Man alleges Vols players attacked him.

SacFalcFan

If true, I hope they all spend a significant amount of time in prison. It's a shame the guy that was beaten to a pulp didn't have a gun. He could have saved the rest of the world some of the oxygen those thugs have been breathing up.

kicking off one player and suspending 2 indefinately is not enough for this crime. every player there should be kicked off the team involved in this.. it infuriates me when I read that.

kicking off one player and suspending 2 indefinately is not enough for this crime. every player there should be kicked off the team involved in this.. it infuriates me when I read that.

Dooley has publicaly said his standards are more stringent than the legal standards. I hope he follows through. Thugs have no place in this game or in free society- UT, UGA or otherwise. Just unbelievable.

Edited by Dawgy

This whole situation is a mess. It's shocking to see that scholarship players with so much at stake would just willfully engage in an uncontrollable bar brawl that left a law enforcement official in the hospital. And to top it off they resist arrest and continue their disorderly conduct!

Regardless of who started it, you don't beat a person laying defenseless on the floor as if his very breath is threatening your life. Numerous people saying that the players were bringing barstools and other stuff into the mix... that's just completely uncalled for and really sad to hear about.

Did anything substantial ever come out that Rogers was in fact trying to break the fighting up?

I'm feeling bad for the Vols fans... they've had it rough lately.

This whole situation is a mess. It's shocking to see that scholarship players with so much at stake would just willfully engage in an uncontrollable bar brawl that left a law enforcement official in the hospital. And to top it off they resist arrest and continue their disorderly conduct!

Regardless of who started it, you don't beat a person laying defenseless on the floor as if his very breath is threatening your life. Numerous people saying that the players were bringing barstools and other stuff into the mix... that's just completely uncalled for and really sad to hear about.

Did anything substantial ever come out that Rogers was in fact trying to break the fighting up?

no the rogers info was false.. there was no video either proving that.. it was vol fans spreading stuff that wasn't true (not saying guys on our boards were knowingly posting false info) and trying to spin stuff.

You're right Carter. And they'll continue to have a rough time unless they send a strong message. Expel the guilty and let law take its course. Really sad to hear that prominent attorney has taken up the case as the defense counsel. Wonder who is paying him.

Edited by Dawgy

This is funny:

Did anyone see the picture of Da'Rick in the AJC earlier this evening? I think it might still be on the front page but anyhow it shows him wearing at GT tshirt. Did we ever recruit him? Wonder how he became a fan of ours and we never recruited him.

The above is from a georgia tech forum. They forgot he played for the Calhoun Yellow Jackets. :lol: No one picked that up in the thread. The tech fans thought he was a big tech fan.

Regardless of the stories from both side, they beat two people unconcious and continue to beat them down after they were out. This is ridiculous. They all need to be kick off the team or severely suspended.

I agree the ones involved in the beat down need to be suspended or kicked off the team due to their participation in the fight(s).

I agree the ones involved in the beat down need to be suspended or kicked off the team due to their participation in the fight(s).

Thanks for the correction. I meant the one that were involve. But there should be punishment for the non participant that saw it happened and did not stop it. Maybe half a game or a game suspension.

And the ones standing there who did nothing to stop it, if there were in fact any such among the thugsters. No, they perhaps wouldn't be held liable under the law(although all it would take is a witness hearing one them say "whip his @##, ________", and he'd be liable as an accomplice.

"He broke his nose"

No he didn't somebody else did. LOL. These poor UT players are just being persecuted. I'm sure they were provoked and were just defending themselves. Sometimes it takes 7 on 1 to put up a proper defense. They were just kids being kids....besides some of them are five stars.....can't have UT not being competitive this year...win at all cost. And I'm sure the Knoxville police are not looking at this as a hate crime....they're probably just glad to get the players' autographs.

I am now mixed up (imagine that). Is this just additional information relating to the incident that left the police officer unconscious? It's not another fight at another time, is it?

Also I know Dooley kicked on player off of the team, and I think the kid is a safety. But it's not the one kid who had so much potential, and played so well for them last year as a freshman is it?

I am now mixed up (imagine that). Is this just additional information relating to the incident that left the police officer unconscious? It's not another fight at another time, is it?

Also I know Dooley kicked on player off of the team, and I think the kid is a safety. But it's not the one kid who had so much potential, and played so well for them last year as a freshman is it?

this is the fight that started it all inside. they first beat up the 5'8 210lb patron in the article. the guys were then moved outside (some of the ut players took off their shirts wanting to go back in and beat the guy up some more) and the off duty officer who did tell reveal to them he was a police officer tried to intervene outside and the players then beat him up kicking in the office in the head after they knocked him to the ground.

no you are thinking of janzen jackson. the guy who there is video evidence he was involved in that robbery last year and was allowed to get away with it due to lane kiffin. he was their great freshman sensation last year back there. darren myles is another safety prospect, but he isn't the same type of prospect and he was booted..

Article

KNOXVILLE - A report released this morning by Knoxville police says that University of Tennessee prized football recruit Da'Rick Rogers allegedly assaulted a man during last week's brawl at a Cumberland Avenue nightclub, but the victim declined to prosecute.

The article above has a lot more info in it.

Article

KNOXVILLE - A report released this morning by Knoxville police says that University of Tennessee prized football recruit Da'Rick Rogers allegedly assaulted a man during last week's brawl at a Cumberland Avenue nightclub, but the victim declined to prosecute.

The article above has a lot more info in it.

These articles are getting so ridiculous, every time one comes out the information just gets more clouded. This guy claims that Da'Rick assaulted him and there are a lot of witnesses claiming to be at the bar (just as credible as this man) who claim Da'Rick was attempting to stop the fight, also if he claims he was pepper sprayed and was pushing back because he couldn't see I honestly don't blame him. I'm not even going to worry about this anymore until some facts come out (if that is even possible).

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

"He broke his nose"

No he didn't somebody else did. LOL. These poor UT players are just being persecuted. I'm sure they were provoked and were just defending themselves. Sometimes it takes 7 on 1 to put up a proper defense. They were just kids being kids....besides some of them are five stars.....can't have UT not being competitive this year...win at all cost. And I'm sure the Knoxville police are not looking at this as a hate crime....they're probably just glad to get the players' autographs.

It's not a hate crime. As bad as this incident was, it's not like they piled up in a pickup truck to go somewhere that the white man was being treated well and throw rocks and burn crosses in their yard. They didn't find out this guy is white and then start beating the crap out of him.

I agree to an extent about recruiting some of these guys who may not be good character people but can put up big numbers in high school... but the notion that this was a hate crime only exposes your own prejudice. For all we know this one white guy caught a beating because he made a racial slur himself.

It's not a hate crime. As bad as this incident was, it's not like they piled up in a pickup truck to go somewhere that the white man was being treated well and throw rocks and burn crosses in their yard. They didn't find out this guy is white and then start beating the crap out of him.

I agree to an extent about recruiting some of these guys who may not be good character people but can put up big numbers in high school... but the notion that this was a hate crime only exposes your own prejudice. For all we know this one white guy caught a beating because he made a racial slur himself.

That's what I meant.....it was a hate crime against Da'rick and his buddies no doubt. I'm sure the non-athlete kid and the 160 pound cop started this and provoked seven college football players by using racial slurs. These UT kids should all be put back on the team and given some sort of award.