Ryan vs Flacco Super Bowl

hawkeye

Our defense would have to mature very quickly in order for this to happen (and we are very close). I believe we would come out on top after playing a very physical Baltimore defense and solving the debate on which QB taken in the 2008 draft is better :D:D .

I just saw a mock that had us 31 and the Ravens 32. I guess Flacco came out victorious. Hopefully we make it to

the big dance this year, but if not it aint that far off.

Flacco is good, I just don't think hes as accurate as Matt, but that would be great if the prediction came true and false. True were up there, False. were 32 and the ravens are 31. :P

We have the elite offense and the Ravens defense have been slowing down lately...

That is true too. Our defense may get there this year but if I had my choice right now I would rather go up against someone who relies heavily on defense. No one is unbeatable but I wouldn't mind avoiding Manning on our first trip with Ryan.

I've actually wanted that to be the Super Bowl opponent for us if we make it in the next couple years. There'd be a great storyline heading into the game with Ryan vs. Flacco.

Yeah, I agree. That or either us beating the Patriots or Colts in the Superbowl. It will be like the changing of the guard. Ryan can step out of the shadows of Manning and Brady and become Matt Ryan. Enough with the comparisons :lol:

I would be more worried about an elite offense than an elite defense. The ravens are a good match-up for us.

We'll I always liked what Warren Sapp said, Defense doesn't win championships, but it helps. :P

And if you look at the Ravens and the Bucs, even though their defense was dominate as he-ll they still had offense. But it can work the other way also, Killer offense, and decent defense, just look at the 49ers. ;)

I want BOTH, killer offense and defense. :)

Edited by nativefalcon

We have the elite offense and the Ravens defense have been slowing down lately...

Indeed. They're hurting in the secondary.

I'd just be stoked we made it back to the Superbowl honestly, the opponent doesn't matter. Although, I'd have to admit the "Ryan vs. Flacco" debate would be an exciting matchup to see get settled once and for all. Who came up with the "Who's the better QB??" debate anyway? It seems like we all did on this messageboard...don't think I ever heard it on ESPN or NFLN yet.

Indeed. They're hurting in the secondary.

I'd just be stoked we made it back to the Superbowl honestly, the opponent doesn't matter. Although, I'd have to admit the "Ryan vs. Flacco" debate would be an exciting matchup to see get settled once and for all. Who came up with the "Who's the better QB??" debate anyway? It seems like we all did on this messageboard...don't think I ever heard it on ESPN or NFLN yet.

really? they don't pump it like it's Manning v. Brady, with good reason, but they do usually compare the two whenever one is brought up because of their similar journeys into NFL stardom.

really? they don't pump it like it's Manning v. Brady, with good reason, but they do usually compare the two whenever one is brought up because of their similar journeys into NFL stardom.

The first time I heard it debated was on here...

We had numerous threads discussing it! I guess I missed the ESPN/NFLN segments.

We'll I always liked what Warren Sapp said, Defense doesn't win championships, but it helps. :P

And if you look at the Ravens and the Bucs, even though their defense was dominate as he-ll they still had offense. But it can work the other way also, Killer offense, and decent defense, just look at the 49ers. ;)

I want BOTH, killer offense and defense. :)

The keyword there is decent. If we can get in the vicinity of the top 10 this year we have a good chance. If not, we will probably only get close.

On paper we have the defense we need. I don't know if they will be ready to graduate to killer this year but it should be enough.