Escobar a Blue Jay

Hammafan58

I was initially surprised at the news, but according to a few people, he was a headcase that let little things get to him during games.

There was a game a few weeks ago that Chipper had to keep going over to encourage Yunel. Yunel is a decent player but he's not mature enough yet to produce on the level that the Braves need right now.

He would definitely let things get to him. The facial expressions he would make when he disagreed with an umpires' call said it all.

The game that Chipper kept going over for encouragement was when the scorekeeper gave Escobar an 'E' early in the game. He couldn't let it go. It was a 'Home' scorekeeper.

I thought Escobar was going to be the next Rentaria which slightly eased the pain of losing 'Rents'. He had a knack for going to the opposite field and was giving the Braves some clutch at bats. It's evident to me that Rentaria was keeping Yunel grounded.

In Alex Gonzalez, the Braves are getting a good defensive SS, whose bat has been a pleasant surprise this season. He is 33 and rapidly closing in on career highs for HR and games played, with an affordable contract for next season. The 2 included prospects, Collins and Pastornicky, are long shots to make an impact in the majors.

This deal looks like a present to Bobby Cox, to help him stem the tide of a Phillies resurgence in his final season as skipper.

There was a game a few weeks ago that Chipper had to keep going over to encourage Yunel. Yunel is a decent player but he's not mature enough yet to produce on the level that the Braves need right now.

I read over on the Mets blog, from a Mets fans that claimed to be at the last Braves/Mets series, that he noticed a lot of dirty looks towards Yunel from his fellow Braves when he screwed up multiple times.

He would definitely let things get to him. The facial expressions he would make when he disagreed with an umpires' call said it all.

The game that Chipper kept going over for encouragement was when the scorekeeper gave Escobar an 'E' early in the game. He couldn't let it go. It was a 'Home' scorekeeper.

I thought Escobar was going to be the next Rentaria which slightly eased the pain of losing 'Rents'. He had a knack for going to the opposite field and was giving the Braves some clutch at bats. It's evident to me that Rentaria was keeping Yunel grounded.

That was the game, I had a feeling his days were numbered after that. He just looked out of it.

I read over on the Mets blog, from a Mets fans that claimed to be at the last Braves/Mets series, that he noticed a lot of dirty looks towards Yunel from his fellow Braves when he screwed up multiple times.

I watched most of the recent Mets games and he made some really questionable plays, even over the last few weeks he was just not there. The one play that he got Glaus hammered (on the hand) was enough to send him packing.

The other day, the announcers talked about how he has problems letting things go when he threw that lob to Glaus where Glaus hurt his hand having to tag the runner.

Exactly, I didn't see your post when I responded. That play was horrible.

I didn't like the trade when I first heard it, I really thought Escobar was much younger because of the maturity issues. I didn't know he was 27 already.