Software for organizing DVD's. Any suggestions?

yea.. my movie collection has gotten completely out of hand and lately I have been buying duplicate movies by mistake not remembering I already had a copy.Also I cannot find a movie when I do want to watch it so it's time to get organized. Does anyone here recommend any software to help you keep track and organize? Right now I am working with stickers and a sharpie. :P

yea.. my movie collection has gotten completely out of hand and lately I have been buying duplicate movies by mistake not remembering I already had a copy.Also I cannot find a movie when I do want to watch it so it's time to get organized. Does anyone here recommend any software to help you keep track and organize? Right now I am working with stickers and a sharpie. :P

You have a copy of MS Excel? Or if you go to open office they have a spreadsheet program.

Its what I did with my collection after it passed the 300 movie mark. then, I could just label it by Genre, if I had seen it or not, my own grades of the movie. You have to put all the info in to begin with and to label it and all, but its better then hunting it down or buying it again, i'm sure you can get a excel viewing app on a phone, or export it to a file for your phone. ;)

http://www.openoffice.org/

Edited by nativefalcon

You have a copy of MS Excel? Or if you go to open office they have a spreadsheet program.

Its what I did with my collection after it passed the 300 movie mark. then, I could just label it by Genre, if I had seen it or not, my own grades of the movie. You have to put all the info in to begin with and to label it and all, but its better then hunting it down or buying it again, i'm sure you can get a excel viewing app on a phone, or export it to a file for your phone. ;)

http://www.openoffice.org/

I have trouble with the genre thing because a lot of movies are falling into more than one. But yea, I will probably do what you suggested and make my own system.

I don't own a cell phone bacause where I live is a complete dead zone. You can't even get one bar, I don't care who the provider is and I don't feel like paying for a home phone and a cell phone. Since I need a phone here, the home phone wins.