Atljbo's Mock

atljbo

1st round: 6'5 270lbs DE Greg Romeus

Greg Romeus has all the tools to be a beast at DE... The guy has a good first step, fast, and big..... The guy has the body type to be an impact LDE..... I look at this pick like our Spoon pick.... Spoon was not drafted to start day one.... He will get some snaps and eventually take over that WLB position.... Abe will have 1 year left on his contract..... TD thinks ahead.... Romeus will have a year under his belt before he is asked to start... Greg Romeus, Kroy Biermann, and Lawrence Sidbury will give us a nasty DE rotation for the future....

2nd round:6'5 315lbs RT/LT Orlando Franklin

Orlando Franklin fits our O-line scheme.... The guy is a mauler in the run game (finishes his blocks) and has good enough feet to play LT in the NFL (he will prove that this year) ... He will make the perfect RT.....We will have 2 Bookend Tackles for Matty Ice.

3rd round: 6'2 215lbs WR Leonard Hankerson

Leonard Hankerson is a guy that has deep ball speed and the body to play big.... He had a case of the drops earlier in his college career but he has seemed to fix that.... Kinda remind me of a young poorman's Roddy White.

4th round: 6'3 240lbs LB Colin McCarthy

A very solid LB..... Colin McCarthy has starter potential but he has been dinged up... He was mostly injury free in 2009 and had a good season... McCarthy can be a good ST player/ good backup with potential to start at SLB in the future.

5th round: 5'10 198lbs RB Baron Batch

Batch would make a good RB.... The guy has speed but he is also good at catching the ball (395 receiving yards)

6th round: 5'11 205lbs K Matt Bosher

A good kicking prospect that has a big enough leg to hit 50 yarders.

7th round (Chris Houston) : 6'5 305lbs LT/RT Derek Newton

A big tackle with backup potential.

7th round: 5'11 245lbs FB Anthony Sherman

A big fullback blocking football that can also catch.

(I know i have 3 "U" players in my mock... It just fell that way./

Yeah, if Gonzalez comes back for one more go round, this is a good mock. Obviously as usual with a 2011 mock half these guys could be 1st rounders in February, and the other half could be UDFAs - but that's true of any mock this early.

DE, RT, WR first three picks and addresses depth needs at RB and LB - seems like sensible positional analysis at this stage. Glad to see at least one other person here thinks we need another big body at FB too. Wouldn't bother with a kicker though - how about getting a developmental QB in, Reman won't last forever.

Love that they are all seniors with production - very TD.

Nice also that we are hitting the ACC - we've picked more players from the FCS under TD than we have from ACC (only ones I can remember are Matt, Reynolds and Adkins).

Not sure I agree that Hankerson has NFL deep ball speed but he does have a good average last year so we will have to see at combine.

I like this draft a lot, particularly as Chicquera said if TG comes back for another year we can consider not drafting a top quality TE and giving Peek or Palmer a chance to develop before deciding they are not up to it.

I like the Greg Romeus a **** of a lot. I really hope that we can get him. I agree that we have Kroy as our future RE, the guy has earned it and seems to be maturing and progressing with the upside that we had all hoped he had in him.

As for Sidbury, I think this year will be a telling factor in whether we go for Romeus or another one of the top Ends in the 2011 class. If in his rotation he produces the sort of complete play that Kroy did with less snaps than Anderson last season, then I could see that development being allowed to continue in the 2011 season. At this point however I must say I do agree with the impact DE in the first round as Sid hasn't yet shown more than good rotational value.

Considering a Kroy like showing from Sid this year, does anyone think it could then be a possibility that we flip our first 3 picks around in 2011 going

1st: Tackle

2nd: Receiver

3rd: End

depending on how the board looks by draft time?

JBO what are your thoughts on Adrian Clayborn. I was of the opinion he was out of the question for Atlanta as a result of his fracas with the police last season. However I was looking on the NFL site and they were giving a break down of Pass Rushing prospects and they had him as number one and referred to him as a guy of high character.

JBO what are your thoughts on Adrian Clayborn. I was of the opinion he was out of the question for Atlanta as a result of his fracas with the police last season. However I was looking on the NFL site and they were giving a break down of Pass Rushing prospects and they had him as number one and referred to him as a guy of high character.

Yea.. He is not on TD's radar.... Dude beat up a taxi driver... Dude will be off the board before we pick tho.