray Windex on it or if you're cheap, spread cool wet sand from the same beach on the wound and it will go away. Anyone that knows this sting will confess that it hurts like hail. About like 48 simultaneous bee stings. This remedy will get it done in about 26 seconds. Trust me

Foot Sprains - get to some ice. Quickly. Alternate heat and elevate. Stay off of that foot. This one will take days for a lower sprain. Weeks or months for a high sprain. Trust me

I have tried everyone of these and they flat out work. Free of charge. No EMC. No insurance. No problem

Anybody out there have any other remedies? Post em up.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE TRIED THEM AND THEY WORK PLEASE

Guest Gritz

Got a great quick one for anyone who suffers from heartburn....or that burning lump in your throat real similar to heartburn.

Cut yourself several slices of fresh apple and eat them.

There's something in the apple that knocks it right out.

Works like a charm every time.

I think mdrake34 has a hemorrhoid remedy that involves a Wendy's Spicy Chix sandwich. :ph34r:

Seriously, though. Another one for heartburn. You have to be careful w/this one. But baking soda in a little warm water works well. Just use a little bit, maybe 1/4 teaspoon at first, in a small amt. of water. Mix and drink it down. It will make you burp like a mofo, but eventually does help w/the heartburn.

Come to think of it, I may have heard that in this forum... :unsure:

Nose bleed thing wouldn't work for me. I have seasonal allergies and f*ed up sinuses. My nose bleeds are like turning on a hose. But you're right, DO NOT PANIC. Yeesh, I've literally made myself sick just thinking about it now... I handle nose bleeds like Joey Harrington handles pressure in the pocket... thanks.

Nose bleed thing wouldn't work for me. I have seasonal allergies and f*ed up sinuses. My nose bleeds are like turning on a hose. But you're right, DO NOT PANIC. Yeesh, I've literally made myself sick just thinking about it now... I handle nose bleeds like Joey Harrington handles pressure in the pocket... thanks.

Nose bleed will work for you too bro. Trust me. There aint but two arteries that feed your nose. Supress em. Stop nose bleed.

Got a great quick one for anyone who suffers from heartburn....or that burning lump in your throat real similar to heartburn.

Cut yourself several slices of fresh apple and eat them.

There's something in the apple that knocks it right out.

Works like a charm every time.

This one is very true...or eat regularly as a preventive step.

Hiccups - Breathe in slowly as far as you can and swallow. Then breathe in and swallow again. Do this as much as you can before exhaling. When you've peeked out relax and EXHALE. Hiccups gone in about three seconds. Trust me

Nose Bleed - first of all don't panic. Calmly walk over to the closest toilet tissue dispenser. Rip off a few sheets. Ball them up and place them between your top inner lip and upper gum. Nose bleed shut off within 13 seconds. Trust me

Funny Bone - the funny bone hurts. Believe me. All you need to do is extend the fingers of the affected arm as much as you can for several seconds. It will slowly get better and go away within about 30 seconds. Trust me

Jellyfish Sting - spray Windex on it or if you're cheap, spread cool wet sand from the same beach on the wound and it will go away. Anyone that knows this sting will confess that it hurts like hail. About like 48 simultaneous bee stings. This remedy will get it done in about 26 seconds. Trust me

Foot Sprains - get to some ice. Quickly. Alternate heat and elevate. Stay off of that foot. This one will take days for a lower sprain. Weeks or months for a high sprain. Trust me

I have tried everyone of these and they flat out work. Free of charge. No EMC. No insurance. No problem

Anybody out there have any other remedies? Post em up.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE TRIED THEM AND THEY WORK PLEASE

Alternate to these 2. ;)

My Hiccups is Whole your breath as long as you can and SLOWLY let your air back out, and start breathing slowley. The reason why your hiccuping is a oxygen imbalance, your just righting it, my bro is a doctor and, I have used that one and it works.

Jellyfish sting, Pee on it, plain and simple, theres something in the urate that stops the burning, or have your GF do it. :P

My stepdad used to make this horrible homemade concoction for congestion. He'd boil an onion, a lemon and honey together and make you drink the liquour that came from it.

Like I said, it was horrible, but you could breathe afterwards for hours.

Got a really bad sunburn? Get inside and rinse the affected areas with cold water to halt the radiation. Then apply Crisco to the affected area and you're good for another hour or so in the sun. Trust me.

Sounds to me as if you're cooking yourself.

I used to have really bad leg cramps at night so I started drinking some tonic water right before bedtime. It contains Quinine which someone recommended to me. Never had leg cramps after drinking that stuff.

An old lady told me eating a spoonful of mustard before going to bed helps, but I never tried that.

Note Quinine has been linked to heart attacks in those with heart issues but I very seriously doubt there is enough in tonic water to worry. They sell pills OTC at Walmart with quinine for cramps and they have more than tonic water. But I am no doctor so check first.

My stepdad swears by this nasty stuff.

666-medicine.jpg

From the look (and the taste) of it, it seems as if its a leftover throwback to the snake oil stuff they used to sell before the Depression. Y'know? The stuff that used to KILL people.

You have to cut it with water, too. That's how strong that stuff tastes. It'll literally give you the shimmy-shakes.

My stepdad swears by this nasty stuff.

666-medicine.jpg

From the look (and the taste) of it, it seems as if its a leftover throwback to the snake oil stuff they used to sell before the Depression. Y'know? The stuff that used to KILL people.

You have to cut it with water, too. That's how strong that stuff tastes. It'll literally give you the shimmy-shakes.

They still sell that?!!! :o I have been looking for that stuff for 20+ years because my dad used it and it was THE best cold medicine I ever used. I thought the name caused them to stop selling it. Stupid evangelicals. :angry:

Where can you still buy it at?

They still sell that?!!! :o I have been looking for that stuff for 20+ years because my dad used it and it was THE best cold medicine I ever used. I thought the name caused them to stop selling it. Stupid evangelicals. :angry:

Where can you still buy it at?

Well, being that he still lives in the small rural GA town that we grew up in, I'd say at any non-chain, country drug store.

Or online. Or the back of almanacs. :D

666 Cold...yuck.