Momentum

Finally

It feels pretty good to have true momentum for the first time ever. It will make this year easier just like it made last year so very hard. Instead of our players being in a franchise of one year wonders now they are in a winning franchise. I have said this before and I firmly believe it... players are fans too. If they are constantly in the doghouse they tend to stay there. Look at Detroit. However, if they get used to winning they tend to stay towards the top. Look at the Patriots with Matt Cassel.

We have gotten very used to being one hit wonders. We woke up every once in awhile made a splash and then immediately went back to sleep. It was an amazing force of will last year that broke the cycle. When I think back over all the obstacles and all that went wrong I see the script for one of those heart-warming Disney-esque sports movies.

I admit it. I was holding my breath a little last year. It looked pretty bleak there at times. Now I don't have to... we are a team of winners. All of the fans know it, even the ones that play on the team. They will play like the winners they are.

This year will be easier... we have momentum.

It feels pretty good to have true momentum for the first time ever. It will make this year easier just like it made last year so very hard. Instead of our players being in a franchise of one year wonders now they are in a winning franchise. I have said this before and I firmly believe it... players are fans too. If they are constantly in the doghouse they tend to stay there. Look at Detroit. However, if they get used to winning they tend to stay towards the top. Look at the Patriots with Matt Cassel.

We have gotten very used to being one hit wonders. We woke up every once in awhile made a splash and then immediately went back to sleep. It was an amazing force of will last year that broke the cycle. When I think back over all the obstacles and all that went wrong I see the script for one of those heart-warming Disney-esque sports movies.

I admit it. I was holding my breath a little last year. It looked pretty bleak there at times. Now I don't have to... we are a team of winners. All of the fans know it, even the ones that play on the team. They will play like the winners they are.

This year will be easier... we have momentum.

Excellent post Finally. I couldn't have written it better myself. :lol: +1 This is what I have been saying. I hate to bring this up again, but even Ja98 is gonna step it up when the team start playing like winners. He is gonna want to be a part of this. The Patriots rose from the bottom in the 2000's, why can't we. It is our turn

Excellent post Finally. I couldn't have written it better myself. :lol: +1 This is what I have been saying. I hate to bring this up again, but even Ja98 is gonna step it up when the team start playing like winners. He is gonna want to be a part of this. The Patriots rose from the bottom in the 2000's, why can't we. It is our turn

You bring up a good point. Where do you think JA98 would be if he had signed with the Steelers instead of us? They have a culture of dominant defense and I truly believe that when they sign new players those players play at a higher level because of the pride they have in their squad.

That is why breaking away from our previous culture is so important. Attitude is crucial.

This is definitely worth bumping. ESPECIALLY if what FalconinPA says comes true! Wouldn't that be awesome to watch? Give Kroy the starting job, and let JA98 come in for relief, well-rested and fired up!!

*sigh*

I almost dare to dream it this year. ;)

You bring up a good point. Where do you think JA98 would be if he had signed with the Steelers instead of us? They have a culture of dominant defense and I truly believe that when they sign new players those players play at a higher level because of the pride they have in their squad.

That is why breaking away from our previous culture is so important. Attitude is crucial.

He would have gotten chewed up, spit out, decleated, mauled, pillaged, mutilated, decimated, creamed, decapitated, probed, stomped (regular and curb), stampeded, cubed, diced, sliced, minced, gnawed, clawed, sprawled, torn, ripped, stripped, grated, capped, beat, pimp slapped, bagged and tagged and then he would have been cut.

He would have gotten chewed up, spit out, decleated, mauled, pillaged, mutilated, decimated, creamed, decapitated, probed, stomped (regular and curb), stampeded, cubed, diced, sliced, minced, gnawed, clawed, sprawled, torn, ripped, stripped, grated, capped, beat, pimp slapped, bagged and tagged and then he would have been cut.

And that would've just been in the bathroom with Big Ben.

And that would've just been in the bathroom with Big Ben.

lol........good one +1

Roger Goodell says, "Look Ben we have a report of some hazing going on in the bathroom."

Roethlisberger replies, "Nah man, I was just introducing him to Mike Ditka".

I've always believed that momentum and confidence are major factors in the NFL. That's why I always look at the opening 3 games in the hope that we have a favourable opening that gives us a change to get some early wins and built momentum/confidence.

Although our schedule is very reasonable this year, I thing we have a tough opening with roads games against the Steelers and Saints in the first 3 weeks and I wouldn't call the Cards at home an easy/automatic win either. Those games could shape our whole season.

I hate to be negative, but it is possible that we could play well and still find ourselves 0-3 after 3 tought, close losses - and then under pressure to get back in the hunt. On the other hand, if we were to beat the Saint and Steelers away, there is every chance that it could be the springboard for an amazing season. I think we are up for the challenge...

Finishing the season with a three game winning streak should help spring board us into something special this year I hope. Might be all the momentum we need.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Winning the final 3 games last season will hopefully carry on into this season...it happens a lot in the NFL.