Why This trade is a mistake

Zodiac

Okay before you start negging the **** out of me let me put down my thoughts about this trade.

Yes Yunel was struggling and had locker room issues, He could have been a long term answer at SS, I would have kept him around another year and see if his attitude changed with a different manager. Now if I was making the trade I would look at Long term which Liberty Media and Frank Wren aren't doing. Liberty Media is trying to get a Championship for Bobby in his last year but were sacrificing long term for it.

My trade Scenarios.

Escobar+reyes+Freeman(Teheran or Vizcaino) to the Brewers for Prince Fielder. Heres the thing Alcides could move to 2nd and Yunel plays SS, while Freeman mans 1st base That is a Gold Glove Caliber Infield, while Brewers still have Big Bats in Braun and Hart.

2nd Option

Escobar+Reyes+Freeman(Hinske,Teheran or Vizcaino) to the Nats for Adam Dunn, the Braves recieve a Consistent 40 HR+ 100 RBI+ man who draws the most walks in the leauge. The Nats can move Desmond to 2nd to replace the Aging Guzman.

Heyward- Heyward is our Long-Term Power hitter, However if Heyward has no protection he'll end up getting walked. This is another Crucial role where Dunn or Fielder could fill in. the Braves have no other serious Protection for Heyward besides maybe McCann and I really dont know if McCann could really intimidate pitchers so much as to make them acctually pitch to Heyward.

The real Trade

Escobar+Reyes to the Jays for Alex Gonzalez, a Wagner like pitching prospect and a SS prospect.

Alex Gonzalez has indeed lit it up this year but he was on a Blue Jays team that was lighting it up all around. Jose Bautista who plays LF formerly played for the Pirates and didn't do Jack Squat while he was there. John Buck hadn't really done much at KC but he moves to Toronto and starts lighting it up along with Vernon Wells.

That atmosphere is what could have been fueling Gonzalez' run this year. He now comes to a braves team that isnt a HR based team, I dont know if the atmoshpere will still fuel the season he is having.

Gonzalez Career line

Batting average .248

Home runs 129

Runs batted in 563

Not exactly what I would call Impressive.

Longterm, Glaus is not our Longterm answer at 1B and Freeman wont provide the protection Heyward needs in the next few years, 1B is still a longterm Option

Now we Have SS as another Longterm situation Gonzalez is not our longterm guy.

3B will soon be one too with Chipper coming up on retirement.

We Could have also used a good LF, I love our platoon set up now but I would love to have an everyday starter out there.

This is my opinon about the trade take it as you may or pay absolutely no attention to it. This is how I feel about it and the Effects I feel it will have on the Longterm plans of the Braves

You may now proccede to neg the living **** out of me.

BTW Gonzalez is only hitting 259 on the season with a 296 OPB.

Edited by Zodiac

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

+1'd you Zodiac. I don't neg people for having different opinions.

That said, your trade scenarios don't make any sense, for the reasons already given to you in the other thread.

Also, you are making "protection in the line-up" way more of a deal than it really is. Heyward's going to walk a lot, because that's the way he rolls. That's not a bad thing.

That all said, I don't like this trade either, but hopefully this is just a set-up for other, better trades.

why is a new thread necessary?

on topic:

so you trade away a starting SS for a first basemen, which is not a position of need. who plays SS then? What do you do with Glaus?

I asked him this three times in the other thread and didn't get an answer. Not to mention he assumes that either of those teams would have any interest in Escobar.

Why trade for someone who has a 296 OPB, the Braves could have had made better deals. and protection is a big thing remember when Barry started just getting walked game after game. The Giants started losing a lot more.

You people are just being Ignorant Alex Gonzalez is not the answer for all we know he could have just been riding the Momentum and atmosphere from his fellow teammates at the Jays. If he comes here and does horrible and none of the prospects you guys are gonna look back and ask the same exact questions that I am right now.

The guys is batting .258 with an OPB of .298 that is absolutely horrid. We didnt make ourselves a better team by this we just created more holes we have to fill.

why is a new thread necessary?

on topic:

so you trade away a starting SS for a first basemen, which is not a position of need. who plays SS then? What do you do with Glaus?

Call up Diory and we could Trade Glaus and another prospect like maybe a barbaro Canizarez for a 25 HR 80+ RBI guy who starts regulary in LF.

Wow, stop posting, you're taking a beating!

Keep in mind this is the same team that took hits for signing Glaus in the offseason, he's worked out well. Pro Scouts will always be better than arm chair GM's and the Braves have proven that this year.

Glaus has done well for one month this year and that was May he hasnt picked up the pace since than.

Call up Diory and we could Trade Glaus and another prospect like maybe a barbaro Canizarez for a 25 HR 80+ RBI guy who starts regulary in LF.

You keep pulling these trade scenarios out of thin air without any consideration if they are the least bit possible. Who is going to trade a power hitting ML leftfielder for an aging 1B and a mediocre minor leaguer? Saying it is easy, but finding someone willing to actually do it is a bit more difficult.

You keep pulling these trade scenarios out of thin air without any consideration if they are the least bit possible. Who is going to trade a power hitting ML leftfielder for an aging 1B and a mediocre minor leaguer? Saying it is easy, but finding someone willing to actually do it is a bit more difficult.

Madden-esque trades are the best.

You have to look at it realistcally, Im all for winning a championship this year and Gonzalez could help. However If we accquired a guy like a Adamn dunn or Prince fielder, than trade Glaus, Canizares, or maybe Gregor for someone who could hit 25 Homerun and 80 RBIs and regular LF starter. Long term it could lead to maybe another WS.

But w/e Im going to stop arguing with Ignorance, thats one fight i've never won and never will.

You have to look at it realistcally, Im all for winning a championship this year and Gonzalez could help. However If we accquired a guy like a Adamn dunn or Prince fielder, than trade Glaus, Canizares, or maybe Gregor for someone who could hit 25 Homerun and 80 RBIs and regular LF starter. Long term it could lead to maybe another WS.

But w/e Im going to stop arguing with Ignorance, thats one fight i've never won and never will.

......yes please stop arguing with yourself. Everyone else dismissed your scenarios in the original thread.

A team that doesnt really have salary cap to keep said LF and wants to drop some money to sign thier big time rookies to a huge deal say a Washington National club or A Baltimore Orioles(Luke Scott).

Dude, you keep trying to trade guys with virtually no value to a team that's retooling for next year (as Milwaukee and Washington are) for one of their best players.

As you say, you have to look at it realistically.

Barbaro has no value whatsoever. Dude is a 30+ year old career minor leaguer who doesn't field well, doesn't hit well, and doesn't have a ton of power. You'd be lucky to get a bag of balls for him, let alone a competent major league player in a deal that involved him.

......yes please stop arguing with yourself. Everyone else dismissed your scenarios in the original thread.

I saw nothing except lol you ****** this isnt MLB RTS, no one would accept that trade, yea sorta of like no one would trade Javier Vasquez for Melky Cabrera, a Single A pitcher and a AAA MR.

Dude, you keep trying to trade guys with virtually no value to a team that's retooling for next year (as Milwaukee and Washington are) for one of their best players.

Dude, Zodica got negged 26 times in this thread alone. We all know how ridiculous this is.

Zodiac =

pwned_3.jpg

*Sigh* Value is in the Eye of the Beholder, Gergor is working his *** off to get a starting job this year, Im pretty sure any club would take someone who runs down the line as hard as he can and dives headfirst into 1B on every play than has the speed to steal 2nd and 3rd.