Our ole buddy Andruw Jones belted his 400th HR today

The Don™

Good for him!

Link to HR

And it was a good call by Hawk Harrelson(suprising huh?). Well, besides the fact when he says "you can put it on the booooooard, yes!"

No joke, I would take 3 Chip Caray's in the booth all screaming on a "HOMERUN" that is caught by the third baseman over that annoying jerk off. The "he gone" and the "put it on the board" quips just make me rage. Announcers that take homerism too far are bad, those pair just take it to another level. Easily the most irritating and obnoxious announcers in the game now. Harrelson makes Michael Kay look respectful.

Edited by Chili Dog

Andruw's also approaching another milestone: 1600 strikeouts.

I started disliking him after he would not take advice on his swing because "I'm a pull hitter."

You know what was funny about that? He said that after 2 straight games where he got game winning hits to right field in the late innings! :wacko:

But congrats to AJ!

Only the fourth player to hit 400 HRs and win 10 Gold Gloves. The other three are first ballot HOF'ers. (Griffey, Mays, Schmidt)

And all of that on nothing but pure natural ability. Imagine what he could have been if he took better care of his body and worked harder to improve his craft.

Edited by Gritzblitz 2.0

Only the fourth player to hit 400 HRs and win 10 Gold Gloves. The other three are first ballot HOF'ers. (Griffey, Mays, Schmidt)

And all of that on nothing but pure natural ability. Imagine what he could have been if he took better care of his body and worked harder to improve his craft.

Yup. I remember Bobby or some coach saying something in the lines of "it hurt to take his money sometimes". He was talking about Andruw getting fined for stupid stuff, and it happened so often, that the Braves didn't like taking money from him, but had to do it. Honestly, I'm not sure when I heard that, but it was sometime this past year.